TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

For future ones, will it be the person who creates the concept who decides/at least gets a say, or artists only?

I would assume that if the conceptor doesn't put it in the original post, the artist or TJ would decide. However, once this comes out, I may start making people have that in posts before they can get accepted and do an update where people have to add that in to the original post. :3

I thought the user doesn't get to set his own scroll, but rather the view sets a limit for how many appear on each page?

This includes your own scroll, though. :3

alot.png

And thank you to everyone who's been thanking me! <3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I would assume that if the conceptor doesn't put it in the original post, the artist or TJ would decide. However, once this comes out, I may start making people have that in posts before they can get accepted and do an update where people have to add that in to the original post. :3

This includes your own scroll, though. :3

alot.png

And thank you to everyone who's been thanking me! <3

Alright biggrin.gif I may need to edit... one of mine, actually. All the others have very decided regions.

Another question about rareXrare breedings. I know you've said that holidayXholiday won't work...and in situations where both holidays are "in season" I can understand that (i.e. I can see why it makes sense that yules shouldn't breed with snow angels because they are both in season at the same time). But what about when one is "out of season"? For example, this Christmas could we be allowed to successfully breed sweetlings with snow angels?

EDIT: I'd like to add my thanks to Sock for answering all our questions!

Edited by Renorei

Some cool news here. Hoping the different locations for eggs makes the rarely seen CBs somewhat easier to obtain, or at least more commonly seen. Even if the ratios aren't being touched at all.

Increased egg count from trophies is nice to see as well, even for a lowly Bronze like me :P

ohmy.gif *faints* It's too much man, it's too much...I am super excited for all these releases...I must have them!!

I'm hoping there will be an (easily-accessible) guide to which dragons will be available in which biome. I have no clue which ones would be in a "jungle" setting... The waters are easier, but yeah.

Edited by Marie19R

I know xd.png Most of mine are fairly obvious though...

-wonders where Flamingos will go-

For future ones, will it be the person who creates the concept who decides/at least gets a say, or artists only?

Yeah, but I didn't want to tie mine down with infodump (can do infodump like you wouldn't believe *is a total evo-devo fan*)... and then I was working on one that first split into an alt form... and then spawned a sibling species....

And I would seriously like a say. I'm learning to sprite. But heck, if I want some dragon to be a fog forest species, there's a reason for it. So some concept-creator power would be nice, if in an advisory capacity.

Will we be able to get 5 eggs when we grab 4 eggs from AP/cave and breed one more as right now?

I believe what TJ has up are the total totals. So you'll be able to grab/breed 4 eggs total, but then can't breed for more.

Another question about rareXrare breedings. I know you've said that holidayXholiday won't work...and in situations where both holidays are "in season" I can understand that (i.e. I can see why it makes sense that yules shouldn't breed with snow angels because they are both in season at the same time). But what about when one is "out of season"? For example, this Christmas could we be allowed to successfully breed sweetlings with snow angels?

I believe so, but I'm still waiting on an answer for this. :3

alot.png

If you were the conceptor for something and want a say in where your dragons go, PM TJ and ask about it and maybe give him a bit more info. OR PM the artist who worked on them for you and talk to them about it. :3

-had a crazy thought-

... Am I the only one who can see the biome feature being released with a new egg for each area? xd.png

-had a crazy thought-

... Am I the only one who can see the biome feature being released with a new egg for each area? xd.png

LMAO

Win <3

I think that would be epic xd.png

Edited by Reidragon

-had a crazy thought-

This is an interesting idea! Will the different biomes open all together or a new one each week, each with a new egg? Just letting the ideas flow! laugh.gif

Anyone predict a release before the biomes apper\ar then because we are missing a few biomes that we need according to the Progress list such as Tundraous regions. Or will they just be added as they come into existance?

EDIT: I'd like to add my thanks to Sock for answering all our questions!

This was part of the section on rare x rare

Breed gold x gold, gold x silver, or gold x holiday (Or any other combination of rares except holiday x holiday)

Anyone predict a release before the biomes apper\ar then because we are missing a few biomes that we need according to the Progress list such as Tundraous regions. Or will they just be added as they come into existance?

If you're talking about the examples given in the OP, they were... well, examples.

I'm certain we'll have some form of polar/tundra region because of the Ice dragons...

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

./tackleuberninjapsychopandaglomps TJ

Teleport AND separate dragon pages!!!! I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU (in a totally manly way!!!)

If you're talking about the examples given in the OP, they were... well, examples.

I'm certain we'll have some form of polar/tundra region because of the Ice dragons...

Despite TJ labeling Ice's "uncommon", they are technically rares. So it would be rather empty wouldn't it?

-had a crazy thought-

That would be epic!

Despite TJ labeling Ice's "uncommon", they are technically rares. So it would be rather empty wouldn't it?

Maybe Winter seasonals will show up too? -shrug- And unless he's specified them as actually being rare, they will show up like uncommons, unless I've managed to miss something.

I believe what TJ has up are the total totals. So you'll be able to grab/breed 4 eggs total, but then can't breed for more.

I believe so, but I'm still waiting on an answer for this. :3

Thank you so much for answering my questions <3

I hope holiday x holiday lineages work (valen x christmas pair or so..)

Anyways, these new features are soooo awesome xd.png

Yay!!!!! Thanks TJ! New stuff! I can't wait until everything is implemented!