TimeFlame

How did you find DC?

Yeah so I was wondering how the site became so popular in the first place! how did it come to have over 50,000 members and counting? huh.gif What do you think? Edited by TimeFlame

Well I got here from another site because of a link in someone's signature on the other forum. Lots of people find it that way. Then there's good old google, and friends and family that recommend it... etc.

Yeah I found this site from another forum too (a bird forum tongue.gif).

It was really popular on that forum for a while, I didn't even have to put any of my eggs/hatchies in any fansites, I just posted them in my sig on that forum and they got plenty of views. Now only a handful of people on there play DC anymore.

I found this site by pure luck, I was on google looking up dragon sites and that's how I got started........ GO GOOLGE!

Yeah I found this site from another forum too (a bird forum tongue.gif).

That's cool! happy.gif I found this site from a tropical fish forum. biggrin.gif

Someone on a miniature horse forum posted the link to the site. One look and some of us were hooked. Now I plan breedings of dragons as well as horses. biggrin.gif

Adoptables are quite popular now. And Dragon Cave dragons look awesome!

The main benefit of this forum is a warm friendly atmosphere. Joining it once, you don't want to leave wink.gif . There's a lot of topics to discuss, dozens of forum games, moderators are reasonable and friendly, constantly working support... There's nothing strange in its popularity, guys.

Haha "warm friendly"... only if you're of a certain mindset. Well, that's mostly in regards to GD, but still... ahaha...

... *cough* Anyhow, probably just 'cause the art's pretty good and a lot of people get attention by posting scroll links/eggs on other sites to get views and clicks.

I saw the dragons in signatures on another forum. I ignored them at first because I thought they were silly, but then I saw a purple hatchling and adult in someone's sig and instantly fell in love, and just had to have one. My original intention was to only get the purple so I could have it in my signature, but then I got two...then three...then four...and now I have over 400. *dies*

This was a year and nine months ago, before there were males and before they were redone. Love 'em even more now. XD

You see a dragon in someone's sig, you click on it, see enough of Dragon Cave to pique your curiosity, you get your first dragon, and, suddenly, your hooked.

That's how I ended up liking Dragon Cave, and it looks like others ended up here through similar scenarios.

I saw a Grey dragon in a friend's sig on our gaming clan forum. I can't remember if I clicked on it or asked my friend about it. Somehow I ended up at the site, registered, and became hooked. It all looked so cool smile.gif

I found out about DC in May 2008 when I saw some cute dragons in a thread on one of the forums I used to visited (too) often back then... But I didn't join until somewhere in agust or something like that and then I didn't want to quit. (: And back then I didn't use any fansites to get views and clicks to mine dragons, I posted them on the forum I found out about DC and on another forum just because one I knew there also had decided to join DC... At some point I think we was somewhere around 50 persons from the same forum that joined DC and loved it. But well, now it feels like I'm the only one of those 50 that's still around (and I think I am, since the thread about DC on that forum died almost a year ago).

It's pretty easy for a site like this to get popular since it involves spamming your dragons across the internet.

I found this site from a combination of all the other forums I go to. It seemed popular, so I checked it out.

I found out about DC in May 2008 when I saw some cute dragons in a thread on one of the forums I used to visited (too) often back then... But I didn't join until somewhere in agust or something like that and then I didn't want to quit. (: And back then I didn't use any fansites to get views and clicks to mine dragons, I posted them on the forum I found out about DC and on another forum just because one I knew there also had decided to join DC... At some point I think we was somewhere around 50 persons from the same forum that joined DC and loved it. But well, now it feels like I'm the only one of those 50 that's still around (and I think I am, since the thread about DC on that forum died almost a year ago).

That's pretty much exactly what happened on my forum. Tons of people were interested in it (while others hated it because they were annoyed by all the little dragons in everyone's' sig tongue.gif) and we even had a thread about it but it died quite some time ago and I'm pretty much the most active one in DC from those forums.

I was on gaia and noticed everyone has these eggs, I thought they were awesome and joined. It was pure luck that I caught my Yulebuck on my first try and instantly I was hooked. I've been here since later November of 2008.

Cavecount is 431,112 users. ;3

I think having a limited time to get these to grow and having to get them views and unique views in that time helps. Especially before there were fansites and all there was were other sites to spam your dragons on. Even now, there are people who don't use fansites and just use other places, and even people who use fansites put their dragons elsewhere, too. The good arts draw people in after the spam hooks them. :B

I heard of it from my friend, and at first i thought it was kind of dumb, but then i got hooked and now it's my main obsession! My friend went to a new school and she managed to get a ton of other people hooked onto dragoncave and i also post my dragons on Gmail Buzz, people get curious and check it out, i suppose.

I found it on a forum were we play a game called "werewolves"

Germelia, golovior and a few other players play DC too

Well, I got here from my friend on Neopets. I know they don't allow off-site links, it's called being subtle with names and stuff xP

But anyways, she thought I would want to. ^^

I clicked on a blog link a commenter left on a genre bulletin board with hundreds of posts.

Checked out her blog and noticed a link in her favourites. Clicked on it and checked out her scroll.

Now that looked like fun.

Fun is good.

ninja.gif

Edited once.

Edited by sithdragon

FanFiction.Net. My buddy posted a link of her autumn on one of the Pokemon forum topics, and when I clicked it...

-POOF-

I couldn't stop.