TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

You'll have to give the person you are teleporting too a link where they can claim the egg.

So you'll pm the person who need to get a gift

""This is to fill your request on X thread, This is the link xxxx"

and they can claim it via this link

Hah! At least with this time-frame, the ultimate question of "when, when, when" has stopped tongue.gif

And, YAY! Renaming. At least soon some of my boy-dragons won't have anymore identity crises with accidental girly names - though they have to wait a few more weeks since I'll be out of town when these updates come out. lol

Yeah biggrin.gif As much as I'd hate to be given a date of when and then something bad happens and it's delayed for a while, knowing that they are coming "early december" has made me keep checking back like a lunatic lol, so I'm very appreciative of the date; thanks TJ biggrin.gif

Renaming? Sweet!

s1 freezing though...I won't go collecting the s1s, because I can't get them all, but still. Some, like albinos, are so much cuter s1.

I'm happy for renaming., I've been wanting to rename some of my oldest dragons for a long time.

What does s1 freezing mean? D:

When you freeze a hatchling at S1 it will stay at S1, meaning it won't gender and grow wings. :3

Yay! I'm looking forward to the renaming and the freezing. Timing those S1's was getting harder and harder.

Is this a DC record?

News thread that hasn't been wiped for the longest

News thread that has the most pages.

2010-10-31 and 2010-10-27 still have more pages, I dont know if they where wiped or not halfway through... But this thread still has a ways to go to beat them in pages.

No matter what, out of the re-leases that will be this weekend, I think the re-naming appeals to me the most. (just got lucky on the s1 hatching) and Truly other than knowing if my vampire's turned eggs are still alive I dont mind knowing there lineages...

The others are just bonuses.. Im looking forward to Teleport and limitations for egg/hatchlings the most...

Edited by HarperRider

So excited to rename I have a few fail named dragons D; -- but I really hope the new egg limits come before christmas, HINT HINT TJ. ^^'

This is awesome! Can`t wait for vamp lineages and and renaming! I hope that teleport comes out soon though, before Christmas so I can use it for gifting. (No pressure to the testers, though!)

Thanks, TJ, for the update. Renaming will be great to have - my Rumiko Takahashi naming scheme has fallen WAAAY behind thanks to my not wanting to assign dragons the names of thoroughly obscure bit players. When we get rename, I plan to reorganize a bit and add names from other mangaka.

I don't really care that much about the other changes this weekend, alas. I don't freeze dragons and don't much care about lineages. Maybe scroll pages will be useful, but as the most obvious (and to me, useful) purpose for those has already pretty well been nixed, I don't think I'll be using it much.

Still, my play style is my play style, and not everybody will feel the same way, so I'm looking forward to all of the changes. It should make the game much more flexible and fun for a lot of people.

I can't wait to rename some of my dragons. Most of them are Thuweds and Dorkafaces. I named one of my magi's scorchinglava when I was a noob thinking they were fire dragons. xd.png

I just noticed that three of the new features to be released first are the lowest ranked three on arly's poll.

Is he saving the "best" for last, or is it a coincidence? xd.png

I'm just glad the s1 freezing is coming... but I was wondering, will we be getting the "conversion" tool as well? I have a few I'd like to make "proper" s1.

Also, will the conversion tool allow us to turn back time on s2 who were originally frozen at the s1 stage?

Edited by razi

The Vamp lineages seem like it could be fun to work with smile.gif

but if they used the same set up as the normal linages, wouldn't it be one big line?

In Scroll Pages, will we be able to set 100 dragons per page, then use Legacy Custom sort to number dragons, for example, Reds, starting with 101, Magis starting with 201, Ochredrakes starting with 301, even if there are only currently 10 or 15 of each type, and have each group show on a new page?  And say with the Magis starting with 201, I have Pinks starting at 251, and Purples 276.  Will it allow the unused numbers to act as spacers?

in legacy sort, unused numbers cant act as spacers. there are only as many number spaces as dragons, obviously, and the dragons will still only line up from lowest to highest number. im using legacy sort right now, and i have a dead egg at the bottom of my scroll placed at 999. the dragon directly above that egg is placed at 213 or something.

so sorting your dragons with the use of pages wouldnt work, especially if you have uneven amounts of specific breeds of dragons.. somebody explained something like this a few pages back, i think

Edited by ParticleSoup

I just noticed that the three new features to be released first are the lowest ranked three on arly's poll.

Is he saving the "best" for last, or is it a coincidence? xd.png

Renaming is actually one of the more popular ones. wink.gif

Renaming is actually one of the more popular ones. wink.gif

That's true, I forgot about that one since it's not one of the ones that is at the top of my list.

I guess I'm trying to convince myself that what *I* want the most will be released the last so I stop lurking this thread every day for updates like some kind of dragon pixel junkie. xd.png

YAY! I hope we'll get 'em in time for Christmas~ <3

Well, we're already getting some this weekend. I don't know about the others, but I'm pretty excited.

in legacy sort, unused numbers cant act as spacers. there are only as many number spaces as dragons, obviously, and the dragons will still only line up from lowest to highest number. im using legacy sort right now, and i have a dead egg at the bottom of my scroll placed at 999. the dragon directly above that egg is placed at 213 or something.

so sorting your dragons with the use of pages wouldnt work, especially if you have uneven amounts of specific breeds of dragons.. somebody explained something like this a few pages back, i think

Thank you for your answer. I've been following the thread since day 1, but have somehow missed the details on this function and haven't seen them in the pages I've gone back through. I suppose there will be more details when it is released. I will definitely test different methods to start and see what works best for me. I'm glad I'm starting with a smaller collection (92 right now) and can grow into it.