Crisis

American Politics

We liked the bit about the horses... xd.png

KageSora - that's great !!!

Does US military still use horses and bayonets?

Yes they do.

http://news.yahoo.com/presidential-debate-...-212219196.html

Yes, but he was correct that they have fewer. His point was that military technology is evolving, and he's right.

The "horses and bayonets" phrasing was a bit of a humorous dig at Romney's dressage horses tax dodge. Richly deserved, since Romney constantly puts down poor people for not paying more taxes than they are legally entitled to pay, and he's a rich person who uses tax dodges to get out of paying his fair share.

Anyway, the internet got the joke and apparently thought it was funny, since it's become a meme already. smile.gif

Yes, but he was correct that they have fewer. His point was that military technology is evolving, and he's right.

The "horses and bayonets" phrasing was a bit of a humorous dig at Romney's dressage horses tax dodge. Richly deserved, since Romney constantly puts down poor people for not paying more taxes than they are legally entitled to pay, and he's a rich person who uses tax dodges to get out of paying his fair share.

Anyway, the internet got the joke and apparently thought it was funny, since it's become a meme already. smile.gif

Yup ! Thanks !

And a post from a SOLDIER in the comments on that page:

We trained with bayonets in basic, but never saw one any time I deployed. I assume our arms room sergeant had them somewhere and I had a separate knife for hand to hand combat, but if the enemy got that close I just reached for my 9.

But these debates only seem to be about point-scoring. It's all very sad.

Edited by fuzzbucket

But these debates only seem to be about point-scoring. It's all very sad.

I agree. It's the way it's set up, I think. :/ Neither candidate really gets a chance to clearly state their platform's key issues.

I agree. It's the way it's set up, I think. :/ Neither candidate really gets a chance to clearly state their platform's key issues.

I don't actually think Romney wants to - it makes it harder for him to keep changing his mind without someone NOTICING xd.png

I have to assume that the right's need to focus the post debate discussion on an actual count of horses and bayonets is an attempt to avoid the fact that - OMG! Mitt Romney practically turned into Obama. WTH was that? He might have just as well said nothing and then ended the debate with, "My name is Mitt Romney and I approved this message."

Frankly, after the debate, I'm left with the feeling that I differ more with the president on foreign policy than Romney does.

Edited by skauble

Giggles helplessly.

or

this version

Like WOW what an ANNOUNCEMENT..... I feel I know so much more now...

...not. xd.png

Political parties need to start reserving the right to kick people out. Seriously, unless he's a closet Democrat, one has to wonder why he keeps working so hard to ensure that Republicans have a harder time getting elected.

Oh Twitter, sometimes I love you:

You're all going to feel really dumb when Trump was right and Obama actually graduated from the University of Phoenix online.

-----

Our expectations about @realDonaldTrump's Obama announcement were clearly not low enough.

-----

Somewhere right now, Barack Obama is laughing so hard milk is coming out of his nose.

-----

NOT BREAKING: Donald Trump releases edited video of himself shouting nonsense at a camera

-----

Amused that Donald Trump is essentially doing a "philantrophic" version of the Joker's moral experiments in The Dark Knight.

-----

Donald Trump calls Obama the "least transparent President in history." Right, because we've all seen James Polk's college application.

-----

Donald Trump is quickly becoming the least entertaining Bond villain ever.

-----

"It is not the policy of the United States government to negotiate with Donald Trump."

Edited by skauble

Somewhere right now, Barack Obama is laughing so hard milk is coming out of his nose.

And tea nearly came out of mine. xd.png

GOP, WHAT EVEN ARE YOU ANY MORE?

We'll all be so much better knowing the President's freshman PoliSci grades. It's so much more relevant than Romney's tax returns. /sarcasm

I liked this tweet too, on a different but related matter:

https://twitter.com/labrow/status/261146153897320448/photo/1

Can we get Mittens's college grades too? Looks like he failed Geography.

Edit: does Donald Trump even HAVE $5mil of his own right now? How many times has that guy declared bankruptcy and then swindled his way to fortune again?

Edited by inlaterdays

Okay, after all of the intensity of the campaign, I have to admit that the silliness is a nice break.

user posted image

More tweets:

Romney's tax returns are showing up in more and more tweets since Trump announcement.

-----

Hey Trump! Keep trying to use money to get THE PRESIDENT to do pointless stuff. Maybe if you mix all the condiments together he'll drink it!

-----

I like that in Trump's offer, the ****ty thing he has to do is "give money to charity."

-----

MY YUUUGE ANNOUNCEMENT: I will donate $5 million to charity if Donald #Trump gives me $6 million.

-----

BREAKING: Donald Trump demands to know what medical school Dr. Dre went to

-----

Hello advertisers? I'll be checking out who supports Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice."

-----

Idea for a reality series in which Donald Trump is dropped on a desert island and ... that's it.

-----

“If at any point you seriously considered Donald Trump for president, please study the error of your ways in quiet, private contemplation,”

-----

“Today’s Gallup poll will be completely useless, since it will have been entirely conducted before the Trump offer.”

-----

“Trump’s genius plan. Trap Obama into releasing his transcripts. Then blast him as an “elitist” when he is shown to have earned straight As.”

-----

Even if Obama meets Trump's demands, it will probably take Trump forever toupee.

OH MY GOD THE PINKY. xd.png

My friend just retweeted this: "I demand that Mitt Romney announce the species of demon he is and that Donald Trump admit that his wig is a hovercraft."

Some days I love the internet.

Obama really needs to start his own clothing collection, with his birth certificate, passport and college records printed on t-shirts.

Thing is, the Republicans DID kick people out. They kicked out the moderates, some incumbents and created a vacuum of power. They thought it would get filled with upright, strong people. But how many of the people that rushed into the gaps are all shades of extreme, opportunistic or fake? Given how many snafu's they've been in over rape comments just in the last year it doesn't look very pretty.

Oh gosh. I can't even. xd.png Donald Trump. At least he's good for the laughs. I mean, his face is creepy, his clothing line is overpriced, and he's the most ignorant person as far as social issues go... the epitome of the stereotypical Republican.

The Democratic party solution to the Republican party: Do nothing. They're doing an excellent job of sinking their own battleship, reportedly named for a certain famous ship that sank on its maiden voyage. They don't really need any more help. (Well okay- they ARE actually actively doing things but c'mon...with representatives like this? Do they really have to? >.>)

Really now- how DO we get morons like this into places of power? I don't like either candidate but with everything spewing out every time a Republican opens their mouth, I'd probably vote Obama just to keep Romney out. >.> And I'm one of the Americans all of those stimulus plans and so forth didn't do a thing for.

Not to mention their constantly bringing up comments in regards to God and so forth whenever the rape issue comes up. Y'know, last time I looked, we had a certain clause about Separation of Church and State...hmm.

Edited by Kyrieath

So, apparently this is an official photo being used to try and make it seem like Mitt got a much bigger turnout in Nevada.

...Please, tell me that it's not true. Just LOOK at it, holy crap whoever did that has no clue how to use photoshop.

So, apparently this is an official photo being used to try and make it seem like Mitt got a much bigger turnout in Nevada.

...Please, tell me that it's not true. Just LOOK at it, holy crap whoever did that has no clue how to use photoshop.

OH

MY

GOD.....

That's awesome and VERY funny. In a sick kind of way....

...Please, tell me that it's not true.  Just LOOK at it, holy crap whoever did that has no clue how to use photoshop.

... What.

WHAT.

Pffft that's the worst thing I have ever seen. ;w; It took me a couple of seconds to realize what was wrong, but when I noticed the roof... oh man. XD

Edited by Switch

It's hilarious. I know 12-year-olds who can use Photoshop better than that, and I'm completely serious.

Sometimes it's almost like Romney's campaign is TRYING to shoot him in the foot.

What bugs me is this complete and utter lack of even trying to hide the lying, cheating, and fakery going on in this election. In politics you expect that there's going to be a certain amount of underhandedness, but usually the people who are engaging in that work hard to cover it up.

These days, however, it's just all out in the open. It disturbs me because A. I think that many of these people believe that they have a moral right to circumvent the process and basically nullify the reason that the country exists (all while playing the patriot card), and B. I'd almost rather have a person who was competent enough to pull of a lie well in office as opposed to someone so incompetent that they can't even think of a minimally believable cover story.

But, most of all, I'm rather scared by how unconcerned people seem to be about it. This kind of apathy is not healthy for us.

I'm no Obama fan - in fact I feel he is the biggest farce in U.S. history and will vote for anybody but him - but that picture did make me giggle. That was already an impressive looking crowd before someone attempted (and failed miserably) to make it look bigger, which was pretty foolish. Maybe they were trying to stretch the picture for layout purposes. Still bad.

Anyone know where that picture was taken?