TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Old Rare x Rare breeders will have al the rights to complain. A lot of old lineage projects make no sense anymore.

Also, giving us so big limit for eggs/hatchies along with the scroll pages promotes the collecting style like "you should get as many of them, as you can", this is the only reason I can think about with the new limit.

Yes, this did upset me a bit, because I really love my RarexRare dragons, but I guess I'll adapt unsure.gif

It's up to you to utilise the new slots though, I'm just excited because it'll make juggling breeding projects so much easier, and alt lotto.

Current cases of Rare x Rare were glitches, or very old pairs, and those cases were valuable, because they're unique. People used them in lineages like a cool stuff, there were special projects to mix all Rare x Rare offspring, as all cases were known. Now they're of no value anymore.

Lol, when I read the announcement I have to admit one of my first thoughts was... my lineages just got devalued ._.;;

But in all honesty, I think it's probably worth it to have PB Silver lineages and to have Sweetlings with Frill parents. *is considering doing that next February*

Question: Will Geodes still refuse Holidays?

YAY!! Sounds all sooooo great, I can`t wait for all these things to be implemented (now I cannot go to bed and sleep cause I am too excited - so all the poor people having to work with me this afternoon will have a really bad time...)

I just had a thought -- I am probably a little slow, but there you are. wink.gif

With the greater number of scroll spaces for growing dragons, that means a greater demand for eggs. Right? So does that mean that breeding success will improve? Or only if we happen to have tons of purple dragons whose fertility BSA can be used?

I'm hoping more scroll spaces mean more eggs in the cave, but it makes sense that fertility would generally rise as well. Of course, I have no rares, or Purples, for that matter, so I will not immediately see the effects of those additions, except in what I hope to find in the caves, or "biomes." smile.gif

I'll undoubtedly still find a way to remain scroll-locked! laugh.gif

I can't wait for this one.

No more lost dragons at all. ohmy.gifxd.png

Teleport

Magi BSA provides 2-way trading or 1-way transferring

Up to four eggs/hatchlings at a time

Oh my god 7 eggs! I can't wait for that feature! *_*

-squees happily-

I still don't like Teleport, but meh... Guess I'll have to live with it. I'll be sure to try my CB Silver couple now that rarexrare is available again though. I guess that means that Holly-sniping will be impossible as well, which is a good thing.

Question - will Teleported eggs and hatchies gain a day as well, or not?

Edited by Trope

This is quite a lot to expect in the future. blink.gif

Egg/Hatchling Limits

Sweetness, moar dragons to take care of.

Fertility and Teleport

I've been expecting these ever since it was mentioned.

Locations

Interesting, wonder how this will work out.

Rare x Rare breeding

Not much to say here seeing that I don't do any rare x rare breeding.

Refusals in breeding list

This one will seem useful. Won't be able to make the same mistake twice. tongue.gif

Renaming

Yay, I will soon finally rename my Dragons. Been wanting for it ever since.

S1 Freezing

Meh, not much to say. I don't do hatchling freezing much.

Scroll Pages

Finally some control over my cluttered Dragons in a single page. It was getting difficult for me to keep track of my generations with the growing numbers of my Dragons.

Vampire Lineages

Been wanting to see which Eggs/Dragons fell victim to my Vampires. tongue.gif

All and all, it will be an exciting year to look forward to in DragCave.

PS: No feature preview on this years December event?

Wooohoooo!!!! laugh.gif

That's so cool... I can't wait

Thank you sooo much!

I hope the rarexrare breeding will reduce the amount of commons that get booted to the AP because they were the wrong egg. smile.gif

With the greater number of scroll spaces for growing dragons, that means a greater demand for eggs. Right? So does that mean that breeding success will improve? Or only if we happen to have tons of purple dragons whose fertility BSA can be used?

I don't see why it's necessary to increase breeding success. I have hundreds of pairs that I never breed, so if the cap is raised I'll probably just breed some of them; most likely I'll just pick up more CB eggs.

Eggs split up into different biomes

Fewer people viewing each biome means fewer people vying for each individual egg.

Want a water-based dragon? Chances are you'll find them near the beach. Tropical dragons? In a jungle.

Rares will show up in all biomes.

I have a question. What about the nebula dragons? Will they appear in space biome blink.gif

I have a question. What about the nebula dragons? Will they appear in space biome blink.gif

Nebulas don't live in space, lol, they just like looking at the stars.

WOW! Sounds like a truly awesome set of updates! It also sounds like a lot of work. Thank you, TJ, and whoever else is working their butt off to bring us all of these. smile.gif

Like all of these... except one.

If the Vampire lineage takes place, I guess I'll have to release mine. I only deal with CBs. sad.gif

I like them the way they are. Oh well. No Vamps, then.

Also: I take it that Frills will remain infertile?

Edited by FeralToki

Nebulas don't live in space, lol, they just like looking at the stars.

Ya, ok... but where they could be find?

In the twilight zone? xd.png

Honestly I have troubles understanding the first point o.o

It means that the original Vamp I caught from the AP will have a lineage attached to it now, a Vampire one. I don't want that. I want clean dragons with no one else's name attached to them.

So I'll have to release them, since they no longer fit the way I play.

It means that the original Vamp I caught from the AP will have a lineage attached to it now, a Vampire one. I don't want that. I want clean dragons with no one else's name attached to them.

So I'll have to release them, since they no longer fit the way I play.

No I meant the part about hatchies and eggs...

Like all of these... except one.

If the Vampire lineage takes place, I guess I'll have to release mine. I only deal with CBs. sad.gif

I like them the way they are. Oh well. No Vamps, then.

Also: I take it that Frills will remain infertile?

They will still have their birth lineage showing that they are CB, but they will have an additional bite lineage showing their vamp sire. The bite lineage does not replace the existing lineage.

And yes, Frills are permanently infertile, unless by some miracle Lyth changes her mind about them.

And yes, Frills are permanently infertile, unless by some miracle Lyth changes her mind about them.

but wouldn´t they fall into the rare x rare category?