fireball225

Halloween Dragon Names

I worked hard to figure out names for my Shadow Walkers. Now that I've done a test breeding to see if they'll even try next year and found out they won't go near each others, I don't even care to name them now. I've never been lucky. I don't know what I was thinking to only get two. *sigh*

I worked hard to figure out names for my Shadow Walkers. Now that I've done a test breeding to see if they'll even try next year and found out they won't go near each others, I don't even care to name them now. I've never been lucky. I don't know what I was thinking to only get two. *sigh*

They will ALWAYS refuse until next year's Halloween breeding season as you cannot breed second gen purebred Shadow Walkers out-of-season. Like if you try breeding two Marrows now, the dragons will refuse even if they have produced together before this Halloween. Right now, the tricky question is whether this refusal between your Shadow Walkers will stick come next Halloween :C

Named some more of my Shadow Walkers:

Liberate

Mistrust

...Tempted to move 'Mistborn' from my Geode onto one of my Walkers. Brandon Sanderson anyone? xd.png

I named one of my shadowwalkers Edgewalker. I was a little surprised it was free.

Pumpkins:

I love Pumpkins, Moar Pumpkins, Jack's Lantern, Pumpkinata, I love my Pumpkin, Huge Pumpkin, Hollowed-Out Pumpkin, I like my Pumpkin, Little-Pumpkin, Small Pumpkin, Lettle-Pumpkin

Marrows:

Black-Marrow, Sable-Marrow, Sun Marrow, Black and White Marrow, Dark Marrow, Sable Marrow, Flaming Marrow, Valentine's Marrow, Small Marrow, Little-Marrow, Lettle Marrow

Ghosts:

Shadow Walker Dragon, Haunting Ghost Dragon, Haunting Dragon, Shadow-Walker Dragon, Shadow-Walker, Spoooky, Unspotable

Zombies:

Zombie-Dragon, Stone Zombie, Small Zombie

Yes, I'm not very creative in naming dragons...

I have a shadow with a cide PooAE. any suggestions?

If you go with Poe names, there are lots of cool two- or three-word combos in his poems. (I've used a couple myself!) Maybe you could consider some variation of: Annabelle Lee, Silken Sad, Plutonian Shore, Night's Shore, Waking Dream, Luminous Eyes, Visions of Night, Ill Angel, Black Throne, Noontide of Summer, Drowned in Tears, Full-Orbed Moon, Spirit on the Wing, Sweet Hour, Calm Time, Wearied Light, Demon in my View, Lonely Spirit, Vast Shadow, Pilgrim Shadow, Funeral Pall, Tale of Terror, Solemn Thought.

Just some ideas! smile.gif

If you go with Poe names, there are lots of cool two- or three-word combos in his poems.  (I've used a couple myself!)  Maybe you could consider some variation of:  Annabelle Lee, Silken Sad, Plutonian Shore, Night's Shore, Waking Dream, Luminous Eyes, Visions of Night, Ill Angel, Black Throne, Noontide of Summer, Drowned in Tears, Full-Orbed Moon, Spirit on the Wing, Sweet Hour, Calm Time, Wearied Light, Demon in my View, Lonely Spirit, Vast Shadow, Pilgrim Shadow, Funeral Pall, Tale of Terror, Solemn Thought. 

Just some ideas!  smile.gif

Oh my good lord those names are beautiful.

Literature/poetry nut right here.

/edit, I took "Plutonian Shore". Too gorgeous to resist when I saw it wasn't taken.

Edited by Trikonasana

As for the Shadow Walkers, I'm not 100% sure if I'll stick to the surname I've given them now, which is "Jeverssand".

It's the name of a place from a story where there is a horse skeleton that is said to become alive at night, and when one day the story's main character buys a sick looking white horse from a stranger, the skeleton is suddenly gone and only appears again years later, after the man and his horse have died. (Shortest summary of "Der Schimmelreiter" ever? :P )

I think given that context, the name is quite fitting. Only the word itself doesn't sound good enough.  <_<  (Or does it?)

I think "Jeverssand" sounds rather nice. c: Or rather, looks nice in text as I don't know how it sounds.

@Kelkelen - I just took Drowned In Tears. <3

Mine are:

Hiroru

Kinnen

Mirabella

Twisp

Tiometh

KaiaBelle

and Will O' The Wisps

Nothing very Halloweenie in there, but -shrug-

My Pumpkins are named after Pumpkin inspired desserts (i.e. Pumpkin spice cookie, pumpkin rolls, etc.). Marrows sort of a hodge podge of naming schemes. And my Shadow Walker males are named using Halloween quotes while my females are named for old Ghost movies.

For my pumpkin I couldn't resist doing a little tribute to Jack Skellington the Pumpkin King only since it's a girl, I used her code to create different first name. Hence Jivja the Pumpkin Queen.

My new marrows were code-based names mostly(involving Halloweeny themes.) Horrix comes from the code Horr6, which I thought was cleverly close to Horror, but since that name is taken, I chopped up the word Six, taking the ending. Horrix. Sami's daughter Rosalba's was a private double tribute more or less coming from two Italian words.

Pelseo was code named as well, but Platacchi's name is derived from "silver eyes" which fit the description I gave her. Finally, Caledahia's name is dry ice in Welsh, a name I thought of because of the mists surrounding the sprite.

Edited by Pinkie

Marrows: Bereavement, Appalling, Haunting Requiem, and Osteoporosis.

Pumpkins: Pumpkin Guts and Queen of the Pumpkin Patch.

Shadow Walkers: Sheikah, Lonely Road, Ghost of a Smile, Ghastly Shade, Nightwraith, and Shadow Folk.

finally named my Shadows

Immateriality from Ksew's Farm Adult (f)

Ghostly Shadow from Ksew's Farm Adult (m)

Mystic Shadow from Ksew's Farm Frozen f Hatchling

Halloween Ghost from Ksew's Farm Frozen m Hatchling

Finally! I've got three lovely pairs of Shadow Walkers, and they're all named after eerie poetry:

SharpShadows + WhiteRoses

MidnightDreary + BleakDecember

GhostlyGalleon + SilverRibbon

So, so happy!

Also, two Pumpkins: Punqe (code QePun) and Pumpkin Leaf Rag, both fitting my 'musical naming' scheme with my pygmies.

And one Marrow: Song of Sorrow. (Next year, I shall have to find her a lovely 2nd gen mate!)

I named all my shadow walkers names of Pokémon shadow moves and some moves with word 'shadow' or 'walk' like shadow punch, Shadow Ball xd.png

My pumpkins are named after Harry Potter and halloween treats.

Males: Butterbeer, Jack of the Lantern, Pumpkin Cakes, Rumkin Tart

Females: Cauldron Cakes, Elderflower Wine, Honeydukes, Gingerwine, PumpKin Juice.

My marrows have no specific theme, but are dark and suiting to the breed I think.

Males: Aramis, D'Artagnan, Deathmark Legacy, Lionheart Maverick, Samhain Haunting, Toxic Treat.

Female: Bitterheart Witch, Emery, Merle, Scorched Rusilk

My shadow walkers are Milady/Milord [shadow/Ghost/Spirit in a different Language or meaning of a name]

Males: Milord Donovan, Milord Ombra, Milord Scath, Milord Schatten, Milord Vari

Females: Milady Aave, Milady Autumn, Milady Fantasma, Milady Rajani, Milady Sjena

All names are followed by da Noite.

Edited by Bloodyrose13

My names are:

Shadow Walkers: A'ssahra (f), Farrin (m), and Sinnaeris (m) [Don't ask me how I came up with them because I haven't the faintest idea. I sorta just typed random letters until I got something that sounded/looked right.]

Black Marrows: Mortac (m) and Mortica (f) [i didn't plan on them being so similar... I realized it the next day]

Pumpkin: Caleain (m) [What the heck that means I have no clue.]

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I made out like a bandit with my Halloween haul this year, and almost have the naming finished.

Pumpkin names that are set: Spice Cake Sweetie, Nyala Revalla, Nepenthe De Knight Time, Atlantic Giant Harvest, Freda Bell Hex. I have one who is still waiting for her perfect name.

My Marrows: Pure Marrow Joy, Pure Malevolence, Judith D'Frill-Marrow, Frilled To The Marrow, Etta Peppermint Frak, Vexing Malevolence, Mouldering Glow of Rainy Req, Crocus De Sangre, Gyps Fulvus, The Demon Barber, Marrow Stone and Little Yggdrasil. biggrin.gif

and finally, my Shadows: The Shadow of Halloween Past, The Shadow of Halloween Present, The Shadow of Halloween Future, The Shadow of Cyclops, The Shadow of Chickens Past, Shadow Spirit Joli, Shadow Of Illusion and Shadow Of A Dream.

wub.gif