TimeFlame

How did you find DC?

I got here by someone having them in their signature on another forum. I think that's one of the biggest ways that the eggs spread. A couple of my friends now started playing because they saw my eggies tongue.gif

A friend of mine found it and posted in a thread on another forum and said something like;

"Look everyone! I've a purple egg! Wonder what it will become when it grows... Wanna find out...? Well then, click on it and help it grow!"

And then this person pretty much forced me to join due to the simple fact that she already knew that I recently had started to draw dragons a whole lot. I'm a person who can't say "no", so well... I'm here and will probably be here for years to come even though I joined this site way back in 2008.

As far as I know I'm the only one from that forum where my friend posted her purple egg who's still here. I think everyone stopped visiting this place sometime in late 2008 or early 2009.

It was back in 2008. A friend of mine on LiveJournal was talking about the game, and she caught an egg and posted it in her journal. I got a bit interested and thought, 'Okay. This looks like fun.' So I got a DC account and started collecting. The rest is history. smile.gif

Edited by Jennie

I saw hatchlings and eggs on someone's page on an online game called "Howrse." I thought, "Hey, that looks kinda cool...why not?"

I joined the website Dragadopts, but my sister, being the person she was, saw me on it and registered herself. Dragadopts within a day had locked us both out because we had registered our 2 account on the same IP and they considered that as being a person with 2 accounts which is against the rules. After vigorous emailing I realized I wasn't getting back in so I searched Dragon Adopts on Google and found Dragcave. Since then I can tell you dragcave has been better than Dragadopts EVER would have been.

I remember finding it long before I signed up but new registration was locked so I couldn't join (I can't recall how I found it then). Then I forgot about it for a while. Then I rediscovered it when a fanfiction author I read started writing about dragon cave. smile.gif

I used to play an online RPG about Pokemon. I was browsing the news comments one day and one of the users had eggs in their signature.

Oddly, the thing that caught my attention was not the eggs themselves, but the fact that the person's username was a reference to a book series I like.

I used to be on a lot of different sites. There was one site in particular where people kept spamming up my wall with links, quite literally screaming "(Please read the forum rules)!!!". I just ignored it. And ignored it. But I was getting super mad and tired of deleting the comments. So finally, I clicked the link one day to see what all the fuss was about. It took me to a scroll. Figuring this was someone's profile, I clicked the big 'Dragon Cave' up above it to take me to the site's home page. I was really confused, but I joined the site. At first I was wary that everyone on DC was like that screaming person that had left DC comments on my page, but after joining the forum I quickly learned that that simply wasn't the case. smile.gif

I used to play FooPets and there was a whole forum section there devoted to click sites. Someone asked me to click their egg, and after that I just had to get one of my own (ny first one was a mint....LOL)

I came here from Gaia. A friend stumbled across the site when it was quite new, and I followed pretty soon after. A lot of people were posting eggs there because it was an easy way to get a lot of views before the fansites really started showing up.

I was wondering if you were the same terradi from Gaia. I remember seeing your name in green.

I found Dragon Cave through Gaia as well. It was a very popular thing to put in your signature at one point.

Early this year, one of my friends from another forum was showing off his dragons. I thought it would be fun to join, so I did.

I found DC on a website for horses!

I did too! I used to play a game called horseland, before it changed radically. People would put their eggs on their pages there. I got curious and started my own scroll. That was back in '08.

I play another game called Howrse, and people put their eggs and hatchlings on their pages. I thought I was going to leave Howrse for a while, so I joined DC because I love dragons as well as horses, but then I decided to stay on Howrse but not be a really active player. I like how DC isn't super competative. It's really fun but it's not stressful!

I can't remember exactly how I came across the site... way too long ago. I want to say it was probably Google, but Gaia is a possibility as well.

It took me a LONG time, however, to join the forums. I used to use Gaia and LJ a lot for clicks. I think I only joined the forums maybe a year or two ago. I've been apart of DC since 2008. =3

From another adoptables site. Saw them in people's signatures, but I initially didn't like the idea of them potentially dying, so I waited for a few months. Then I finally got the courage to join. Nearly killed the first set I had from overviewing. Then I made an artform out of keeping my eggs at the edge of sickness, never losing one to sickness. It wasn't until the advent of fansites that I quit that practice.

Edited by Nectaris

I'll repost:

Im on another forum, and saw a member there have eggs in his siggy,so I clicked it and here I am now, also I must say because of him, me and like 7 ppl started playing, maybe even more. xd.png

The Encyclopedia Dramatica article. I read it and decided I wanted to play. Haha. I really wanted a gold dragon, I guess.

I'll repost:

Im on another forum, and saw a member there have eggs in his siggy,so I clicked it and here I am now, also I must say because of him, me and like 7 ppl started playing, maybe even more. xd.png

Me too xd.png I found it through another game's forum, they would put them in their sigs, I saw they even had a special thread to click each other's eggs and I thought the little eggs were so cute wub.gif so here I am now.

Me too xd.png I found it through another game's forum, they would put them in their sigs, I saw they even had a special thread to click each other's eggs and I thought the little eggs were so cute wub.gif so here I am now.

Not a bad idea, but I don't think there will be many to support it.

Yeah the eggs have a weird incentive to them....they have powers...dangers powers.... xd.png