Stunningfire

Silverwing

It's been a while since I've read it, but I remember I really liked it. :> Opinions? Critiques?

Same with me! Been a long time, but I remember that I liked this.

A lot.

Kenneth Oppel is a great author!

But, liek, I liked Silverwing, Sunwing, and Firewing a lot better than Darkwing.

I mean, what was that about? Introducing something before...pshh...I got my hopes up that it was something that came after Firewing.

But NOOO, it's a prequel that has to do with Chiropters.

There's a Darkwing? o.O

So anyway, Firewing totally threw me off the edge. I was like WHOA, BAT GODS! X3 I read Silverwing in third grade, I remembered I liked it, so I went back and read it again in fifth grade. I freaked out when I found out there was two sequels, so I read those, and it totally changed my prospect of the books. =P

Darkwing's the new prequel about a prehistoric species called Chiropters--they glide, don't fly, but they look the same as bats.

Later on, a little bat discovers that he can fly, and then he gets the birds and the owls angry because they want the sky to themselves.

So then, yeah, the story picks up

It's basically how the species of "bat" was created.

Ah, I see. Cool. happy.gif

What do you think about the sound blocks and stuff? I thought it was way over the top.

Sound blocks?

*blanks out*

If you're talking about the illusions of sound, and the breaking of things with sound, then yes, that was way overplayed and overdone.

._. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

My friends used to worship Silverwing, before tey moved on to other series. Whenever I said that, they used to start arguing. madly.

But I bet they still would worship it if Ibrought it up xd.png

Love Silverwing and Sunwing, Firewing was... eh. Not bad, but it felt out of place. Depends on how it's handled, if it's ever resolved.

Darkwing... well, Darkwing came to me in a very dark period of my (literary) life, when I was not picking up anything new. It became one of the few books I just could not put down and absolutely devoured, it was that flipping good. Silverwing was fairly easy to get into, but my GOD, did I ever get absorbed into Darkwing. It just... it really felt like you were back there, and I loved the speculation and struggle between one's changing nature and... damn it, now I regret not getting it at a bookstore when I had the chance, I want to read it again right now!

Of the four, I have to say Darkwing is the best, but they are all extremely good.

I liked them all, pretty much, though I like Silverwing and Darkwing more than Sunwing, and Sunwing more than Firewing.

I thought the bat-underworld thing was a stretch.

Oh.. This is the first series of books in my at home library.. I loved this series. Although I didn't like Firewing.. It was boring for me, and of course I hated Phoenix or whatever his name was.

I'm picky with books, never mind the fact that I just went to the bookstore today and bought Eragon, Wolves of the Beyond: Shadow Wolf, Cirque Du Freak: The Vampires assistant, Hatchet, and Skyclans Destiny..

>.>

<.<

I read them a while ago, and really enjoyed them. I still have the first book, too.

Love Silverwing and Sunwing, Firewing was... eh. Not bad, but it felt out of place. Depends on how it's handled, if it's ever resolved.

Agreed.

Wow, if Darkwing's that good... /runs to the library

/silence

/still sitting in chair

I saw the show... then decided I had to read the books. :B I've read the first one so far. -dusts off the others-

So far, it does seem so different from the show. I like thinking of them as more simply bat-like than anthro, as the show had them.

...Silverwing helped me meet my now-ex xd.png Lulz. We're both damn near bat-furries.

There's a show?

Oh yeah. I never liked bats until I read the books. Whole different perspective.

TV show... apparently Canadian. You can see em all on Youtube, that's how I found em.

I always loved bats, that's how I got into Silverwing in the first place. c: Yee.

I also like the difference... It's not wolf, cat, mice, or any of those usual critters. :I

Ah. /runs to Youtube

Very true. I love how the author managed not to use colors, I never noticed. He's really good at describing things through sound.

I loved this series. I read Silverwing in my school library when I was in... what, third or fourth grade? I thought it was fantastic and nice ending, what a simple plot, put it down and didn't think of it again.

Then at my town library in fifth grade I noticed Firewing on a low shelf, picked it up because it struck memories, and became intrigued. The library's copy of Sunwing had been checked out, so I read it out of order: Silverwing first, then Firewing and Sunwing. Never read Darkwing, I'd like to though. Out of the three I've read I think I like Sunwing the best. The sound powers sounded pretty unique to me.

The TV series... uaagh. I've seen screenshots of it, don't want to see any more. Have you seen how ridiculous their hair is? Even the owls have weird anime hair for Nocturna's sake.

The TV series... uaagh. I've seen screenshots of it, don't want to see any more. Have you seen how ridiculous their hair is? Even the owls have weird anime hair for Nocturna's sake.

Herpaderp. cx Goth sounds like a bad knockoff of Antonio Banderas. And Throbb is like the Baba Looey to his Quick Draw McGraw. |D

While it is just dorky and silly as hell, but I still like it. Just for a cartoon.

I think I may start reading Sunwing soon... If only to just finish the books...

I have to get my hands on Darkwing... just have to.

Sure, the sound powers were unique, but just... crazy.

Agreed.

Wow, if Darkwing's that good... /runs to the library

/silence

/still sitting in chair

Yes, it really is that good. It's a bit of a brick of a book, but filled with wonderful writing and some fantastic pictures, though the art may only be in the hardcover. I don't know.

Okay, can anyone give me a brief description of each book? I know I read the one with Phoenix, but I've forgotten the titles and I need to know if there's another to read.

I prefer pictures made of words, but...X3

Hey, what was that girl bat's name again? Started with an M, I think...

I prefer pictures made of words, but...X3

Hey, what was that girl bat's name again? Started with an M, I think...

Marina |D She always annoyed me...

Well, god forbid there's ever any female character that isn't the prissy princess caught in a castle... or a complete know-it-all betch. |D Marina fits the latter, seems to dabble in the former.