TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

WHY Must December come so slowly!!! And then when it does come, EVERYONE will spam the site, checking their Magi's and Purples for sighns of Teleport and Fertility, and spam this thread with "WHY ISNT _______ HERE YET!!!" like posts.

Oh well, *crosses fingers for Teliport and new limits*

Lol

Only 3 days left, I hope...

I am not counting on getting any of these on Dec. 1 -- it would be nice, but I am not counting on it. cool.gif I would rather be happily surprised than disappointed.

S1 Freezing

Whatever stage you freeze in is where it stays

Existing frozen hatchlings will not be affected.

I may release a tool that lets people take existing "S1 frozen" hatchlings (which are accomplished merely by low views) and "convert" them to proper S1 frozens.

Are there any thoughts of making a tool (or make it automatic when this implemented) to make current s2 hatchlings that were frozen as s1's revert back to s1's as they should be? I tried to freeze a s1 Frill when we found out they were to be retired, it gendered and I wasn't able to get another egg before they were gone sad.gif Would be nice to have some hope that someday that hatchling could be the S1 it was supposed to be, and that my collection could be complete. I have several others that I tried to freeze and keep as s1's, but it was rarely successful, this one is just the only non-replaceable one (I also don't have a S1 bright pink, but I didn't try to get one either so that's ok)

Edited by MollyElizbeth

I totally need one of the Hollys because I don't have one.

In that case, I really hope for teleport as well, so maybe somebody could swape me one over biggrin.gif

So we will most likely be getting one or the other, otherwise TJ wouldn't have even said "may" on the new features. I don't see why TJ would disappoint people on purpose...then again I don't know him :/

It's the reason I keep looking at the news. I'm waiting for something else instead of the new features.

I don't mean to imply that TJ would disappoint people on purpose, I'm sure he wouldn't - and I don't know him at all. Maybe it's one of those cultural things whereby the emphasis on the word 'may' means slightly different things to Brits than it does to Americans?

What I took the 'may' to mean is something along the lines of 'The testing is going well on certain things and I'm cautiously optimistic that they will be ready for release in early December and that's when I'd like to release them. However, if testing suddenly goes hinky and throws up lots of problems then I won't be releasing them'.

He doesn't want to disappoint, hence the use of the 'may' to make people be more cautious and not to expect them.

But I certainly had no intention of implying or suggesting that TJ would deliberately disappoint, I was merely trying to suggest a wee bit of caution and not to expect anything.

I'd like it more if Teleport comes at (or after) Christmas so you can still make FFAs.

Without the Code-Trading these are useless, and maybe some nice persons make Holly FFAs!

I'd like it more if Teleport comes at (or after) Christmas so you can still make FFAs.

Without the Code-Trading these are useless, and maybe some nice persons make Holly FFAs!

FFAs will still be possible with teleport, they'll jusy work a bit differently. Instead of giving out the code and having everybody refresh, you'll just post the link (with or without warning) and whoever clicks it first gets it. The only issue with holiday dragons will be that you won't be able to FFA more than one egg from a clutch anymore (the others will go to the AP.)

This reminds me, I asked about it early in the thread, but I don't think anybody answered (or if they did, I missed it.) Has anything been said about whether or not we'll be able to teleport one holiday egg from a clutch if we already have two of that breed of dragon? I know last year we were able to hold on to bred Yulebuck eggs for an hour even if we had two Yulebucks already, but I don't know if that would count as a "held egg" and therefore be unteleportable or not. I'd really like to know this ahead of time, since there are people I'd like to give Yulebucks and Snow Angels to but I don't want to make promises I can't keep.

Edited by bionelly

If teleport is released, it may greatly impact the chances of obtaining a Holly without a gift...

I am not counting on getting any of these on Dec. 1 -- it would be nice, but I am not counting on it. cool.gif I would rather be happily surprised than disappointed.

Yup biggrin.gif My thoughts exactly

is there any news on how to get the number off eggs that will be needed with new scroll limits?

I mean DC will need more eggs right? Will Cave give more or will Multiclutches be enabled again?

is there any news on how to get the number off eggs that will be needed with new scroll limits?

I mean DC will need more eggs right? Will Cave give more or will Multiclutches be enabled again?

Or . . . . it may just go back to the way it was when I first joined, when there were frequent times that there were no eggs at all in either the cave or the AP. Egg drops were anticipated, much as they are now during new releases, and snatched up just about that quickly. There was not the constant supply of eggs that we have come to expect.

Or . . . . it may just go back to the way it was when I first joined, when there were frequent times that there were no eggs at all in either the cave or the AP. Egg drops were anticipated, much as they are now during new releases, and snatched up just about that quickly. There was not the constant supply of eggs that we have come to expect.

Honestly if that were true? I´d leave. Cause this is a game, and it´s certainly no fun waiting on the drops just to get nothing again on slow internet...

I remember those times... We also had to make an effort to post our eggs in forums and coms and it took me over an hour each day just to click on other people's eggs (and that is if I only clicked on 20 scrolls). No easy posting on sites with autorefresh for us. The game was more challenging and I loved it then. I still love it now, but those times were not bad either, just a different style.

Get off my lawn, young whippersnappers! tongue.gif

Well, the biomes mean more eggs will be dropped, and the AP has sort of a marketplace thing going. If it's empty a lot people may well breed things they don't want an others do. The ability to produce multiclutches gives TJ a lot of leeway, so he can tweak it if we don't adapt automatically. I think it will go pretty well.

Well, the AP is never in short supply of eggs, we can get those. This will help to prevent cave blocking. I don't think we'll have multiclutches: what if all the egg in excess will go all together in the AP, and others will keep to join them? Cave blocking all time, now there are too many users for enable multiclutches again.

This reminds me, I asked about it early in the thread, but I don't think anybody answered (or if they did, I missed it.)  Has anything been said about whether or not we'll be able to teleport one holiday egg from a clutch if we already have two of that breed of dragon?  I know last year we were able to hold on to bred Yulebuck eggs for an hour even if we had two Yulebucks already, but I don't know if that would count as a "held egg" and therefore be unteleportable or not.  I'd really like to know this ahead of time, since there are people I'd like to give Yulebucks and Snow Angels to but I don't want to make promises I can't keep.

EEEEEK!

?????

Edit: *has Valentine's promise already made to very nice person, never mind Christmas dragons...*

Edited by Syphoneira

Can't wait until these features go live. I knew having a little silver badge was going to come in handy one day!

This reminds me, I asked about it early in the thread, but I don't think anybody answered (or if they did, I missed it.)  Has anything been said about whether or not we'll be able to teleport one holiday egg from a clutch if we already have two of that breed of dragon?  I know last year we were able to hold on to bred Yulebuck eggs for an hour even if we had two Yulebucks already, but I don't know if that would count as a "held egg" and therefore be unteleportable or not.  I'd really like to know this ahead of time, since there are people I'd like to give Yulebucks and Snow Angels to but I don't want to make promises I can't keep.

If someone ( TJ) answered that now ,we would know that teleport will be implemented by the Holiday, SOOOO I doubt that that question will be answered until either Teleport is implemented or TJ give us the "rules of engagement "for The Holiday season.

I doubt that the original announcement would have been made if none of the features were close to ready. But then TJ likes to hint, the resulting speculation keeps us busy and out of his hair:P

But I do expect something to be implemented before the say 16th? ( a self made target date to help me remain sane dry.gif )( increase limits please )

Edited by dragonpuck

This reminds me, I asked about it early in the thread, but I don't think anybody answered (or if they did, I missed it.) Has anything been said about whether or not we'll be able to teleport one holiday egg from a clutch if we already have two of that breed of dragon? I know last year we were able to hold on to bred Yulebuck eggs for an hour even if we had two Yulebucks already, but I don't know if that would count as a "held egg" and therefore be unteleportable or not. I'd really like to know this ahead of time, since there are people I'd like to give Yulebucks and Snow Angels to but I don't want to make promises I can't keep.

I don't think there's been any word on this.

Also, any ideas how cave blocking will work? Surely one AP wouldn't block all the biomes?

I don't think there's been any word on this.

Also, any ideas how cave blocking will work? Surely one AP wouldn't block all the biomes?

Why it should block only one biome? If the AP will stay the same (only one, not one for every biome) it will block everything.

This is great news! Thanks a ton, TJ! c:

I'm especially excited about Rare x Rare breeding and the biomes! :D

Oh yeah, about the biomes...

So will all the biome eggs be CB or will the biomes be more like multiple APs?

If that question was answered a few posts before this, forgive me, I'm too lazy to read the previous posts, haha. XD

Edited by Yoru

This is great news! Thanks a ton, TJ! c:

I'm especially excited about Rare x Rare breeding and the biomes! biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, about the biomes...

So will all the biome eggs be CB or will the biomes be more like multiple APs?

If that question was answered a few posts before this, forgive me, I'm too lazy to read the previous posts, haha. xd.png

CB, of course.

I would wonder if the biomes would function like the AP-