Crisis

American Politics

IMO it is over time that Mr.Trump gets admitted to a mental asylum (and the keys to his cell getting thrown away).

2 hours ago, RainDear said:

my opinion

OMG!!! This CANNOT be happening! Not here! Please God no! Please, please let sanity prevail.

I'm just...

Oh... my... g... what on earth??? The U.S. has gone to h e double hockey sticks.

17 minutes ago, Astreya said:

IMO it is over time that Mr.Trump gets admitted to a mental asylum (and the keys to his cell getting thrown away).

That sounds like an awesome plan.

Rioters with seeming ease taking over The Capitol Building. Hmm. If they knew it was coming, how were they so unprepared? Those poor people who just came to do their jobs. (One congresswoman told her husband last night where her will was just in case something happened!!!)

This... more than anything else, this makes me wish I'd finished uni and done something more than retail with my life. Because if I had, maybe I could qualify to move to another country. Unfortunately, most places aren't especially interested in middle-aged retail workers as immigrants.

I am so done right now it's not funny. BLM protested peacefully in front of a church and got chased off without proper warning by militarized cops with pepper spray, etc, because the idiot-in-chief wanted a photo-op. The Proud Boys break into the capitol and there's video of cops taking selfies with them. I'm done. This isn't the country I grew up in anymore. It really isn't.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=saved&v=3832850306753859

Edited by catstaff

So that's even one more death that's on Mr.Trump. It's a pity that vile persons like him don't have any conscience that would tell them how disgusting and evil they are.

I really don't understand how the Capitol was not prepared for this. How could this happen in the seat of our government? Heads should roll. (Including Prez Trump's in my humble opinion -- he needs to be removed from office immediately. He is too dangerous to leave in power!)

trump is a disciple of satan. Hate, racism and lies are all the man and his followers seem to know.

As a nation we must stand for democracy for all, not just a privileged few, for all!

At least congress is now back and finishing what they started. Let see how many Republicans still object to Biden.

Earlier I had been about to post Celebrating that Democrats took back the senate, which will enable Biden to actually be able to get things done. Knocking Mitch McConnell off his high horse. His days of obstructing progress are over.

I am sad to see this happened but not surprised at all.

Some reports would have you believe Pence is now in charge and that there is lots of talk about having Trump declared incompetent. Who knows. I hope so. Feels like forever till he is out and Biden is in. Feels like we came too close to civil war.

wishful thinking: after Congress certifies the electoral college votes for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, the House draw up articles of impeachment for trump, and the Senate removes him from the presidency.

yes please.

Yes, please.

Loved Corey Booker: We brought this h--l upon ourselves.

(And the guy behind Kelly Loeffler who rolled his eyes while she was speaking about election fraud.)

Corey Booker seemed quite emotional.

what was Kelly Loeffler doing there?  she lost her election! XD 

Trump just needs to be declared insane and removed from office immediately.  He really has lost it.  I hate to think what could happen in two weeks if he isn't removed.

Edit.  Kelly Loeffler just lost her election today.

Edited by Classycal

Just now, Classycal said:

Trump just needs to be declared insane and removed from office immediately.  He really has lost it.  I hate to think what could happen in two weeks if he isn't removed.

yes please.

also, randomly noted, Classy, that your post count is 1776.  that's a fun year in american history :D 

Just now, trystan said:

Corey Booker seemed quite emotional.

He did.

And I wondered that about her, too.

I agree, Classy. The man is deranged and dangerous.

Twitter took long enough to suspend his account.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Twitter took long enough to suspend his account.

twitter should have suspended his personal account on january 20th, 2017.  and that way, he'd have to use the official potus twitter, and a LOT of his tweets are NOT presidential.  i'm glad twitter suspended it.  now, they have to delete it.

1 hour ago, AngelsSin said:

there is lots of talk about having Trump declared incompetent.

It's sad that he needs to be declared incompetent. IMO this is easy to see for everybody (bar his death cultists)...

43 minutes ago, trystan said:

Astonishingly she decided to drop her objection against the vote result. Maybe the rats are leaving the sinking ship after all?

13 minutes ago, Astreya said:

It's sad that he needs to be declared incompetent. IMO this is easy to see for everybody (bar his death cultists)...

i could go back through my facebook for posts from 2017 as to why trump should have been declared incompetent from the get-go.  or impeached.  he's always had problems with that emoluments clause and also using the presidency for monetary gain.

18 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Maybe the rats are leaving the sinking ship after all?

they're trying to!! XD 

27 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Astonishingly she decided to drop her objection against the vote result. Maybe the rats are leaving the sinking ship after all?

They gotta save themselves. It's going to be political death to continue supporting him at this point. Though at this point I think the damage has already been done and what a lot of career politicians did (and did not do) during the last four years (and what it culminated into today) will follow them.

Edited by Mika

Seen on Twitter (one word censored by me):

Impeach, convict, remove. Do NOT let him resign. Do not invoke the 25th. Impeach! The 25th leaves taxpayers on the hook for a traitor to earn a $200k pension, $1 million annual travel budget, health benefits, secret service, and more. Impeach the ****!

Source Tweet

I can't tell if all the information is correct, but it would indeed seem absurd to give any more money and privileges to that guy after all the damage he has done.

Edited by Confused Cat

5 hours ago, TacticianLyra said:

From what I heard it was Pence that authorized the NG to move in.

...not that they did much, in the end.

From what I heard, very early on the Washington police asked for the NG and Trump refused to call them in.... and that in the end - someone else did - not sure who. Kelly Loeffler apparently came out and said she could no longer support someone who would act as Trump has. It's a START, I suppose...

Heaven help the USA.

7 hours ago, trystan said:

The transfer hasn't technically taken place yet, is all.

10 hours ago, Mika said:

They gotta save themselves. It's going to be political death to continue supporting him at this point. Though at this point I think the damage has already been done and what a lot of career politicians did (and did not do) during the last four years (and what it culminated into today) will follow them.

The problem is that the Trump death cultists (and as it appears that the four persons who were killed belonged to the mob, it shows that they are sufficiently brainwashed to go into death for him) are a sizeable number of potential voters for the Republicans, so the ruthless career Republicans will do anything to convince this voter base that they worship their false god as well.

10 hours ago, TacticianLyra said:

From what I heard it was Pence that authorized the NG to move in.

One more reason that Trump needs to get either impeached or taken off his job via this 25th amendment. He derelicts all of his duties and worse, he tramples the constitution, law and order and seems to be intent to stage a coup.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

From what I heard, very early on the Washington police asked for the NG and Trump refused to call them in.... and that in the end - someone else did - not sure who.

IIRC, the DC governor asked before the event to get support by the National Guard, but it was refused. Then the mayor asked for the NG when the violence broke out, and at first Trump installed sycophant acting defense secretary Miller refused to send them in. The governors of two other states then offered to send in their NGs. Dunno if it was them who arrives (first) or who exactly did show up in the end, though.