TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

If one uses "fertility", does it alter the risk of the dreaded refuse?

No, if two dragons doesn't like each other nothing can fix this. Refusals are permanent.

No, if two dragons doesn't like each other nothing can fix this. Refusals are permanent.

But if you use it BEFORE there has ever been a refusal, does the risk of a refusal reduce ? I think that's what was asked.

Or is that built in and ready to roll no matter what !

Vampire Lineages

Vampire eggs (and up) show what dragon bit them.

Vampire dragons show what eggs they have bitten.

Existing lineage is unaffected.

Does the part in red mean that Vampire bite records from before the change are unavailable and will not appear, or does it mean that bred vampires will still keep their bred lineages (and cbs appear as cbs) but all vampires will show all dragons they have bitten (and who they were bitten by) all the way back to when the BSA was first implemented?

As I understood this, Vampires from before the change won't show who bit them or which eggs they have bitten before. After the change they will start to record this information.

As far as I know, this doesn't affect the "normal" lineage (the dragon's ancestors) at all.

Edited by TanzendeFee

Yes - as I understand it - the data wasn't kept in the past, so until the change is implemented - the information simply does not exist.

Yes - as I understand it - the data wasn't kept in the past, so until the change is implemented - the information simply does not exist.

That's how I read it too, the first time.

But seeing how some people are taking it differently, I'm not sure.

I do know that originally it was stated that using the vampire bite lineages would remove the bred lineages, and now it won't, hence the last line - but the way it's written it sounds like it might go back and add all past data as well.

I am aware that all vampires will maintain their bred lineages, and that portion is not in question.

The Cave doesn't keep this data until now (or rather until the change) so there is no way it can be added.

But if you use it BEFORE there has ever been a refusal, does the risk of a refusal reduce ? I think that's what was asked.

Or is that built in and ready to roll no matter what !

That's what I was wondering. I know that once they refuse they will never breed, but does the fertility BSA reduce the risk of a refusal?

That's what I was wondering. I know that once they refuse they will never breed, but does the fertility BSA reduce the risk of a refusal?

That's a good point.

I guess if no egg/no interest/Refusal are all on the same 'roll of the dice', it may possibly have some effect,

but on the other hand,

there are also complex calculations going on regarding different egg types, so that they will still be produced in accordance with the ratios, rather than increased chances of particular uncommon/rare eggs,

so that if Refusals are on a separate 'dice roll', as they may very well be, it wouldn't.

Something else to keep me up nights wondering... laugh.gif

Question for pondering! While Fertility is being discussed...

Think it will work on a normalXholiday pair? For example - my pink is paired with my marrow, so I don't get any unwanted eggs. Think Fertility will still up the chances of a successful breeding there? Since there is only one possible egg outcome, it would technically increase the "likelihood of getting a certain egg".

Question for pondering! While Fertility is being discussed...

Think it will work on a normalXholiday pair? For example - my pink is paired with my marrow, so I don't get any unwanted eggs. Think Fertility will still up the chances of a successful breeding there? Since there is only one possible egg outcome, it would technically increase the "likelihood of getting a certain egg".

Good point.... *plots*

Look at TJ`s first post the updates are:

Timeframe: Renaming, S1 Freezing, Scroll Pages, and Vampire Lineages should be arriving this weekend, December 10-12.

I didn't even see that. xd.png I just had to go look, and i was like "Whaaaat?"

Egg/Hatchling Limits

Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

With a bronze badge, the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total

Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total

Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total

I have a question about the line colored in orange. Does that apply to all of the new limits, bronze, silver, and gold badge status?

Edited by Kanakha

I have a question about the line colored in orange. Does that apply to all of the new limits, bronze, silver, and gold badge status?

Yes, that part does.

Only the numbers change.

W00t, I can't wait, even if it's not sure if we're getting some of the new features tomorrow or in three days tongue.gif

Shoot, that's right, the 10th is tomorrow!

/keeps thinking it refers to the weekend

Gah, the suspense! I hope it's later, actually - working on getting unlineaged Vamps at the moment. I like mine plain.

I can't wait for renaming! One of my dragons accidently dropped a capital letter on it's name and it's been bugging me ever since!

And I can re-name all the Dorkfaces I named wrong too smile.gif

I can't wait for renaming! One of my dragons accidently dropped a capital letter on it's name and it's been bugging me ever since!

And I can re-name all the Dorkfaces I named wrong too smile.gif

Hah, thanks for reminding me about the Dorkface thing, I have at least one that needs to have the name fixed. xd.png

Can't wait for tomorrow~

It's the 10th Tomorrow btw, I wonder what changes will be implanted.

*IF* Any changes get implanted

I kind of don't really get the biomes.... If it's a dragon 'cave', why would we change it to forests and sea?

Well, there can be seaside caves, as well as caves in forests/deserts/mountains, etc. I think it will just be caves in different areas.

I kind of don't really get the biomes.... If it's a dragon 'cave', why would we change it to forests and sea?

We're not leaving the cave, just expanding upon it.

Think about how many dragons we have now, and that they're being added regularly. There are breeds now that are hard to find in only one cramped cave. Think about when we have fifty - or even twenty or ten - more dragons all cramped into the same cave already full of dragons. Biomes is just trying to help this problem. Keeping commons common and making eggs easier to find. :3

So wait a second. The higher rank badge you have the more your grabbing limit? I thought it would be the other way around so people with no badges would be able to get a badge by getting more dragons by having a higher grabbing limit.