TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Pst...West...love your Richard avatar biggrin.gif

On the subject at hand, I'm VERY new to this forum and DC itself LOL. I don't understand a couple of these new features yet and what they entail, but the others that I do understand, it sounds like they will be pretty cool!

Right now, I'm sitting on the couch watching movers pack our stuff, as next week, we'll be making a cross-country drive to our new home. So, I'm really not in a big rush for updates. Hehe.

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx

This is extremely early Dec. There's still quite a lot of time before it's not early Dec. anymore. And TJ did post to say not to expect anything today. :3

Happy December first everyone!

I actually would prefer that if he doesn't do the updates within this week, he would wait until after the Christmas insanity. That way we have some time to get use to the new features pre or post Christmas instead of trying to get all set up while waiting for the new Christmas eggs and vying for Hollys, snow angels and Yule Bucks in the ap all in one go

Happy December first everyone!

I actually would prefer that if he doesn't do the updates within this week, he would wait until after the Christmas insanity. That way we have some time to get use to the new features pre or post Christmas instead of trying to get all set up while waiting for the new Christmas eggs and vying for Hollys, snow angels and Yule Bucks in the ap all in one go

Christmas is tooo far away, there is still plenty of time to "assimilate' the new features

besides he said "some" not "all"

Would it be too much to hope / wish that the new Christmas eggs, and stuff, come out with the roll out of the new site stuff (Like starting this week)???

oooo... please, Santa? ohmy.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

So, what's going to happen with new releases after the biomes are implemented? Will they be on the front page, or will we have to figure out what biome they're in to get them?

I think that Socky said they would probably be dropped in all biomes to start with and then as other eggs get added into the drop the new breed would go to its assigned biome.

I think that Socky said they would probably be dropped in all biomes to start with and then as other eggs get added into the drop the new breed would go to its assigned biome.

That's pretty cool... Gives everyone a chance to catch them right away ^^

I personally hope that teleport is implimented before Christmas. Yeah, I feel a bit sorry for the people who want to trade for Christmas dragons, but may not get them due to shortages. However, frankly, unless my first ever neglected attempts succeed (which I highly doubt, but here's hoping) the chances of getting a Holly like I want would be miniscule at best. At least with more appearing in the AP I have a real chance, as small as it may be.

Edited by Black_Phantom

so wait, for the egg limits, whats the other number? for bred eggs?

No, first number is number of eggs. Second number is total number of growing dragons on your scroll -- eggs and hatchlings. So you can have a total of 12 / 15 / 18 / 21 growing dragons on your scroll but only 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 of them can be eggs.

ETA: And all eggs count the same, bred or not.

Edited by purplehaze

Whoa, vale that is awesome! ^^^

But, forgive me for being off topic, but what is cataclysm?

To be on topic: I like that all eggs will count the same. I always breed when I have 3 eggs, and then can't catch. (Like I did just now, duh!)

Vhale, thank you so much for that stunning dragon! I put him in my presentation on Pony Island! biggrin.gif

Aw, no surprises yet...well, we've been waiting this long, what's a little longer? smile.gif

Whoa, vale that is awesome! ^^^

But, forgive me for being off topic, but what is cataclysm?

To be on topic: I like that all eggs will count the same. I always breed when I have 3 eggs, and then can't catch. (Like I did just now, duh!)

Cataclysm is the next big expansion for World of Warcraft. The dragon Vhale posted is the dragon that is going to be causing drama for those of us on Azeroth.

But yes, I hadn't thought of that, but I will be pretty focused on WoW for a while after the 7th, so I hope some of it comes out before then unsure.gif

Edited by FireAngel73

Yes, next Tuesday is the big day. So I've been hoping that some of the new stuff comes out by this weekend so I can enjoy it. Because if it doesn't I figure I won't get to it until after the holidays anyway. I won't really be using biomes etc the week before Christmas because I'll be keeping my scroll open for holiday breeding stuff. So, realistically, that leaves the rest of this week and the start of next.

If you are curious about the big fellow up there, look up the video on youtube for WoW Cataclysm. And look up Neltharion/Deathwing. It's the reason my blacks and reds have the naming conventions they do wink.gif THe program used to generate him is WoW Model Viewer. Just be careful if you google it, only get it from the main site. If you have WoW, you can peek and pose every model in game. THe artists here might like that.

True it is December already, but early December still gives about a week to work with.  Besides all this waiting is fun,  you never know what can happen.

How is waiting fun! I hate that we have to sit and wait here alot.png!

censorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gifcensorkip.gif !!!!! xd.png

Edited by fireball225

This is extremely early Dec. There's still quite a lot of time before it's not early Dec. anymore. And TJ did post to say not to expect anything today. :3

I know, but the wait is driving me insane! LOL! It's a good lesson in patience, I'll tell ya!!

So, what's going to happen with new releases after the biomes are implemented? Will they be on the front page, or will we have to figure out what biome they're in to get them?

after the biomes are implemented

I've tried to read back, but can not find an explanation on biomes. Can you direct me to a page number - or explain what biomes are?

Biomes are like habitats or specific environments that something lives in. If that makes sense.

New releases will most likely show up in all biomes for a time before going just to their specific biome.

So - with that in mind, are we going to get specific environments to find these new species in? Or is that still to be decided?

I wonder if the page option will enable you to hide pages. I would like someplace to put failed Neglect and vampire bite experiments where no one can see them. Failed zombies too it's embarrashing and saddening to see dead pixals...

I wonder if the biomes will have a different page layout.... like the forest biome would be greenish with trees, and the water biome would have a pond or something.... does anyone think this could be the case?