KRABBIT

Spriter's School!

I'd like to try to learn this too, if I may.

Username: Stormcaller

How often can you be online? My timezone is EST. Except for Tuesday mornings and a few hours on Thursday or Friday mornings, I can be available almost anytime until about 11:00 p.m.

Which classes do you want to take? Since I'm new at this, I would like to start at the begining level and then work my way through the rest of them

Edited by Stormcaller

I would love to try and sprite, I've been thinking about to try it some day... But I don't know if I've the right program to do it in (my photoshop isn't too good to paint small things in...). What program is best to use when you sprite...?

And I think won't be able to take any lessons where someone teaches me, at least not now... ): Maybe after Christmas when I've vacation and no school to worry about. Right now I've too much to do in school since it is close to christmas now.

I believe MSPaint is recommended for pixel art and it's easy to work with. :3 GIMP is also usable for spritework but GIMP is also more complex (it's also free, though).

Mspaint is much better, though i can't always use it due to mine being glitchy : P... i can't really be here all the time, sadly.

Ohai rabbit, miggy, titi, awsome, and emerald.

For the spriter school can I be like an advisor who sometimes checks out the class rooms and stuff?

Ohai rabbit, miggy, titi, awsome, and emerald.

For the spriter school can I be like an advisor who sometimes checks out the class rooms and stuff?

I'm the principal...I do all of that plus more.

smile.gif

Still you would need an advisor to help you with that because you are probably busy doing paperwork and stuffz. xd.png

Edited by chris123

Username: Adrak

How often can you be online?: I'm usually on every night, around 10pm EST

Which classes do you want to take? All of them.

Still you would need an advisor to help you with that because you are probably busy doing paperwork and stuffz. xd.png

An advisor to help you with what? 0.o All the teachers pitch in and help eachother, its fine the way it is, but thanks for offering wink.gif

Until this gets bigger, I don't have any.

In fact, I'm usually bored out of my mind. xd.png

lol fine can I be a secretary? xd.png

All schools have secretaries. xd.png

I don't mean to be mean, but WHY would we need a secretary?

Ugh... /slaps her sleeping patterns

The secretary would do practically nothing from what I gathered, there aren't any school inspections (no, as far as I know, there's no place for a school inspector either) so no one needs to welcome them.

Just wondering-are the classes taught in the chatzy room for Spriter's School?

No they aren't wink.gif When your teacher Pms you they will PM you the room, and a password/ID for you.

Inside the chatzy room for Spriter's School though, you can get advice on projects you are doing, or show off you work smile.gif And talk to other students and teachers.

Edited by rabbit153

Well, I myself use MSPaint but there are a ton more different types of programs! smile.gif Search your computer! If you have a windows you will automatically have Paint, but if you have a Mac then you won't.

Also, actually I don't know what time zone you are in... but most of us are nocturnal, and we stay up to 12 EST time... so if thats the reason you don't want to sign up you can think again wink.gif

Yea, I've Paint, but I don't use it too often since I don't like it. /; And I've Paint.NET too (and I like that one better).

I'm in Sweden, but I don't know what time zone we have here, lol (I'm not too interested in that thing)... x'D And I don't worry about the time, it's just that I've too many things to do before Christmas. :C

I'm having a blast so far! Tried recoloring and splicing and they've turned out great! Thanks so much for this you guys!

Is the waiting list open? I know the very basics to spriting (at least to sprite lining) but I did that from fiddling around by myself, and I'm sure there are much easier ways to do things than the convoluted ways I came up with on my own!

Username: Danne

How often can you be online? Pretty much any day. I'm on EST time.

Which classes do you want to take? Spriting From Sketches, Scratch Spriting and Introduction to Shading (I'll leave the advanced shading one until after I know the basics! xd.png)

I'm on a Mac, btw. The only image editing program I have (not counting iPhoto, because that's no help here) is Mac Paintbrush, which I downloaded for free.

Edited by Danne

I'm having a blast so far! Tried recoloring and splicing and they've turned out great! Thanks so much for this you guys!

Your welcome! :3

@Danne The Waiting lists, will always be open, unless I change the title and put a huge slash on the waiting list! smile.gif Well... then I would make a waiting waiting list.... o.o Lets hope it doesn't get that far xd.png

My teacher hasn't PMed me yet

I think she is about to Pm you smile.gif Or has pmed you by now :3 If she doesn't tell me smile.gif

TitiMini hasent PM'ed me yet...

O.o

One problem... sad.gif She is going inactive so I am very sorry and we need confirmation... but sadly... we might need another teacher replacement. (Please do NOT pm us saying you can be a teacher replacement or Post here). We still need confirmation that she isn't gonna continue.

Me, me, me...

Username: Egwenna

How often can you be online? on and off several times a day, uninterupted after 8pm eastern time til about 11pm

Which classes do you want to take? um.. ultimately, all of them

I have Paint, but I tend to scan paper and pencil sketches into Photoshop to clean up. I have GIMP, but don't know how to use it.. and a tablet that I'm also not skilled with.

Edited by egwenna

Sorry for the lack of information >.> The teachers are PM'ing their students if they haven't been in contact, and it is still open!