elderberrysyrup

Summoning Discussion ver2.0

What did you use to successfully summon?  

1,588 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At long last, I finally got my first one. Hopefully the 2nd won't be quite as ornery.

Was there an update about summoning chance? If so, can you explain that to my trios? Because they keep summonfail like ever dry.gif

* picks some brownies

I've been trying every two weeks since it became available, and still no success. I'm happy for those who got one or two, but this is getting ridiculous. I suspect a lot simply give up along the way (I know three who have) and that's really no fun.

I'm not giving up, but tbh it's not with a smile on my face I'll keep clicking on 'summon', because I know I'll inadvertently be disappointed every time. The ratio is off, I think. Like so many other ratios at the moment. TJ can of course do whatever he wants with the ratios and we're lucky he's even bothering with the site at all (and doing it as greatly as he is) but in this area... it's failing just as much as the bi-weekly summons.

Failed again. Why am I not surprised? xd.png

Exactly the same here...

Try #43...

Your magma, thunder, and ice dragons attempt to use their power to summon an egg, but they are not successful.

1/43 (first GON on try #22)

Somethings just don't seem to change.

Failbrownies with cream cheese icing, anyone?

I've been trying every two weeks since it became available, and still no success. I'm happy for those who got one or two, but this is getting ridiculous. I suspect a lot simply give up along the way (I know three who have) and that's really no fun.

This ^. I've been trying since I've been able to, which is only since January, I think, but when I see people who have been trying for years, it really deflates my hope. At this point, I'm no longer trying because I'm tired of getting the same, predictable fail message every two weeks. [/selfpityparty]

Good luck to all of those who are still trying, though. My fingers are crossed for everyone. smile.gif

This ^. I've been trying since I've been able to, which is only since January, I think, but when I see people who have been trying for years, it really deflates my hope. At this point, I'm no longer trying because I'm tired of getting the same, predictable fail message every two weeks. [/selfpityparty]

Good luck to all of those who are still trying, though. My fingers are crossed for everyone. smile.gif

Ah, but if you continue to try (fail), you can pop in here every two weeks for brownies and commiseration, and perhaps even see 1 (or 2) successes to cheer you on to future attempts. Such ( tongue.gif ) fun!!

Ah, but if you continue to try (fail), you can pop in here every two weeks for brownies and commiseration, and perhaps even see 1 (or 2) successes to cheer you on to future attempts. Such ( tongue.gif ) fun!!

laugh.gif True that! Maybe I shouldn't give up so easily when brownies are involved.

Edited by fainewebbe

Just got my second Summoned egg. Now to decide if I want to keep as a hatchling of let it grow to an adult.

Good luck to those still trying for you first or second egg.

Fail x3

I don't want to wait 15 days to use it again! They should really change the cool down since summoning seems to more times than not end in a fail... IMO

I'm convinced TJ is just sitting behind the computer, laughing his arse off at the failed summoners.

After years of trying, it's freakin' ridiculous. Not even ONE success yet.

I swear he put a "block successes" on my scroll...

Another summon on the 8th. Can't wait to see that "failed to summon" message again. -.-

Another fail for me to, at least I got one.

Just posting for a friend I know, as it's really rustled my jimmys.

She's summoned 4 times

She got one after her 3RD TRY

SHE GOT ANOTHER STRAIGHT AFTER ON 4TH TRY

EDIT: My rate is questionable, as I forgot to keep track after being inactive, and the other thread was deleted, but my guess is 28 times. My latest summon was successful, making my success rate 1/28. Will I follow my friends root on the 2nd of May? Unlikely.

Edited by Drawin

Another summon, another fail! I am not sure how many this is for me now. I know I am in my third year of summoning. laugh.gif

Brownies are no longer helping. sad.gif

Annnnd.... yet another failure! *sets off sparklers*

So. I have a theory.

Possibly a crazy theory and it may condemn me entirely to the funny farm, but here it is:

The more you want a GON, the more determined the system will be to thwart you. Because the system is evil.

Therefore, if we all anticipate and WANT more failures (e.g. "Thank goodness! That's one more free space for the next drop!" or "Great! Now I don't have to be constantly checking on it every day! Whoo!") then the system will automatically shift its diabolical scheme and give us all the GON we are shooting for.

So the obvious conclusion is thus: The happier we are and the more we celebrate the failures, the more irked the system will become. Because remember, the system hates happiness. And it will move all the faster to give us the GON so we can 'stop' being 'happy'.

That is my plan. I've been attempting for the last 3 tries now, and nothing has been produced, but I'm waiting for the system to gradually build up hate against my happiness at all the failures. It's like inertia, you see, you have to let it build over time.

I will keep you all posted!

(Because if this mad idea doesn't work, I am so screwed.)

So with that said.... anyone want some cake to celebrate their failures? 8D It's got frosted flowers~

Edited by Dragon Mage

And on the first of May, Nine fail summoned again that day. It came as no surprise, optimism had long ago met its demise.

0/6

What great fun sleep.gif

And the worst part is I still get excited every time I see the option, which makes the inevitable fail all the more crushing. Brownies please?

Annnnd.... yet another failure! *sets off sparklers*

So. I have a theory.

Possibly a crazy theory and it may condemn me entirely to the funny farm, but here it is:

The more you want a GON, the more determined the system will be to thwart you. Because the system is evil.

Therefore, if we all anticipate and WANT more failures (e.g. "Thank goodness! That's one more free space for the next drop!" or "Great! Now I don't have to be constantly checking on it every day! Whoo!") then the system will automatically shift its diabolical scheme and give us all the GON we are shooting for.

This won't work, I tried that attitude during my first year of summoning and still have yet to get my first GoN.

Nine, I love your rhyme; it cheered me from my summonfail this time smile.gif.

And the worst part is I still get excited every time I see the option

That wears off after the first year and a half or so, if it's any consolation. :V