Crisis

American Politics

Republicans lost the election and the electoral college, thank goodness, so it's a wrap.

Trump and his delusional party of cultist need to suck it up and admit defeat. All the marches and rallies will not keep the dethroned king on his throne.

Goodbye, farewell, and amen, here's hoping to never see the likes of that dog again. 

Now you only have to hope that the Republicans lose the two senators in the Georgia senate election run-off (or how that is called).

Edited by Astreya
Why do I only see mistakes after posting?

i completely agree with you Bigbite - but i think first this needs to happen: GSA Faces Pressure to Recognize Biden as Election Winner, Hand Over Keys to Formally Start Transition (GSA = General Services Administration)

Astreya - yep, it's a run-off election. i hope both Dems win!

also - 

42 minutes ago, Astreya said:

Why do I only see mistakes after posting?

i have a "proofread first, then post" reason i use a LOT! XD 

John Bolton was on ABC News This Week this morning. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/critical-republican-leaders-explain-voters-trump-lost-election/story?id=74210290

In part, he says

Well, I think it's very important for leaders of the Republican Party to explain to our voters, who are not as stupid as the Democrats think, that in fact Trump has lost the election and his claims of election fraud are baseless.

The fact is that we've seen litigation in all the key battleground states and it has failed consistently. Right now the Trump campaign is doing the legal equivalent of pitching pennies. Where are their silver dollars? Where is the evidence?

I think as every day goes by, it's clearer and clearer there isn't any evidence. But if the Republican voters are only hearing Donald Trump's misrepresentations, it's not surprising that they believe it.

It's critical for other Republican leaders to stand up and explain what actually happened. Donald Trump lost what by any evidence we have so far was a free and fair election.

The Trump campaign simply has no evidence. Their basic argument is this was a conspiracy so vast and so successful that there's no evidence of it. Now if that's true, I really want to know who the people are who pulled this off. We need to hire them at the CIA.

I'm having a hard time believing that Trump is so stupid that he hasn't conceded yet.  By the way, not all Repubicans are idiots.  I'm a life long Republican, and I didn't vote for Trump either time.  

24 minutes ago, Classycal said:

By the way, not all Repubicans are idiots.  I'm a life long Republican, and I didn't vote for Trump either time.  

my husband is a registered Republican, and he didn't vote for trump either time either.

those who follow trump shall be called trumpists or trumpets or trumpeteers ... not Republicans

Edited by trystan
formatting

1 hour ago, Classycal said:

I'm having a hard time believing that Trump is so stupid that he hasn't conceded yet.  By the way, not all Repubicans are idiots.  I'm a life long Republican, and I didn't vote for Trump either time.  

I would have thought his stupidity was abundantly obvious since LONG before he was elected. But now he is scared ****less that he will be going to jail. And Biden has already said he does not plan to pardon people who are rightfully convicted of crimes; he will abide by the law. So he and probably also Ivanka are not looking happy.

1 hour ago, Classycal said:

I'm having a hard time believing that Trump is so stupid that he hasn't conceded yet

and stubborn

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I would have thought his stupidity was abundantly obvious since LONG before he was elected.

oh there were plenty of people who knew him in the '70s and '80s who were all WTF? when he was even elected.... but apparently trump's base, stupidity, and stubbornness are trying to be an immovable force (that's getting moved.)

and we (hubby and I) are pretty sure trump will be going from the White House to the Big House on january 20, 2021.

5 hours ago, trystan said:

you're right.  i was Putin the cart before the horse....

XD

XD

Glad to see Emily whosit finally signed off on the election results so the actual winner can get to work.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Glad to see Emily whosit finally signed off on the election results so the actual winner can get to work.

Emily whosit.  love it.

and i agree.

8 hours ago, trystan said:

we (hubby and I) are pretty sure trump will be going from the White House to the Big House on january 20, 2021.

I would really hope that the Deutsche Bank will demand the some hundred million USD he owes them right away.

8 minutes ago, Astreya said:

I would really hope that the Deutsche Bank will demand the some hundred million USD he owes them right away.

i really hope everyone who he owes money too demands it back right away!

Trump continues to insist that the election was rigged and he is the real winner. :rolleyes: But at least today he apparently said that he will leave office if the Electoral College declares that Biden is the winner. I'm sure he is still going to fight to see that that doesn't happen, but his chances are getting slimmer all the time.

Sadly I'm afraid he is going to try to leave a scorched earth behind for Biden to deal with. He still has almost two months left and he can do a lot of damage in that time and it would be just like him. January 20th cannot come soon enough!

Edited by purplehaze

22 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

he apparently said that he will leave office if the Electoral College declares that Biden is the winner.

IF.  that should be "when," which is December 14th.

but yeah, trump will not be kind in the next less-than-two months. ugh.

i agree - is it January 20th yet?

3 hours ago, trystan said:

but yeah, trump will not be kind in the next less-than-two months. ugh.

In a German satire show they expressed relief that he decided to pardon that turkey. They were worried he could have sentenced the poor thing to the oven due to his frustration about the election loss.

7 minutes ago, Astreya said:

In a German satire show they expressed relief that he decided to pardon that turkey. They were worried he could have sentenced the poor thing to the oven due to his frustration about the election loss.

yeah, i can see that.

he'll be pardoning a LOT of (not actually) turkeys between now and Jan 20, i'm sure.

10 hours ago, trystan said:

yeah, i can see that.

he'll be pardoning a LOT of (not actually) turkeys between now and Jan 20, i'm sure.

He's already pardoned Michael Flynn this week 🙃

Edited by ValidEmotions

53 minutes ago, ValidEmotions said:

He's already pardoned Michael Flynn this week 🙃

yep, that's definitely a turkey.

I can't wait for the day when I get up in the morning and don't have to ask what idiotic things trump did overnight and plans to wreak havoc on during the day. is it January 21st, 2021 yet??

And now Trump is walking back what he said yesterday. Now he says Joe Biden can only enter the White House as President if he can prove that his ridiculous 80,000,000 votes were not fraudulently or illegally obtained! Wha...???

He and his Keystone Kops lawyers can't prove fraud, so now he wants Biden to prove there was no fraud!

Edited by purplehaze

so we need to eliminate trump ASAP.  Pence won't be able to do very much in the time that's left... right?

Oh, god please don't let the U.S. have had anything to do with assassinating the Iranian scientist. This could be what triggers WWIII.

Dirty, dirty Republicans scamming Florida voters by setting up ghost Democrat candidates to steal votes from legitimate Democratic candidates causing the Democratic candidates to lose to the Republican candidates. This should be illegal and they should pay and special elections should be held for those races. Disgusting , cheating Republicans.

Edited by AngelsSin

9 minutes ago, AngelsSin said:

Oh, god please don't let the U.S. have had anything to do with assassinating the Iranian scientist. This could be what triggers WWIII.

scary times.  yikes. we don't need a nuclear war, that's for sure.

so back in 2017, i think it was, i read an article somewhere that talked about how the trumps liked living like it was still the 1980s, with the fashion and the "let's have all the money" mentality.  y'know, that's kinda fine... but please don't bring the thread of nuclear war into it.  i did that once already - in the 80s! 😮