fireball225

Halloween Dragon Names

I sort of named mine based on its parents' names. One was Pi r square and the other was punkin' pi, so I named it "Punkin' pi r round." (Pumpkin pie are round). That sort of takes into account an inside joke I have with one of my RL friends. It's a bit lengthier than I'd usually like, but I couldn't think of a satisfying shorter variation.

My pumpkins are all named after medieval grimoires; and what about new ones, I prefer to watch TJ's dragons grow up, and then invent some naming theme.

The names will probably not be decided on for mine until tonight when TJ's should be grown up. I don't every name something new until I know what it is and whether it works for any of my projects.

I don't think I'll be incorporating the bone element into my naming. The adults are amazing looking, but they ARE still Halloween beasts so we'll see what I can come up with.

Amazing job, artists!! biggrin.gif

I'm not too original.

I named mine:

HALLOWEEN 2010

HALLOWEEN Trick

HALLOWEEN Treat

HALLOWEEN costume

Named one of my babies Grave Consequence. Still thinking of names for the others.

First two are Wicked Trick and Wicked Treat

Naming block for the next two, will hope for inspiration laugh.gif

non gender specific names take me longer----

I suck at finding names lately...so after I got the bizzare idea of naming one of my to-be-adult Black Marrows "Essence of Terror", I started playing with the Saurian translator.

I ended up with "R'cusb Muhhen" for the other one, which is "Black Marrow" with an apostrophe because I thought it looked better that way, and "Dawxk ev Xuccenood" which means "Night of Halloween" for the hatchling I'm planning to freeze.

...at least they're original, right? Sort of. ._.

One of them is gonna be called 'The Gloamglozer'! Edge Chronicles anyone?

Haven't decided for the other 3 yet but something suitably awesome biggrin.gif

EDIT: Yay managed to snag 'Medulla Ossium' which is the latin for bone marrow!

Edited by Lunaeluu

I've named my three first ones Marvelous Marrow, Black Beastie and Marrowlicious. The last one is an egg for about an hour more, so that one has obviously not been named yet. Don't know quite what I'll call it yet either.

Probably not going too giving them names. Besides one of my ridgewings, I havnen't named anyone of them for ages.

I'm terrible at names anyway, so I guess it's for the best anyway tongue.gif

Named the one I caught during the very first drop at 12AM, Midnight's Ebon Blood.

Hugs little hatchie.

I've named my three first ones Marvelous Marrow, Black Beastie and Marrowlicious. The last one is an egg for about an hour more, so that one has obviously not been named yet. Don't know quite what I'll call it yet either.

My last one has hatched now, and I named it Blackoween. A mix of "black" and "halloween", that is.

Well since they're like buzzards/vultures in so far as dragons can be, I'd like to come up with a definitely creepy version for each of my three. I haven't decided specifically yet and am still turning it over in my mind.

I named mine as soon as they hatched.

The first one I caught I named "Macabre Danseur" because Saint-Saëns' Danse Macabre was playing when I caught him.

The other three were named for some lyrics from Emerson, Lake & Palmers' rendition of Moussourgski's "Pictures at an Exhibition." They didn't just play the music, they added lyrics to it; in my dragons' particular case, it was lyrics from "The Great Gate of Kiev:"

"No ending to my life

No beginning to my death

DEATH IS LIFE!"

(Oddly enough, I'm using that argument for their inclusion in the FIfth Element breeding project)

Edited by Xocowolf

Of my four pumpkin eggs, two were gifts, so I am naming them after the gifters.

One I got as a FFA, and one I got as a trade, so I'm not sure what I'll name them.

I already have ideas for the new Marrow dragons, but I'm gonna wait until I've named them so the names don't get taken tongue.gif

I named mine as soon as they hatched. I named them:

Shukuchi

Bloodrage

Soul Catcher

Chronosphere tongue.gif

My little hatchie (named just moments ago) is Corpsetaker Bonethief. The first part is the name of a character in one of my favourite book series (from which several of my other dragons also take their names) and the other part just seemed appropriate for a scavenger. My pumpkins are named after their parents and are called Lucja Ormr and Aisn inghean Celebathien.

Edited by LascielsShadow

named mine Bleak Morrow, Bleakest Night, and Bone Morrow. The first, a play on the breed's name, the second, similar to the first's, and the last, after the name had been revealed and I didn't have to not cheer that the Black Marrows were being released.

Thus far, mine are Lady Macabre and King of the Macabre. Not sure what I'll name the others.