Danniphantom

New Emoticons

I don't really want to have to go through hundreds of emotes which people have absolutely spammed a topic with for example:

I went to the park today! biggrin.gif It was really fun, my friend fell in the pond. xd.png She thought I had pushed her so she was mad.gif which made me sad.gif but oh well wink.gif I don't mind smile.gif

It's really irritating when people do this! I just want to hit someone >.>

I like the idea, but maybe there should also be an option to toggle off viewing the emoticons.

Another thing: X D shouldn't automatically show up as xd.png Maybe there should be coding like :X D: without the space because when I type a little happy face, I don't really want some little yellow dude looking like he's high ( biggrin.gif )

(Edited for fail spelling)

Edited by Angel of the Inferno

The smiley set TJ has, has quite a few others with it. I've always been fond of this one.

user posted image

And this one

user posted image

Look at Smiley collection one and you'll see many that match this sites

Poke Smiley Collection 1

I hate most of the smileys/emoticons, I think some people get carried away. For those who do not like them but do not want to turn off images here is what I do. If you are using Firefox and adblock you can right click and block that particular image. I also use it on certain signature images that I can't stand, or that have movement that gives me a headache. I am not really for adding more smileys/emoticons, I think there are more then enough.

I hate most of the smileys/emoticons, I think some people get carried away. For those who do not like them but do not want to turn off images here is what I do. If you are using Firefox and adblock you can right click and block that particular image. I also use it on certain signature images that I can't stand, or that have movement that gives me a headache. I am not really for adding more smileys/emoticons, I think there are more then enough.

Oh, wow, actually didn't know that. That's helpful. But a setting for the forum that does the same thing would be better.

Hrmmm... I'd like a couple more- a nicer angry one, a crying one, and maybe a dead one. That'd be funny.

This one is cool, though. alot.png

O_O Do want that one.

Carp, spam, and Saruon's Eye are the ones I vote to be added first. x3

Do want too!

The other forum I frequent has an embarrassed blushing smilie (user posted image) and an exasperated sighing smilie (user posted image) and I am eternally trying to put them into my posts here. I'd very much love something similar for DC! (In other words, more smilies please!)

Edit: You guys know that there is a way to turn off smilies, at least in your own posts, right? Just uncheck "enable emoticons;" it's right beneath the text box where you type in your post.

See? XD:):D-_-^_^

Edited by Danne

Some of us just don't want to see smilies at all. I use the "turn off emoticons" all the time.

I think that there should be a better emoticon for being speechless. Because ohmy.gif isn't all that speechless looking it just looks confused.

I don't think adding more smilies will cause people to use more of them.

I don't think adding more smilies will cause people to use more of them.

I think this is a very good point. If someone's going to smilie spam their post, it's not going to matter if they have 15 smilies to choose from or 150 -- they'll still be sticking smilies every other sentence, there'll just be more variety.

Well, along that point, does it really matter if you are blocking the image for them anyway? Wether it's animated or not, you still won't be seeing it more than once.

I think instead of adding more smilies, we should get other ones that replace these ones. Like this or something like that. Just a different style. And no MSN ones, 'cause I hate those default ones. mad.gif

EDIT: is it even possible to change them? O.O

Edited by lachrymation

I'd like new emoticons, but I don't mind if they don't get added. Just no more animated ones. Add some for when you have to click Show All to find them.

We should add more Hyperbole and a Half emotes. :V

Like these:

user posted imageuser posted image

(We don't need happy faces because DC forums is drama-ful and never happy)

Example usage:

WHAAAAT??!?! Teleport means I can't control HELD EGGS??!?! user posted image

_Z_'s reading the same thread as me... I hope I don't get banned.... user posted image

My dragons for my UberShinyfulAwesomeSauce lineage just refused user posted image

Like these:

Example usage:

_Z_'s reading the same thread as me... I hope I don't get banned.... user posted image

My dragons for my UberShinyfulAwesomeSauce lineage just refused user posted image

LOL. Oh yes please. <333

Like these:

Example usage:

Add these smilies and I'll stop being such a grumpy ol lady and change my vote. I still don't like posts cluttered up with smilies, but I LOVE hyperbole and a half.

or maybe we could just keep the original emoticons, and have a thread that has the new ones people want to use with the Picture URL so they can use it anytime, byt copy and pasting it with .

or maybe we could just keep the original emoticons, and have a thread that has the new ones people want to use with the Picture URL so they can use it anytime, byt copy and pasting it with .

Meh. That's a big pain. Kinda defeats the point of having an easy-to-use smily if it's not easy to use.