TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Thanks to TJ and all the testers for everything. I shall look forward to renaming some dragons and perhaps name a lineage this weekend.

Ooh, fancy! Just noticed the update in releases. I'm definitely excited about the renaming. I have twenty plus dragons on my scroll with typos in their names! D:

I just noticed that three of the new features to be released first are the lowest ranked three on arly's poll.

I guess it has nothing to do with the lowest ranking ^^

I suppose these ones were a little bit easier to code and had not that much bugs in it like the others maybe have...

Anyways, looking forward and the weekend isn't too far away anymore x3

I don't know if this has been asked before - and going through 158 pages to find out seems a bit excessive to me - so here goes:

If rare x rare breeding is going to be allowed, why can't we also breed holiday x holiday?

Of course, it's obvious that we shouldn't be able to breed holiday eggs out of season, but since the parameters are likely to be set in a way to stop holiday dragons from reproducing in kind, a holiday x holiday breeding could just result in no eggs.

But if it is that time of year - why not allow for this? (I'd so love to breed my sweetlings to my snow angels both X-mas and V-Day - and get a few eggs out of it.)

Of course, there might be objections to same holidays breeding with each other (especially Holly x other X-mas dragons) because the number of the bred holiday eggs would be reduced. But that could be solved differently, couldn't it?

I don't know if this has been asked before - and going through 158 pages to find out seems a bit excessive to me - so here goes:

If rare x rare breeding is going to be allowed, why can't we also breed holiday x holiday?

Of course, it's obvious that we shouldn't be able to breed holiday eggs out of season, but since the parameters are likely to be set in a way to stop holiday dragons from reproducing in kind, a holiday x holiday breeding could just result in no eggs.

But if it is that time of year - why not allow for this? (I'd so love to breed my sweetlings to my snow angels both X-mas and V-Day - and get a few eggs out of it.)

Of course, there might be objections to same holidays breeding with each other (especially Holly x other X-mas dragons) because the number of the bred holiday eggs would be reduced. But that could be solved differently, couldn't it?

You can put it in Suggestions/Requsts. However, I personally hughly dislike this idea; I'm absolutely happy with how it is meant to be.

(I'd so love to breed my sweetlings to my snow angels both X-mas and V-Day - and get a few eggs out of it.)

i could go for something like this. to be able to cross breed holidays during ones specific breeding season.. i'd like to breed a marrow with one of my sweetlings user posted image

but i would like it more if the dragons cant breed with others from their same holiday family(no x-mas X x-mas or v-day X v-day, etc.).. simply to keep the amount of bred eggs going to the AP from being reduced.

Did I miss something in these 158 pages? Did someone say something about some changes coming this weekend? I tried to look through the messages to see if it was rumour or not but must have missed it. Or is this just wishful thinking on my part? laugh.gif

Did I miss something in these 158 pages? Did someone say something about some changes coming this weekend? I tried to look through the messages to see if it was rumour or not but must have missed it. Or is this just wishful thinking on my part? laugh.gif

If you look back at the first post, it's been updated with which things we can expect to see this weekend.

Edit: Here's the pertinent part:

Timeframe: Renaming, S1 Freezing, Scroll Pages, and Vampire Lineages should be arriving this weekend, December 10-12.

Edited by bionelly

but if they used the same set up as the normal linages, wouldn't it be one big line?

That's what I was thinking. They're probably set up differently though, although I don't know.

Wonder if Sock will tell us. o3o

That's what I was thinking. They're probably set up differently though, although I don't know.

Wonder if Sock will tell us. o3o

Actually, she did, in another thread.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=107575&st=0

SockPuppet Strangler

Bitten by isn't the same thing as a lineage. The two are separate features, which is what I mean. It still won't have parents like a bred egg, it just has a bitten by thing.

Thanks for the update, TJ. I can't wait for the renaming to be available.

I have 2 with name typos, 1 gender inappropriate for the name, and a few with capitalization issues.

Thanks for the update, TJ. I can't wait for the renaming to be available.

I have 2 with name typos, 1 gender inappropriate for the name, and a few with capitalization issues.

I have to rename a poor male dragon who I mistakenly named a female name. *facepalm*

Yeah, Renaming will be awesome. One of my dragons that really bugs me is my Electric where I misspelled Goddess(I only put one d) >.<

Edited by Seraphinu

Zeromanarmy, none of the new features previewed on the first post are in place yet. TJ has given us a timeframe of Dec 10 to 12 for the first four of the new features to be implemented.

On a personal note, I've been sorting my dragons for renaming, getting ready. A large number of them are going to be renamed because they are eligible for The Fifth Element lineage. Also, I'd tried out a naming scheme that I decided I didn't care for, so all the ones named that way are getting their names adjusted. Actually, I tried out two or three naming schemes that will be adjusted, or just plain changed, so a large number of my 600-something dragons are going to eventually be renamed. /headache.

I glad I get the chance to make these adjustments, though for awhile it's going to be a major undertaking. *opens multiple spreadsheets and google docs* *sharpens pencils*

*bangs head against the wall*

I really do love this, TJ. So it's worth the work. I was curious how many of the rest of us are doing similar prep work for the new features.

I was curious how many of the rest of us are doing similar prep work for the new features.

I am. wink.gif

I am going through all my dragons, deciding which will be renamed and which will have added a lineage name or something like that.

Looking forward to the s1 feature as well.

Rather sad though about the vampire thing not working for the old vampires like mine...

Edited by Elisabel

I was curious how many of the rest of us are doing similar prep work for the new features.

About me, knowing that I would never be able to change wrong names, I double checked every name before going ahead. So I only have to add a lineage surname and switch the names between 2 dragons and I'll be ok. cool.gif

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer

I'm rather attached to my dragons' names and the S1 freeze actually saddens me a little since now I'll have to hang onto hatchies longer to get them gendered before freezing. I'm happy for everyone who gets to play with the new toys but I think I'm just going to ride this wave out while waiting for the other features to come along. Maybe bite an egg just to see how the lineage works. tongue.gif

Edited by Sir Barton

I'm rather attached to my dragons' names and the S1 freeze actually saddens me a little since now I'll have to hang onto hatchies longer to get them gendered before freezing. I'm happy for everyone who gets to play with the new toys but I think I'm just going to ride this wave out while waiting for the other features to come along. Maybe bite an egg just to see how the lineage works. tongue.gif

I'm attached to the names I gave too - EXCEPT the ones I messed up ! (2 boys who should be girls. And I THOUGHT I had one with a messed up capital letter, but it seems not....)

Good point about the S1 freeze though....

And I THOUGHT I had one with a messed up capital letter, but it seems not....

A ha! You're better then you thought you were. wink.gif

I thought renaming would come out first since my guess was that would be one of the easier things to code/debug. I'm sure there will be a lot of busy people fixing their gender confused dragons. No doubt more then a few Dorkfaces and Thuweds will finally find their rightful place in their families this weekend as well.

Edited by Sir Barton

I thought renaming would come out first since my guess was that would be one of the easier things to code/debug. I'm sure there will be a lot of busy people fixing their gender confused dragons. No doubt more then a few Dorkfaces and Thuweds will finally find their rightful place in their families this weekend as well.

MY dorkface hatchie is already Properly Named ! (Also fogged for its own safety biggrin.gif)

Lol, I have TONS of misnamed dragons - and TONS of unnamed dragons because I foul up so many names, generally around 4 AM.

Don't ask me why I tend to name when I'm either unable to sleep at night, or unable to wake up in the morning...

But now that I know renaming is coming very soon, I'm finally daring to start slapping a few names on some 'hey, you' dragons, since I'll not be stuck forever with whatever dreadful thing I might do anymore.

Although one Dorkie I could finally name properly has had his proper name used on an offspring, darn it.

I wonder if that person would consider altering/finding her own name so my beautiful Shalorimidias could have his full name at last...

I've got a few to rename (named before they gendered lol >.<) and I might play with the vampire lineages, but I don't freeze so that doesn't affect me at all x3