TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

can someone explain egg/hatchling limits to me? I mean.. can I seriously have 14 hatchlings AND 7 eggs at a gold trophy? someone pinch me!

Egg/Hatchling Limits

•Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total

OK, follow this scenario..

1. blank scroll

2. catch/breed 7 eggs

3. 7 eggs hatch... now 0 eggs/7 hatchlings

4. catch/breed 7 eggs... now 7 eggs/7 hatchlings

Can I still hunt hatchlings at this point?

Locations

•Eggs split up into different biomes

•Fewer people viewing each biome means fewer people vying for each individual egg.

•Want a water-based dragon? Chances are you'll find them near the beach. Tropical dragons? In a jungle.

•Rares will show up in all biomes.

Does this mean... No more cave blocking?

If the AP is full, will the biomes still be dropping eggs?

Teleport

•Magi BSA provides 2-way trading or 1-way transferring

•Up to four eggs/hatchlings at a time

I'm glad we'll have 'official' trading, but I still HATE that it will be dependent on a particular dragon. You are FORCEING me to collect more magis than I want, if I want to continue playing the game the way I do now. Trading should not depend on a dragon, it should be a separate game function.

How will this affect Holiday multi-clutches?

S1 Freezing

•Whatever stage you freeze in is where it stays

•Existing frozen hatchlings will not be affected.

•I may release a tool that lets people take existing "S1 frozen" hatchlings (which are accomplished merely by low views) and "convert" them to proper S1 frozens.

Will this affect the catch limit on Holiday dragons? (excluding Halloween releases)

OK, follow this scenario..

1. blank scroll

2. catch/breed 7 eggs

3. 7 eggs hatch... now 0 eggs/7 hatchlings

4. catch/breed 7 eggs... now 7 eggs/7 hatchlings

Can I still hunt hatchlings at this point?

Does this mean... No more cave blocking?

If the AP is full, will the biomes still be dropping eggs?

I'm glad we'll have 'official' trading, but I still HATE that it will be dependent on a particular dragon. You are FORCEING me to collect more magis than I want, if I want to continue playing the game the way I do now. Trading should not depend on a dragon, it should be a separate game function.

How will this affect Holiday multi-clutches?

Will this affect the catch limit on Holiday dragons? (excluding Halloween releases)

First scenario - no. But if you had 6 eggs/7 hatchlings, you could.

I would assume the AP will still be up and able to block the biomes, but I'm not sure exactly how it's set up. I suppose I could see what I can do to test it in a bit.

TJ's already said he doesn't want a trading system that's not a BSA. He's not forcing you to do anything. You wanting to trade is forcing you to do that. With a two day cooldown, you won't need to collect that many.

What do you mean how will it affect holiday multi-clutches?

I haven't heard anything about the holiday dragon limit being changed.

When I read the modification of the limits on eggs, my heart stopped beating for a moment O_O

And when I read the rest, I died.

Is it ok if I want to hug you right now? >> *is really happy*

What do you mean how will it affect holiday multi-clutches?

I haven't heard anything about the holiday dragon limit being changed.

As in, will it be possible to gift eggs from holiday multi clutches to people since ap trading will be no more when teleport starts?

Oh my god, this is amazing. I have recently become less active on Dragon Cave lately because I got tired of the monotony of the gameplay and the difficulty of obtaining eggs, but this should change all of that for me! It really is a dream come true. Thank you TJ!

As in, will it be possible to gift eggs from holiday multi clutches to people since ap trading will be no more when teleport starts?

Ah. You'll be able to gift one, but your friends will have to have quick reflexes trying to get the others from the AP.

OH, WOW! I will be able to fix my naming mistakes! YAY.

Teleport is coming, Teleport is coming, Teleport is coming.

When? When? When?

Oh, please tell us when!?!

Ah. You'll be able to gift one, but your friends will have to have quick reflexes trying to get the others from the AP.

And high-speed internet and new, fast puters that can even see them, lol.

I dunno, it says it's unlimited. = /

Maybe some sort of cool-down, that would be nice.

This is VERY exciting. Thank you! I'm especially looking forward to fertility, teleport, and the separate biomes, though it may make some trouble because of promised holiday breedings. Any idea of when these will come into play?

Am I the only person who checked her magis and purples, just in case, you know?

Soooo glad to hear this. This will give the people who aren't friends with any holly breeders a fairer shot at getting eggs.

Soooo glad to hear this. This will give the people who aren't friends with any holly breeders a fairer shot at getting eggs.

Only those with very fast connections. It effectively destroys any chance that I ever had of getting a Holly. *sigh* Not that I am really friends with any Holly breeders anyway, but I can make friends easier than I can catch stuff off the AP! laugh.gif

Am I the only person who checked her magis and purples, just in case, you know?

I checked my Purple! Hahaha.

Actually, couldn't those with multi clutches do something similar to the rare egg/hatchling departure board? Since they can see the codes for the eggs, they can put in which ones they're not going to keep and say when they're planning to Teleport, which should drop the others.

And actually...what if someone gets 4 eggs from a holiday dragon (say, their only one), wants to keep one (so they'll have a second), Teleport one, and drop 2? How might that work?

Only those with very fast connections. It effectively destroys any chance that I ever had of getting a Holly. *sigh* Not that I am really friends with any Holly breeders anyway, but I can make friends easier than I can catch stuff off the AP! laugh.gif

Well, if you can make friends with a holly breeder you're good to go anyway... they'll still be able to gift one egg from each of their hollies. :-) It's only the multiclutch gifting that TJ's putting a stop to, if I'm understanding it correctly.

Amazing! biggrin.gif

Really can't wait for these.

I also like the renaming one, that's one of the things that stopped me naming mine that I couldn't change it if I didn't like it later smile.gif

Well, if you can make friends with a holly breeder you're good to go anyway... they'll still be able to gift one egg from each of their hollies. :-) It's only the multiclutch gifting that TJ's putting a stop to, if I'm understanding it correctly.

Yeah, but I'll never be their best friend! laugh.gif

It is ok. I never really expected to get a holly anyway.

Connection speed isn't everything...it's a factor, but it's not the only factor. Determination, focusing doggedly on your goal, and refusing to give up play a bigger role, IMO.

Case in point--me. I caught 23 black marrows this year (not including the ones I caught for other people--only including the ones that are on my scroll currently). But yet, here are the results from my internet speed test:

user posted image

Those numbers are abysmal. My connection speed is probably poorer than the majority of DC users. If connection speed was everything, there's no way someone like me could have caught 23 black marrows. But I did--and I'm confident I can catch a Holly too, if only I get a chance to click on some that don't already have predetermined destinations. Disabling the ability to target held multi-clutch eggs will give people like me a fighting chance to get Hollies.

Besides, getting rare dragons shouldn't be about "who you know." It should be about how determined you are. I don't have an issue with people being able to gift one egg per clutch...but being able to gift all of them? When there are so many other good people who deserve Hollies too and who want them just as badly? It seems wrong to me.

Edited by Renorei