KRABBIT

Spriter's School!

Welcome! This is Spriter's school! We teach you how to sprite! Here are the different steps we teach you, you may skip some, or only take one, just be sure to post in the thread, and if you decide to go from bottom to top, then you could become an Artiste! biggrin.gif

What is it, you ask? Why, its a series of "lessons" that teach you how to sprite. It begins with Recoloring and Splicing, and it moves to spriting from a sketch, to scratching tiny things and basic shading, then shading and full spriting. Each lesson is taught by a different teacher and there are separate rooms for everything. It is recommended you bookmark all of the rooms you need.

Draggemo Is the principle, and Miggy is the Headmaster and our wonderful founder! And they will be recording what you do, and The principle will hand out report cards wink.gif

NOTE

The trophies you gain after each lesson are still under construction.

Recoloring/Splicing Room

Taught By: Emerald ShadowClaw

Spriting From Sketches Room

Taught By: Miggyrox789

Scratch Spriting and Introduction to Shading

Taught By: Rabbit153

Complex Shading and Spritelines

Taught By: Miggyrox789 (Substitute for now)

At the very end of all of the lessons, you are prompted to graduate from the Spriters Academy. To truly graduate, you must create something from every category, sometimes multiple things from the category. These are the things you will have to do on your Final Exam:

~Recolor a Pokemon Sprite

~Splice 2 Pokemon

~Spriteline a Sketch

~Scratch Spriteline something small.

~Basic Shade something.

~Create a Complex Scratch Sprite line.

~Shade the Spritline with Texture.

NOTE: The exam will vary for each person, because you don't have to take all the classes, it will only be on the classes you took

You have one month to finish them. After that, you must present them to me, and we will grade them. If there are any areas you seem to lack, you will have to go back and continue learning that lesson until you can do it well. If you pass, you can become a full fledged Artiste. smile.gif

Or, there is a Spriter School Chat located here where you can meet any of the teachers or other students for normal chat or chat related to the School. Just about anything. Here is the chat smile.gifThe School Chat Please do NOT sign in with a name like "Someone" Or "Anon" or "Guest" Or one of the teachers will kick you. Thanks!

Hope you enroll, and if you do, good luck!

Here is the entry form!

[b]Username:
How often can you be online?
Which classes do you want to take?[/b]

~ Spriter's School

Edited by rabbit153

Your teacher will Pm you once they are ready to take you! smile.gif

Emerald's Students Will Take 3 Max

-MudBug (Going Up)

-XLaurentX (Going Up)

-sarahfish89 (Going Up)

Miggy's Students Will Take 5 Max

-klinneah

-Hawktalon (Going up)

-Danne (Going Up)

-lachrymation (Going up)

-Shelbell (Going Up)

Rabbit's Students Will Take 7 Max

-wonton55912

-Schnee (Going up?)

-KageSora

Waiting List:

LightningRip (Starting with splicing Then Going Up)

Eyota (Starting with Splicing Then going Up)

Zephyr_Drake (Starting with Splicing Then Going Up)

satyr76 (Splicing)

Stormcaller (Starting with Splicing Then Going Up)

Adrak (Starting with Splicing Then Going Up)

egwenna (Starting with Splicing Then Going Up)

Autana (Starting with Splicing Then Going Up)

Toneto (Starting With Splicing then Going up)

Pteprocks (Splicing, may go up)

Oakash (Starting with splicing, then going up)

thewingeddragonofra (starting with splicing, then going up)

lizardtail (Splicing)

Dyzi (Splicing then going up)

Lila (Spriting from sketch)

nuttymeg3 (Spriting from sketch)

KuukiKiller (Spriting from sketch then going up)

Skypool (Spriting from sketch then going up)

(*Colors are organized by teacher)

Graduated:

-Xbcdrt8741

Edited by rabbit153

:3 Just so you know, that's me Rabbit's talking about first ^^

I have English timezone, this may affect lessons :/

Username: klinneah

How often can you be online? Erry day :3

Which classes do you want to take? Any and all, but 'specially spriting from a sketch.

Username: sapphiredragon73

How often can you be online? every day. time varies.

Which classes do you want to take? Complex Shading and Spritelines

I'm interested but I need to ask a question first. If you skip lessons will you still have to do everything on the graduation exam? I honestly do not like recoloring and splicing, especially if what I'm recoloring or splicing isn't mine. Can I just take the lessons I need and only do the graduation requirements related to those lessons?

I'm interested but I need to ask a question first. If you skip lessons will you still have to do everything on the graduation exam? I honestly do not like recoloring and splicing, especially if what I'm recoloring or splicing isn't mine. Can I just take the lessons I need and only do the graduation requirements related to those lessons?

You are not required to take the exams of classes you do not take. :3

Edited by miggyrox789

Ooh ! I sooo want to join smile.gif ! This sounds awesome!

Username:Hawktalon

How often can you be online? Pretty much every day, sometimes not on tuesdays and thursdays, before 10:00 my time.

Which classes do you want to take? All, starting with spritelining a sketch and working my way up. But I'lll skip splicing/recoloring, 'cause I think I already taught myself that biggrin.gif .

EDIT: thank you!

Edited by Hawktalon

Username: Infinis

How often can you be online?: I'm usually on every day from 11PM to 1AM EST time.

Which classes do you want to take? Scratch Spriting and Introduction to Shading and everything afterwards.

I tried scratch spriting once and it wasn't exactly great. >__> Shading may also be a tad hard to get across to me because I don't really understand saturation and desaturation and such. I think in terms of a light/dark and brightness/darkness. >__> I'll do my best! /prepares

I live in Mountain Time in the USA, but I commonly convert to EST time because that's DC time.

Everyone will soon be getting ID numbers from their teachers to use, in the private chat with the teacher. Please do not tell others your ID Number,because we might start doing things with them wink.gif.

Wish you guys all good luck!

Username: MudBug

How often can you be online?: Pretty much all day, everyday. Goes something like computer/sleep/computer.

Which classes do you want to take?: All of them! I'm starting from total n00b but I've always loved sprites and making them sounds like a blast!

I'm on CST but am quite the night owl so, you got a 50/50 chance of catching me at just about any hour.

Username: XLaurentX

How often can you be online? Everyday. 4-6pm or 5-7pm (CAT)

Which classes do you want to take? All please

Sounds fun, although I might suck

Username:

How often can you be online? Most days apart from Monday, up to 4 hours a day

Which classes do you want to take? All, I guess

I would love to try and sprite, I've been thinking about to try it some day... But I don't know if I've the right program to do it in (my photoshop isn't too good to paint small things in...). What program is best to use when you sprite...?

And I think won't be able to take any lessons where someone teaches me, at least not now... ): Maybe after Christmas when I've vacation and no school to worry about. Right now I've too much to do in school since it is close to christmas now.

Username: LightningRip

How often can you be online? Usually quite often.

Which classes do you want to take? All.

I really want to improve my spriting skills. :3

I would love to try and sprite, I've been thinking about to try it some day... But I don't know if I've the right program to do it in (my photoshop isn't too good to paint small things in...). What program is best to use when you sprite...?

And I think won't be able to take any lessons where someone teaches me, at least not now... ): Maybe after Christmas when I've vacation and no school to worry about. Right now I've too much to do in school since it is close to christmas now.

Well, I myself use MSPaint but there are a ton more different types of programs! smile.gif Search your computer! If you have a windows you will automatically have Paint, but if you have a Mac then you won't.

Also, actually I don't know what time zone you are in... but most of us are nocturnal, and we stay up to 12 EST time... so if thats the reason you don't want to sign up you can think again wink.gif

Well, I myself use MSPaint but there are a ton more different types of programs! smile.gif Search your computer! If you have a windows you will automatically have Paint, but if you have a Mac then you won't.

Also, actually I don't know what time zone you are in... but most of us are nocturnal, and we stay up to 12 EST time... so if thats the reason you don't want to sign up you can think again wink.gif

When my mom doesn't force me to go to bed...

THEN SOMETIMES I STAY UP LONGER

Username: wonton55912

How often can you be online? In EST and can be on from 4-7 my time on weekdays and a lot of the time on weekends

Which classes do you want to take? Whatever's open.

Edited by wonton55912

Username: Eyota

How often can you be online? Ummm...usually everyday for an undefinied amount of time

Which classes do you want to take? Everything if I can get pass it with MS Paint?

Username: Zephyr_Drake

How often can you be online? Aproxamatly 7:00-either 7:30 OR 9:30pm cave time, then later either aproxamatly 12:30 (am) or 3:30 am cave time till 11amish or as late as 3pm. Im 12hrs ahead of cave time, so thats as late as 3am. About 7-13hrs a day *has no life*

Which classes do you want to take? All of them please

Edit: I did sprite this from a sketch, but it was pure guess work cause Ive never been shown how.

user posted image

Edited by Zephyr_Drake

Username: satyr76

How often can you be online? An hour or two every weekday, about twice that on weekends. That time is cut in half when I'm busy. Also, my timezone is EST

Which classes do you want to take? Recoloring and Splicing

Just a warning- I don't have any experience with it yet.

How often can you be online? Ummm...usually everyday for an undefinied amount of time

Which classes do you want to take? Everything if I can get pass it with MS Paint?

I'm pretty sure one of the teachers teach sprite layers. The teacher uses GIMP, so you might need it too.

I use MS paint- You can get by with it. :3