TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I was curious how many of the rest of us are doing similar prep work for the new features.

I'm a member of this club, lol!! I have more renaming to do then I realized!

Gods I'm tired! Studying for, and writing four exams this week and two next week - but after that I will have lots of free time to play with Dragon Cave!

Guh, typical, I'm not here this weekend but I'm still very excited for the changes biggrin.gif I named something wrong the other day and instead of releasing it I can wait until renaming comes out, yay!

Can someone give me a list of what is already incorporated?

nothing has been put into play yet.

I'm rather attached to my dragons' names and the S1 freeze actually saddens me a little since now I'll have to hang onto hatchies longer to get them gendered before freezing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I don't want to have to hang on to hatchlings longer than I have to...but I'm sure I'll adapt. I guess I could cram a day old hatchling into every fan site and hope it genders sooner. I will have to experiment with that once it comes out. I always freeze my cheese hatchlings as S2s, so they're going to be a pain. Dinos get the S1 freeze and that will actually help them since I won't have to fog the egg once I get it and ER it once it's down to two days. So I guess there's some good and some bad to deal with. It would be nice to have a "freeze" or a "deep freeze" option but I guess that would only confuse people ._.

On a personal note, I've been sorting my dragons for renaming, getting ready. A large number of them are going to be renamed because they are eligible for The Fifth Element lineage. Also, I'd tried out a naming scheme that I decided I didn't care for, so all the ones named that way are getting their names adjusted. Actually, I tried out two or three naming schemes that will be adjusted, or just plain changed, so a large number of my 600-something dragons are going to eventually be renamed. /headache.

I glad I get the chance to make these adjustments, though for awhile it's going to be a major undertaking. *opens multiple spreadsheets and google docs* *sharpens pencils*

*bangs head against the wall*

600! blink.gif

an' you got a bunch to rename!? my sympathies. i only have 410.

most of mine are adding in the dorkface suffix, adding spaces when i didn't notice there was supposed to be one, be more creative with my daydream dragon's names,things like that. and possibly change one female's name so when translated no longer means 'Fin fin'. but that actually amuses me so i may not change that one.

My naming scheme is (generally) (single English word) (complex breed suffix), like Rebirth of the Abandoned Child (Neglected), Angel of Mercy's Avatar (Pale Pink), or Sweet of Mercy's Avatar (Pale Pink). I was thinking that I could rename the dragon where I messed up the breed suffix (Sable of Midnight, instead of Sable of Midnight's Toll). But there are a couple of dragons which I named with the same given name, so I'll be able to fix them too.

Thankfully, I won't have too many changes to make, but I AM glad that I'll be able to fix the ones I messed up on (and any I mess up on in the future).

I feel like the chances of getting Teleport before Christmas are waning, though...

I hope the transporting comes soon. My friend told me she'd breed me a nebula dragon since I can never seem to catch one. D:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I don't want to have to hang on to hatchlings longer than I have to...but I'm sure I'll adapt.

why is it a problem to hang on to a hatchie longer? especially when in the near future people will have all those many many spots available for hatchies..even someone without a trophy is going to have like 8-12 available spots and gold trophies 14-21. It's not like they are going to take up uber valuable space and lock your scroll the way that currently happens. smile.gif

why is it a problem to hang on to a hatchie longer?  especially when in the near future  people will have all those many many spots available for hatchies..even someone without a trophy is going to have like 8-12 available spots and gold trophies 14-21.  It's not like they are going to take up uber valuable space and lock your scroll the way that currently happens.  smile.gif

You know, I was going to start lamenting the S1 hatchie thing too, but you're totally right. I think the only problem is that, for now, the increased limits aren't in, so until they arrive, the S1 freezing for S2 frozen hatchie hunters is going to be a minor hassle.

But it's a hassle with a known solution -- we just have to wait.

Edited by siliconrose

why is it a problem to hang on to a hatchie longer? especially when in the near future people will have all those many many spots available for hatchies..even someone without a trophy is going to have like 8-12 available spots and gold trophies 14-21. It's not like they are going to take up uber valuable space and lock your scroll the way that currently happens. smile.gif

This is considering the increased limits have not come yet. With the increased limits it won't be a problem. Without them it will only be a minor hassle. I'm sure I can find a way to lessen the time I have a hatchling sitting around.

I'm soooo excited about renaming! I used to let my 8-year-old neighbor pick out names for some of them, but now that I don't see her anymore I don't really want to keep the "babyish" names.

Has it been said if there will be limits on how many times we can rename each dragon?

Edited by Marie19R

I'm soooo excited about renaming! I used to let my 8-year-old neighbor pick out names for some of them, but now that I don't see her anymore I don't really want to keep the "babyish" names.

Has it been said if there will be limits on how many times we can rename each dragon?

TJ's post said it would be unlimited so we could rename the same dragon over and over.

Heh, I've got a few dorkfaces and one Thuwed that needs a rename. Some of my dorkfaces don't have the word and I accidentally misspelled Thuwed.

Heh, I've got a few dorkfaces and one Thuwed that needs a rename. Some of my dorkfaces don't have the word and I accidentally misspelled Thuwed.

I have a couple of Dorkfaces that I forgot to name Dorkface, too - it will be great to be able to fix these boo boo's!

hehe

really need that rename feature. made a booboo on my new nebula hatchie. the site i used had the wrong spelling, thought the word looked/sounded funny. dry.gif

found the correct spelling too late. rolleyes.gif

ooh, sudden thought.

what if we get a small release along with the new features? like after the major ones have been implemented and everyone's going nuts figuring teleport and fertility and the new cave design out BAM! - dragon release. :3

I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

If one uses "fertility", does it alter the risk of the dreaded refuse?

I am excited, I really want to see the new updates, I hoped that we can have more eggs and hatchies on our Scrolls but looks like I have to wait longer for that, but the updates which will come this weekend are interesting too!

Look at TJ`s first post the updates are:

Timeframe: Renaming, S1 Freezing, Scroll Pages, and Vampire Lineages should be arriving this weekend, December 10-12.

Thank you!

I shall looking on the first site more often.

Edited by ulki

I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

If one uses "fertility", does it alter the risk of the dreaded refuse?

Fertility is suppose to increase the chance that an egg will be produced, but it doesn't guarantee it, so you might still get the "dreaded refuse".

EDIT: Once the resuals in breeding feature is activated, however, if they do refuse, the next time you go to breed the dragon the one's that refused will not show up in the breeding scroll.

i.e. black + silver refused to go near each other. Next time you breed that particular black, the silver will no longer show up in the breeding scroll.

Does that help?

Edited by lexa000