TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

has anything been mentioned about any down time in the cave? i think if we have "pages" implemented, it would mean down time.

I'm going to assume that these changes are not happening tonight...

I really doubt it. I wouldn't think of it as literal when he says today. He gave the time frame of the weekend, so it could be any day. That and it's 2am in this time zone so he's probably sleeping.

I really doubt it. I wouldn't think of it as literal when he says today. He gave the time frame of the weekend, so it could be any day. That and it's 2am in this time zone so he's probably sleeping.

o-o It's only one his time. Why on earth wouldn't he be up? That being said, I wouldn't really call Thursday night/Friday morning "the weekend", but that's just me.

Being as I work Saturday through Wednesday and I am OFF on Thursday and Friday I call them my weekend. As for only 1 am maybe there are other things he has to do in REAL LIFE besides cater to a bunch of I wants....

Good night it's only 12:24 and I am going to bed. Some people do have other things to do you know.

No, it's not certain anything will go live on the 10th. TJ only said should be arriving from the 10th to the 12th.

ah, thank you ^-^

o-o It's only one his time. Why on earth wouldn't he be up? That being said, I wouldn't really call Thursday night/Friday morning "the weekend", but that's just me.

I would be amazed if anything happened before this evening, since Friday evening in my mind is the beginning of the weekend.

This may already have been addressed, in which case I apologise in advance. However, going back through 163 pages is a daunting task.

When TJ says it won't be possible to breed holiday x holiday, will that apply to Halloween dragons ?

I know it was possible to breed Pumpkin x Pumpkin during the Halloween period this year, will this not be the case next year? And will we not be able to breed Black Marrow x Black Marrow?

Thank you in advance and again apologies if it has already been answered.

TJ hasn't specifically said, but I don't believe the Pumpkin x Pumpkin this year was limited to just this year, as when I asked TJ specifically if they could breed that way his answer was that there was nothing that marked Pumpkins as rare. There is for Christmas and Valentines dragons. Thus the 2 per scroll limit, so I'm going to guess that, as we can collect as many Halloween dragons as we can, they will breed with each other on Halloween. The only way I know for sure though, is to try it next Halloween.

TJ hasn't specifically said, but I don't believe the Pumpkin x Pumpkin this year was limited to just this year, as when I asked TJ specifically if they could breed that way his answer was that there was nothing that marked Pumpkins as rare. There is for Christmas and Valentines dragons. Thus the 2 per scroll limit, so I'm going to guess that, as we can collect as many Halloween dragons as we can, they will breed with each other on Halloween. The only way I know for sure though, is to try it next Halloween.

Thank you very much.

No new news yet? * sighs*

want to rename --- my fingers are itching!

and OT

TJ has a new "Holiday " avatar biggrin.gif

I'm really wanting to sort my darlings. I have lots of ideas flowing threw my head. Renameing is good too. I'll finally be able to fix my gender confused ones biggrin.gif

WB

Hmmmm, according to the Timeline, they'll be activated either tomorrow or sunday... can't wait for scroll pages, I want to sort a family page and then a "one of each" page, along with my project pages (inbred nebulais and vampire)

Hmmmm, according to the Timeline, they'll be activated either tomorrow or sunday... can't wait for scroll pages, I want to sort a family page and then a "one of each" page, along with my project pages (inbred nebulais and vampire)

I may be wrong on this ,but as I understand it , the pages will have a set number

say 50 and they will show for you 50 dragons on each page in the order sorted on your scroll and any scroll you view

I don't think you will be able to put a different amount on each page- so a separate page for each project is probably not going to be possible sad.gif

I would like that as well, but this change is just to allow scrolls to load faster on slower computers ,since the viewer will not have to load the whole scroll all at once

I may be wrong on this ,but as I understand it , the pages will have a set number

say 50 and they will show for you 50 dragons on each page in the order sorted on your scroll and any scroll you view

I don't think you will be able to put a different amount on each page- so a separate page for each project is probably not going to be possible sad.gif

I would like that as well, but this change is just to allow scrolls to load faster on slower computers ,since the viewer will not have to load the whole scroll all at once

If that's the case, I hope there will be a default for people who aren't logged in?

Otherwise they still see the massive lists of dragons.

And even if it would work for you (if you happen to have equal numbers for each page you want to create unsure.gif ), that wouldn't mean it would work for others viewing your scroll, as the number they set in their account setting will also apply to other scrolls they view.

TJ said on the front page, that the time line was Dec 10-12, that makes it today thru Sunday.

I want the renaming, as I've messed up on several names, because of gender

user posted image

Surprised to see nothing implemented after I came home. ._.

I want renaming too. It'll give me a weekend project to rename all my lamely-named dragons.

It's only Friday and not quite suppertime in his timezone...I'm sure TJ's still busy with the day. Though I'll admit I'm getting anxious too. We've still got hours left in today and two more days of weekend after this--hope they come sooner than Sunday night though, because I'll be busy for sure then and won't see it

Yup, hold your horses, people x3 It's just friday.

And maybe something is coming just MONDAY - who knows?

Waiting is hard, I know. But if you expect too much today, you will just be disappointed if nothing happens.

I'm so excited for biomes especially!

I would never rename any of my babies, no matter how crappy their names are. I'm just so used to them.

Does anyone know when the BSA's will be released?

I really REALLY want the egg limits to come in before Christmas. It'd be great being able to get 2 Yulebucks, 2 snow angels, a Holly AND 2 new eggs without having to strategically incubate and fog eggs. smile.gif