deoyx

Homestuck Talk

Homestuck is my favorite thing ever right now. Anything Andrew Hussie's made, I love. Although, while Bard Quest was cool, it was kinda... weird. But you've gotta expect that when you've seen his other stuff, such as Humanimals. Now THAT was weird.

I personally think you can't enjoy Homestuck to its full potential if you haven't read Jailbreak and Problem Sleuth because of the references. I don't think there's a reference to Bard Quest, though :/

Back to Homestuck, I love it. A lot. A lot of people seem to hate the first act, but it only took me up to the part where Sburb was installed for me to love it. Plus I really kept reading it because my computer had been taken away (I don't remember what for, I'm usually not grounded for anything) and my sister would let me be on Skype as long as I read Homestuck while talking to my friends. Then, while I was reading Homestuck, I made them read it, and they ended up becoming fans as well.

My favorite character has to be Terezi. I don't hate any characters. This is the first story I've ever become a fan of that I don't hate any characters. So this is why it's hard for me to list any second favorite character--I just can't. It's too hard. But by a difficult decision, Terezi is my favorite.

Homestuck has actually gotten me to love voice acting. I'm probably not all that great at it, but I am improving, I'd say.

Homestuck got me into roleplaying again, too, as well as writing fanfictions again. I don't know where I'd even be if I'd never read Homestuck.

And I do indeed have Pesterchum. I have a Terezi alternate trolltag, gallowCalibrators, I have one for my character, powerPlant, and I have one for no roleplaying, dementedFluffbeasts.

Plus, I love Trollmegle. I'll usually go on as Dolorsa telling people to go to bed because it's way past their bedtime or as Terezi the grub. People usually hate Terezi the grub, though :C So sometimes I'll also be Tavros the grub, and everyone's always like "awwww socute" whenever they see him.

My favorite flash... it's hard to say which one is my favorite. I think it's Enter.

Okay I'll stop fangirling about Homestuck now.

EDIT: *just realized now that I've already posted in this thread*

Edited by Zeekaice

You haven't seen her enter yet, have you?

You haven't seen her enter yet, have you?

What Mando said. I do like that flash, along with all the rest of them, but it's just not my favorite. And it doesn't scare me even though it seems to scare everyone else. xd.png

I'm not fond of the horrorterror bit myself, but mostly because that particular flash gives me motion sickness. :|

Related to the horrorterrors though, Rose's transformation was pretty sweet. Also when she arrives at the castle to look for John.

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECT but who here actually thinks they have a grasp on troll romance? XD

(edited for DANCING AROUND SPOILERS FOR THE UNINITIATED LALALALALA)

Edited by Lythiaren

Considering I was having hate-romances before I even heard of homestuck? I'd have to say I know more than the average human xd.png

user posted image

Edited by dragon_mando

I think I have a pretty good grasp on troll romance.

Matespritship: "I pity you!" "I pity you too" *sloppy makeouts* "Let's go fill pails!"

Moirallegiance: "I'm here to make sure you don't kill yourself or others!" - pretty much like a best friend.

Auspistice: "GRRR I can't decide if I pity you or hate you" "RAWR me too" *3rd person comes in* "I'm here to solve your relationship problems!"

Kismesisitude: "I HATE YOU BUT YOU'RE HOT I'LL GET THE BUCKET."

And then there's Eridan: "lovve me" *sniffle*

I think I have a pretty good grasp on troll romance.

Matespritship: "I pity you!" "I pity you too" *sloppy makeouts* "Let's go fill pails!"

Moirallegiance: "I'm here to make sure you don't kill yourself or others!" - pretty much like a best friend.

Auspistice: "GRRR I can't decide if I pity you or hate you" "RAWR me too" *3rd person comes in* "I'm here to solve your relationship problems!"

Kismesisitude: "I HATE YOU BUT YOU'RE HOT I'LL GET THE BUCKET."

And then there's Eridan: "lovve me" *sniffle*

Yeah pretty much this.

When I was first reading through Homestuck, my sister was there reading with me, and when I got to the part where it explained troll romance. She immediately absconded while I read that part. I was like "...what hey can you explain this to me" but I don't think she understood it either.

Took me a little bit, but I finally have a good grasp on it. I can immediately recognize and understand the quadrants now. Plus, like Mando, it's starting to make a lot more sense to me than human romance.

When people mention something about romance, I keep subconsciously thinking "What quadrant?"

I think I'm too obsessed with Homestuck.

Only not. Hussie has stated on Formspring that best friend =/= moiral. Trolls can have multiple best friends, but only one moiral at a time because the moiral has a slightly more complex relationship again. They're the person that will physically put themselves in harm's way to keep you mentally stable: like a crazy combination of therapist, sibling, best friend, and personal cop.

Only not. Hussie has stated on Formspring that best friend =/= moiral. Trolls can have multiple best friends, but only one moiral at a time because the moiral has a slightly more complex relationship again. They're the person that will physically put themselves in harm's way to keep you mentally stable: like a crazy combination of therapist, sibling, best friend, and personal cop.

Spoilers for those not caught up yet--

Like Karkat shooshing and papping Gamzee. That was pretty dangerous had Gamzee decided to actually attack Karkat |D

Yeah, I didn't really explain that very well. xd.png

A moirail is like a best friend, only... more, I guess? Like a really close friend that's more like family that you'd do anything for. There's really no word for that.

Basically if Eridan didn't have Feferi, he would've actually killed all the land dwellers. Or if Equius didn't have Nepeta, due to how STRONG he is and given how angry he gets at little things, he would've killed a lot of things. All the things. All of them. The moirail is there to make sure you don't take an acrobatic swan dive off the deep end.

BUT ANYWAY here guys have a fun:

http://dragcave.net/progeny/Svhq

Fluthlu is also one of the children of Glb'golyb and Oglogoth, though female. Because Fluthlu is the only zombie I ever revived from their children, which unfortunately means he'll have to be a she unless I can revive a male. >>

Because he was killed by Problem Sleuth.

Edited by Lythiaren

Guys.

We crashed Newgrounds. Within minutes of the update. That has to be a record.

Edit: I saw the flash. There are no words to describe what I'm feeling. O_O

Edited by St. Jimmy

It takes a few rewatches to understand the whole flash. I've lined up all the circumstantially simultaneous events... I think.

Most importantly, I paused it to read Gamzee's text.

Scratch was a liar. Never trust anyone who says they never lie.

Edited by Lythiaren

Watched the flash twice last night on a livestream...my brain is still trying to process everything XD

Downloaded the flash from the link on Hussie's Tumblr.

http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/ <--that's it, btw

edit: dkdfh smiley.

Edited by dragon_mando

Well, I found this recap of the most recent update.

Jade dies due to barbasol explosion (a consequence of John's wallet getting looted). Bec Noir places her on her quest bed, she ascends to Godtier, becoming her dream-self, who, due to her prototyping, is her sprite. She now has space bending powers (in keeping with her title), although it's unclear whether or not becoming a sprite has improved those powers. She flies away on a Prospit battleship, gathers up the battlefield and the 4 planets, and escapes through a 4th wall, thus fulfilling the task to save the denizens.

John successfully initiates the scratch, is a tremendous badass, and is then whisked away to safety by Jade.

Dave, Rose, and the bunny are on Derse's moon with the tumour liberated from John's wallet. The tumour, deployed, is actually a device that seems to mix the two universes together. They also find their quest beds. The deployed tumour is timed, and when time runs out, it detonates, killing Dave and Rose, resulting in their ascension, but it also creates the green sun - in both sessions simultaneously. This seems to be an anchor between the two sessions.

Bec Noir, angry at all of reality, destroys the kid's Bilious Slick and thus begins ending the universe. He also goes and hides inside a lotus flower in the frog temple. He arrives about ten seconds after the White King, apparently. All the exiles are slaughtered by Bec Noir after his arrival (save PM), including WV for his uranium, which Bec uses to power an appearifier into the Troll's session. This is how he managed to arrive in their session and slaughter them all.

Aradia and dream-Sollux are waiting for the green sun. Real-Sollux uses his eye-powers to launch the troll's asteroid towards the green sun. Bec Noir is distracted from killing them due to the arrival of PM, who is now wearing the queen's ring and is suitably powered up.

Doc Scratch, dead at the hands of Hussie, seems to have gotten the last laugh by misleading Rose about the tumour - it won't destroy the green sun, but create it. Cal may also be channeling Doc Scratch, and Gamzee seems to be under his influence. "Suckers" in Scratch's text from Gamzee.

Spades Slick kills Snowman.

:T Yeah, I colored it white because of spoilers.

EDIT: Also, Doc Scratch is starting to compete with Gamzee for my favorite character.

Edited by Icepelt

Watch it again (it's up on the site now) and pause during the Gamzee bit. There's more to it than simply seeing the one word from Scratch.

What I want to know now is what's on the other side of the yellow yard. D:

Edited by Lythiaren

I CAN'T STOP WATCHING IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Fine time for me to be working on my God Tier Aradia costume for Halloween; now I want to be dogtier!Jade. But the butterfly wing frames are done, and it was way too much work for me to just ditch them XP

Okay, well. I guess I should post my Gamzee cosplay here too. As embarrassing as it is.

user posted image

You're Gamzee. You're supposed to be embarassing.

And also completely terrifying.