TimeFlame

How did you find DC?

I was playing another breeding game, only with horses, and someone had a fan page for DC in that game. I really liked the artwork of the dragons, so I decided to check it out. Joined the forum at the same time I joined DC itself I think... or soon after.

Someone had some eggs in a neopets forum. Back then, I didn't know how to keep them alive since I don't post there.

I found the cave after a friend posted her eggs on her Plurk timeline.

The Cave was very confusing, since it would never occur to me to find instructions for the game on a forum instead of a help page (which the cave now has).

I was aware of the Cave for about a month before I registered & caught eggs because I was leery of the apparent necessity to join "yet another" forum. rolleyes.gif

Guess I got over it, though, xd.png.

Well, it was on '07, when the eggs become a fever on another forum, but I really started to play some weeks before december's '10 =)

Wow, that goes way back. I know for sure that I knew about DC before I joined it, but I just can't seem to remember how. :s

Hmm, I was all over deviantART back then, so probably I saw someone mention it somewhere. Though, I joined when I was on another dragon adopting site, after seeing a dragon on someone's signature on the forum.

Back then, I thought the Electric Dragons were so boss.

Minecraft Forums - Saw a RIP gravestone. Clicked on it expecting some zombie website. Nope, Dragcave! Instantly fell in love, mainly with forums! tongue.gif

Can't remember if I posted here or not.

But anyway, I found DC in a siggy in Minecraft Forums.

i found this site on another site called pokefarm and a link was in someones signature an d i thought i would give this game a try. its pretty addicting once you get started

I clicked on a split hatchling on someone's random RP profile and here I am. LOL

A friend who doesn't play anymore showed me. It's a pity, she always had great luck hunting - luck like, "randomly decides to log in after a break from DC and casually grabs a silver off the AP". I would never give up Dragcave if I were her. xd.png

Edited by Orlageddon

This is how I met/found the DC of my dreams:

Glam and DC: A love story.

DC and I met through another forum (that forum and I are no longer together, so I am fully committed to my relationship with DC) and I was drawn to its elegant sprites, most commonly of Guardians and Blacks. I joined after clicking on dragon after dragon, caught a Water Walker egg, and then returned to the loving arms of that other forum. A couple weeks after joining and then abandoning DC, I remembered I had an account on there, logged in, and found the shell of my little Water Walker 3: Poor thing, I didn't know how to raise it so it simply died. At that point I decided to dedicate my time to DC and launched into full-on noob mode. Asking stupid questions in the help forum, posting all over the place, just acting completely and utterly obnoxious. It's actually quite embarrassing, the way I acted as a noob D: For example I remember being offended when I was classified as a noob, only because I didn't even know what it was at the time but thought it was something rude and demeaning. xd.png

Well, I'm glad I found DC, because I've made friends on here and also have pestered some people to death. I've also found a hobby (oh god I have no life, my hobby is DC-ing) and a place to post when I need somewhere to spill. Pfft, forget Facebook, I don't use the darn thing anyway.

(Please be aware I am doing this thing called midnight-posting, which is the equivalent of drunk driving, but on a website posting somewhat anonymously and all hyped up on M&Ms). xd.png

There is a thread in the Talk Budgies forum smile.gif I joined after a month of seeing peoples weird egg things in their siggies, now i'm the one with mass amounts of eggs in my siggies xd.png

Hmmmm. I cannot remember how I found this forum. I just enjoy collecting the eggs and breeding the dragons.

There is a thread in the Talk Budgies forum smile.gif I joined after a month of seeing peoples weird egg things in their siggies, now i'm the one with mass amounts of eggs in my siggies xd.png

Whoop whoop, more TBers (: Same way I joined actually

Well, I was lurking on a forum I constantly go, and one day a friend of mine was talking about "eggs", I asked her what these eggs were about and she answered with "these are dragons, I recently joined but it seems to be cool". Out of curiosity I tried it. I ended up loving it.

So yeah, here I am now, with a silver trophy and aiming for the gold!

Back in September 2010, I had just gotten my first mice from a pet store. I honestly wasn't planning to get them, but I saw a man buy a few for his new pet snake that an associate was holding for him, and I thought "Maybe I could give one or two of those little guys a nice life", so after begging my mom, we bought a cage and took two mice home. Since I had just got them without planning, I had no clue on how to take care of mice, so I decided to go register for a mouse forum. After I was done that, I asked a few questions and got some answers. I was reading through them when I remember seeing a single adult Skywing dragon in the users signature. Curious to what it was, I clicked it and it took me to the dragons page. I clicked on the big "Dragon Cave" text at the top of the page, and it took me to the home page. If I remembered correctly, it displayed 3 eggs at the bottom. I clicked register because I was interested in the game, and BAM. I was instantly addicted, and I still am! tongue.gif

Not a very interesting story, I was lurking on the Petopia forums (World of Warcraft Hunter Pets) and saw an user with a male Bluna and a female purple on her signature, I thought ''OMG, those dragons look so cool!'', clicked to see them, the scroll... Then the main page, etc.

And here I am, collecting pixel dragons because I find them cool biggrin.gif

I was on a super long hiatus (from when I was like, 6) and now, many years later, I made a new account (since I can't even remember the username for my old one) after my best friend (Lady Artemis) was hounding me about it~ biggrin.gif

I remember we used to stay up 'till like, 3 in the morning hunting the AP xd.png

A friend from church e-mailed me a link.

I should have listened to her warning about its addictiveness.

I used to spend a lot of time on a particular My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic forum, where a lot of the folks had DC eggs in their signatures.

I did resist. I really did. I followed the link in their signatures more than once, and each time thought: "This would be fun... no, no, I don't have time for this. Bad idea." Then one day I finally caved (heh), picked up my first egg (a whiptail), and the rest was history.

Interestingly (to me), at first I didn't want to pick up my full limit of eggs because I was afraid I couldn't take care of them all properly. That was back when I could only have 4 eggs. It makes me laugh now, when sometimes I fill up to my full allotted 21 slots for eggs & hatchlings... laugh.gif