TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I just reread. Seems no cool down listed for Teleport. Heck yes! <3

*dies* Every single one of those things sounds epic awesome. Every. One.

Can't wait to see them start to get implemented. Thanks so much for the sneak peek at what's goin' on behind the scenes!

*so excited*

Thanks for the news TJ!

This is all awesome, I can't wait for it to be implemented.

Yes, but other players will do so, so it's the promotion of collect 'em all style, and a new tendency. All for that: scroll pages, new limits, bonus for trophy. So, it will dictate the style in some way.

If the Teleport would be implemented before Christmas, I doubt I would breed my Holly. Well, I will, of course, cause I have ious, - but never again. Because I want those eggs to go to the certain people I want. Because I want to make Christmas gifts, not random charity. And I already don't loose stuff in trade, but now:

a) I'm forced to have magis, and many magis, cause I trade a lot;

cool.gif you're wrong, if you think people with no rares will be able to get them. AP would be empty, and you wouldn't ever have a chance to catch a low-gen gold just because you're lucky;

c) with all the holidays' multiclutches it will be impossible to gift certain people; either breed for charity, or don't breed at all.

It is up to you if you breed your dragons, random charity isn't a bad thing.

b.) Not true, I and many others breed rares and abandon them regularly.

Teleport as with any new change will bring some bad with the good. It is all in how you decide to adapt to the changes.

I just reread. Seems no cool down listed for Teleport. Heck yes! <3

I thought TJ said 2 days in the IRC?

;_; Gotta get more dragons. Abandoned some misnamed adults before remembering about the rename update-to-come. Darnit! /hits self in face

It is up to you if you breed your dragons, random charity isn't a bad thing.

b.) Not true, I and many others breed rares and abandon them regularly.

Teleport as with any new change will bring some bad with the good. It is all in how you decide to adapt to the changes.

Well, I don't instigate to riot tongue.gif

Random charity is one thing, and Christmas gifts to certain people is another, and they don't necessary go together. One can give coins to poor, but wouldn't give them Christmas gifts prepared for parents and beloved.

I breed and abandon rares, too. But. There're not so many members who drop really valuable things (like cb blacks, trios and metallics, 2nd gen golds or silver). Such things are often set for trades, and newbie without rares has nothing to trade for it. Now, they have a chance to catch stuff in AP, but after features release the will be able to catch only things that you will drop (like more and messy lineaged metallics).

Of course, we need to adapt, and any thoughts about new features might be wrong, cause we haven't seen them at work yet, and we can't decide whether we like them or not, without actually trying. smile.gif

Edited by Outer Space

Thanks for the preview TJ!

OMG! This is completely awesome! Can't wait for the new features to come into effect!

Okay, I can't say that I'm happy with everything on that list, but most of it has me dripping with joy and impatience. biggrin.gif

Looks like DC is getting a major face lift! laugh.gif

Not sure this has been asked before yet..but...

What happens if you use Fertility on a Gold, then breed it to another Gold....?

I realy like all of these,only thing i REALY don't like is teleporting.What's gonna be fun about trading then?

This is amazing! I can't wait until these new features begin!!! smile.gif Thank You TJ for all your hard work and making us happy! biggrin.gif I have one question tho.

What does this mean exactly?

Locations

Eggs split up into different biomes

Fewer people viewing each biome means fewer people vying for each individual egg.

Want a water-based dragon? Chances are you'll find them near the beach. Tropical dragons? In a jungle.

Rares will show up in all biomes

And when he says gold/silver/bronze badges does he mean trophys?

The limits like 7eggs/21total is that how may egg/hatchlings we can have on our page at one time?

sorry if these questions sound dumb im just wondering smile.gif

I realy like all of these,only thing i REALY don't like is teleporting.What's gonna be fun about trading then?

For me, the only time Trading/Gifting is fun, is when the egg/hatchling actually reaches its destination.

My sister has a lot of trouble catching some eggs, so when I caught 3 blue ridgewing eggs I didn't want I tried to gift 1 to her. I sent her all 3 eggs, and they all got lost. I would have dropped the other 2 to the AP anyway, but I really wanted 1 to reach her. That would have been fun for me.

Cool! this makes up for not being able to get a hallween dragon. xd.png

Not shore if i should have been made or happy about it this makes up for it.

Thanks cool! ninja.gifxd.pnglaugh.gif

Teleport -> Not needed. We can trade already. If you implement teleport, there'll be no rare eggs in the AP anymore.

Rare x Rare breeding -> Rares will become common

Vampire lineage -> Is this really needed?

More eggs if you have a trophy -> unfair to new users. Four eggs is OK.

Anything else seems useful.

1. AP trading is actually a glitch, and TJ's been meaning to get rid of it for a while now. This does not mean there will be no rares in the AP. This simply means any rare you grab is not going to be posted in LiT, and you can keep it without feeling guilty. Plenty of people will still breed their rares, and some people might even be generous enough to drop valuable eggs. But if you really want low-gen golds/blacks/what have you? Get involved with a lineage, or maybe go to the Giving Tree, I'm sure your chances of getting from there will be much higher since people no longer need to worry about trade sniping.

2. No, they'll be as rare as they've always been. Breeding a rare to a rare means fewer excess commons from rare breedings, not that every time you breed a gold and silver, you'll get one. Remember, there's always the no eggs thing.

3. It's a nice little addition. -shrug-

4. It will encourage new users to be more active and earn their trophies. And before this, it was 'people with a ton of rares are unfair to new users, let's make a cap!' and before that... well, I don't know, but it was something. There will ALWAYS be aspects of this game that are slightly unfair to the newbies, but it's not like real life is any less unfair. You either do your best and go along, or give up and leave.

And what's all the 'Holiday/events will become impossible to get'? Unless you all can read stuff in ultraviolet light that I missed, the limit of two for Christmas/Valentine's day will stay, and all excess ones get booted to the AP. Halloween might get a little crazy, but Halloween is also about getting as much as you can, and I'm sure numbers will be tweaked to keep it fair.

Have a little faith, people!

This is amazing! I can't wait until these new features begin!!! smile.gif Thank You TJ for all your hard work and making us happy! biggrin.gif I have one question tho.

Locations

Fewer people viewing each biome means fewer people vying for each individual egg.

Want a water-based dragon? Chances are you'll find them near the beach. Tropical dragons? In a jungle.

The limits like 7eggs/21total is that how may egg/hatchlings we can have on our page at one time?

No worries; it's a lot of info and everyone has questions. happy.gif

Biomes- It will be like having multiple pages like the main Cave. Only certain groups of dragons will be available in each one, depending on where that dragon would live. For example you would have to go to an ocean page to pick up a water, deepsea, waverunner, etc. and a volcano page to grab a hellfire, spitfire, or magma. (These are just guesses for the sake of illustration.) Looks like rares like golds/silvers/etc will show up on all of these new pages instead of being put in a specific area.

Yes, badges = the trophies at the top of your scroll.

And he means that you can have up to 21 growing dragons ( total eggs and hatchlings) on your scroll at one time, but only 7 of them can be eggs. So in the new system having 7 eggs or having 21 total eggs and hatchlings will prevent you from getting more eggs/hatchlings.

Hope that helps. happy.gif

Edited by TieDyeOblivion

Locations

The limits like 7 eggs/21 total is that how may egg/hatchlings we can have on our page at one time?

Locations:

I believe TJ means that there will be different cave areas; desert, beach, jungle, or whatever for catching different breeds of dragons, and rares will appear in all of them. I wonder whether they will be different sections of the cave page, or he will add cave pages for them.

Yes gold/silver/bronze badges means the trophies we get for number of dragons on our scrolls.

Yes, I do believe 7 eggs/21 total is how many eggs/hatchlings we can have at one time. Catch 7 eggs, incubate, in 2 days have 7 hatchlings, catch 7 more eggs, incubate, in 2 more days have 14 hatchlings, catch 7 eggs=21. At this point, hatchlings should start growing up before we catch more, I think.

We will know for sure when all this is implemented.

Boy, the mentors have a bunch of new information to try to teach, and the moderators will be busy rewriting the FAQs, guides, and stuff.

Edit: because I don't proofread before posting.

Edited by raindear

I breed and abandon rares, too. But. There're not so many members who drop really valuable things (like cb blacks, trios and metallics, 2nd gen golds or silver). Such things are often set for trades, and newbie without rares has nothing to trade for it. Now, they have a chance to catch stuff in AP, but after features release the will be able to catch only things that you will drop (like more and messy lineaged metallics).

But, in all honesty, newbies will love that messy metallic, if it is their first. My first gold and silver both have messy lineages, and I wouldn't trade them for the world! Newbies aren't really picky when it comes to rares. ;D