TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Dude, AWESOME. I guess if we count post-fog cave as Cave 2.0, this is Cave 3.0. A new era!

Question. Does this mean the AP will get split into biomes as well? It would make sense, at least to me. And as one of my friends pointed out, it makes sense even in cave context. I mean, you'd have to be a real jerk to think it's a good idea to say, as she put it: "Bye bye, ember hatchling! Into the water!"

Will we be able to get 5 eggs when we grab 4 eggs from AP/cave and breed one more as right now?

Right now if you time things just right you can have on your scroll at most 9 total growing eggs/hatchlings. When the change happens you will simply readjust your timing mechanism and in the process have room for MORE dragons.

What will happen is something like this...

You grab or breed 4 eggs and are scroll locked (there will be no more breeding for a 5th egg).

You wait for 2 eggs to hatch and "unlock" your scroll and then grab/breed 2 more eggs = 4 eggs & 2 hatchies (6 total).

You wait for 2 eggs to hatch and grab/breed 2 more eggs = 4 eggs & 4 hatchies (8 total).

You wait for 2 eggs to hatch and grab/breed 2 more eggs = 4 eggs & 6 hatchies (10 total).

You wait for 2 eggs to hatch and grab/breed 2 more eggs = 4 eggs & 8 hatchies (12 total).

Depending on how you time things you can keep running a pattern like that for quite some time as you will have the oldest hatchlings growing up making room for the newly hatched babies which then makes room for grabbing/breeding more eggs.

Also.... a scroll starts out with 4 egg slots (max total of 12 growing dragons). As you go up in trophy levels (bronze, silver, gold) you will gain extra egg slots (5, 6, 7) and with it an increase in the max total of growing dragons (15, 18, 21).

Having upwards of 21 growing dragons (eggs/hatchlings) on a scroll at one time is a heck of a lot more than the 9 we currently can get. smile.gif

Edited by WraithZephyr

These sound incredibly awesome and definatley something to look forward to.

I wonder if there will be some sort of mechanism in place to prevent people from renaming wily-nily.

I'm super excited for this. I've been waiting for teleport since I first heard of it! Also, I'm really excited for the biomes thing...that sounds amazing. Actually, pretty much everything sounds amazing, and I'm really excited! I can't wait. Thanks, TJ!

*squeals and kisses TJ senseless* tongue.gif

Thank you!!! I've been hoping for some of those new Features like Teleport. And all the other stuff sounds awesome!! I can't wait (but I will obviously) wink.gif until they are released!! And the biomes... does that mean we get awesome new locations to see?!! Oh I can't wait! xd.png

Nah... not a bit excited. wink.gif

I'm excited for teleport. It'll make things so much easier.

I lufffffffff you TJ!!!!

I'm super excited for this. I've been waiting for teleport since I first heard of it! Also, I'm really excited for the biomes thing...that sounds amazing. Actually, pretty much everything sounds amazing, and I'm really excited! I can't wait. Thanks, TJ!

I keep coming back here to check the new posts, then return to my scroll, and check the Actions for my Magis! laugh.gif And the more I think about the biomes, the more I like the idea. But I still like the idea of one Abandon Pile. I've seen some great stories out of an abandoned hatchling's initial struggle to survive!

I wonder if there will be some sort of mechanism in place to prevent people from renaming wily-nily.

I dunno, it says it's unlimited. = /

OMG REALLY?!?! *SPAZM*

I almost got a silver from trading someone but someone snagged it at the last second sad.gif but now i don't have worry because magi dragons are going to use teleport. Good thing i have like tons of them.

Edited by ThunderFoot12

Speaking as one who often takes forever to come up names for her dragons that suit me, I shouldn't think more than one person would be naming more than one dragon willy-nilly, although I could be wrong.

With spelling variations, probably a dozen or more could be named will-nilly, though I really don't see why.

*ducks beneath the alter of the Goddess Rimshot, protector of bad-joke-makers and Horrid Punsters*

Seriously, how many people would try changing their dragon's names 'just because' very often, especially after scrambling for hundreds of unused names they like in the first place?

The very thought makes me sleepy and more prone to typo... xd.png

You rock, Mister TJ! Yay!

I can hardly wait until they are functional. *dances all around the room*

AAAAH. HOLY CENSORKIP THIS IS AWESOME.

GAH. I don't know what I'm most excited for. Although the way the egg/hatchling totals are described is slightly confusing. x.x

actually I'm really excited for the breeding feature ^^ I've got a couple striped dragons that just refuse to breed no matter who I pair them up with every week xd.png the incompatibility listing will be nice too~! thank you so much!

Dude, AWESOME. I guess if we count post-fog cave as Cave 2.0, this is Cave 3.0. A new era!

Question. Does this mean the AP will get split into biomes as well? It would make sense, at least to me. And as one of my friends pointed out, it makes sense even in cave context. I mean, you'd have to be a real jerk to think it's a good idea to say, as she put it: "Bye bye, ember hatchling! Into the water!"

I always saw the abandoned page as kinda like a dump. A more or less local area where people toss out the unwanted.