Crisis

American Politics

Well, uh.....actually there are people who do....

Also people move to many other countries, and think everyone should learn English. The English are notorious for this, and Americans are not far behind....

I actually met a (lost) US tourist in Russia who was fulminating about a train ticket, who said angrily that if they wanted tourists they should all learn to speak English, and when I was in a very remote campsite in Slovenia, I approached the girl to pay, and apologised for not speaking her language, but said I could manage German or French or Italian at a pinch - and she said thank you so much for asking; she did actually speak all those languages, but most English people just shouted at her. Ten she saw my passport (Canadian) and said oh, that explained it. I was ashamed of my English side, I can tell you !

Whatever happened to the Global Village ? We don't need a global language... Just a bit of courtesy and a few dictionaries. If I can deal with a broken clutch (one time) and a broken wheel bearing (a separate occasion, luckily) in a language I don't speak, anyone can.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Also people move to many other countries, and think everyone should learn English. The English are notorious for this, and Americans are not far behind....

They aren't the only ones. Good luck getting an average Italian to speak with you in any language besides his own.

The funniest thing is that most people are learning English. Where I'm from, English is a mandatory subject from the first grade of elementary, to the last grade of high school. Even older people (who had Russian in schools) can use it to show direction, or work in tourism. The fact that we bother so much with languages usually results in 17 yo kids who speak English, Italian, Spanish and Latin at the same time. It's sad when English, or US tourists are shouting at workers, when most of the time the people they are shouting at are much more educated in that sense.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

They aren't the only ones. Good luck getting an average Italian to speak with you in any language besides his own.

The funniest thing is that most people are learning English. Where I'm from, English is a mandatory subject from the first grade of elementary, to the last grade of high school. Even older people (who had Russian in schools) can use it to show direction, or work in tourism. The fact that we bother so much with languages usually results in 17 yo kids who speak English, Italian, Spanish and Latin at the same time. It's sad when English, or US tourists are shouting at workers, when most of the time the people they are shouting at are much more educated in that sense.

Actually (see under clutch and wheel bearing) Italians have always been VERY helpful as long as you TRY to use their language first. I think they get hacked off when people won't even try.

I now KNOW the Italian for wheelbearings and for clutch ! So if you are ever in the situation I was - text me smile.gif

A poor person can hardly give anyone a job, they are needing a job. Maybe a middleclass person you think is poor can give you a job to me.

What I mean by wasting your vote in America is, sure you can vote for Mickey Mouse, or write in someone else and yes you are showing you do not like Romney or Obama, but it will not change the fact that either Obama or Romney is going to win, so in essance to me your vote is wasted by not picking the lesser of the 2 evils then that can make your life better than what it is now in the USA. To me, anyone that does not vote, or plan on voting, really has no say so talking about politics, just my opinion only, as you are not doing anything to help this country.

Wasted vote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasted_vote

I have a friend at work who does not read the newspaper, or any other comunication about politics and does not vote. Yet he seems to know it all and the things I tell him going on in this world, he still thinks Obama is fine. He says they are all liers so who cares ... I can get so angry at him and his ignorance.

I get put out when you get a recording that says

Press one for English

Press two for Spanish.

Why should we that were born in this country have to press a dat gum thing? You come to America, learn how to speak English. If I go to another country, I would have to speak that language. It should be press 1 if you want Spanish

By Obama forcing us to pay for his Obama Care, this is not freedom, it is dang Communism. This man violates the Constitituion on many things and gets away with it to.

This is boiling down to get America back on track with jobs and the economics. Obama has failed to do that with the way he has gone about it.

I do not care that any of you feel I am being selfish because I do not want to share my money that I work hard to get, or if I choose to work two or three jobs to get a head. It is the American way.

You have people out there that would rather be in on welfare than to clean toilets. You have people out there having many babies so they can be on welfare and not have to work.

ylangylang, you do not live in the South where I live.

Like MysticTiger said, Also, slightly off topic, but I think government "hand outs" should be more monitored. You'd be surprised at the amount of abuse that goes on with systems like Unemployment Insurance and Food Stamps. I see the Food Stamp abuse everyday at work. It's sickening.

It is sickening. You can watch these people walk out of a grocery store and see what kind of a vehicle they get into such as a cadillac, lincoln continental, and many more expensive cars, and they will have 6 to 8 kids in tow with them. Follow them home and see what kind of houses they live in!!!

Below is an article about

U.S.-Born Kids Of Deported Parents Struggle As Family Life Is 'Destroyed'

Critics say the parents are to blame for entering the country illegally in the first place, knowing they were putting their families at risk.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/25/u..._n_1830496.html

Concerning the article above, it breaks my heart as well, but the people who came to this country illegally are to blame.

Concerning the drugs, our government needs to send our troops to wipe the drug lords out as well as their crops. Also the USA needs to crack down on the immigrants coming across this border. I to do not want stoned people driving on the roads. Same goes for people who drink and drive. But there again a lot of the younger generation coming up as well as some older people say, live and let live. This is why our country is getting worse and worse in my opinion.

Edited by ~Kat~

Kat, I don't think communism means what you think it means.

ETA-and you do know that the U.S going to wars has negatively affected U.S's image around the world as a whole?

Edited by ylangylang

A poor person can hardly give anyone a job, they are needing a job. Maybe a middleclass person you think is poor can give you a job to me.

What I mean by wasting your vote in America is, sure you can vote for Mickey Mouse, or write in someone else and yes you are showing you do not like Romney or Obama, but it will not change the fact that either Obama or Romney is going to win, so in essance to me your vote is wasted by not picking the lesser of the 2 evils then that can make your life better than what it is now in the USA. To me, anyone that does not vote, or plan on voting, really has no say so talking about politics, just my opinion only, as you are not doing anything to help this country.

Wasted vote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasted_vote

I have a friend at work who does not read the newspaper, or any other comunication about politics and does not vote. Yet he seems to know it all and the things I tell him going on in this world, he still thinks Obama is fine. He says they are all liers so who cares ... I can get so angry at him and his ignorance.

I get put out when you get a recording that says

Press one for English

Press two for Spanish.

Why should we that were born in this country have to press a dat gum thing? You come to America, learn how to speak English. If I go to another country, I would have to speak that language. It should be press 1 if you want Spanish

By Obama forcing us to pay for his Obama Care, this is not freedom, it is dang Communism. This man violates the Constitituion on many things and gets away with it to.

This is boiling down to get America back on track with jobs and the economics. Obama has failed to do that with the way he has gone about it.

I do not care that any of you feel I am being selfish because I do not want to share my money that I work hard to get, or if I choose to work two or three jobs to get a head. It is the American way.

You have people out there that would rather be in on welfare than to clean toilets. You have people out there having many babies so they can be on welfare and not have to work.

ylangylang, you do not live in the South where I live.

Like MysticTiger said, Also, slightly off topic, but I think government "hand outs" should be more monitored. You'd be surprised at the amount of abuse that goes on with systems like Unemployment Insurance and Food Stamps. I see the Food Stamp abuse everyday at work. It's sickening.

It is sickening. You can watch these people walk out of a grocery store and see what kind of a vehicle they get into such as a cadillac, lincoln continental, and many more expensive cars, and they will have 6 to 8 kids in tow with them. Follow them home and see what kind of houses they live in!!!

Below is an article about

U.S.-Born Kids Of Deported Parents Struggle As Family Life Is 'Destroyed'

Critics say the parents are to blame for entering the country illegally in the first place, knowing they were putting their families at risk.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/25/u..._n_1830496.html

Concerning the article above, it breaks my heart as well, but the people who came to this country illegally are to blame.

Concerning the drugs, our government needs to send our troops to wipe the drug lords out as well as their crops. Also the USA needs to crack down on the immigrants coming across this border. I to do not want stoned people driving on the roads. Same goes for people who drink and drive. But there again a lot of the younger generation coming up as well as some older people say, live and let live. This is why our country is getting worse and worse in my opinion.

Kat we can't send in troupes without getting permission from Mexico or risk another conflict or war. There are also problems with the welfare peograms and the efficiency of them. We need to fix the efficacy and cut government spending not add to the beurocracy that could result in a family that really needs it to get the help they need.

Kat, I don't think communism means what you think it means.

I am quite SURE it doesn't.

AS to sending in the troops to sort everything out - no thanks. Bullying solves nothing. Has NOTHING been learned from Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq ?

Apparently not sad.gif

Trying to blitz the rest of the world into becoming what you think your own country should be like (and actually isn't) is not the way.

ETA and yes - a poor person DID give me a job. We agreed that we would split whatever the business he was starting up brought in - if anything - until it was making enough for him to pay me a salary. Because this is outside your experience does not mean it doesn't happen.

Edited by fuzzbucket

A poor person can hardly give anyone a job, they are needing a job.

Actually, it's usually the work of lower income people that provides a job to the rich, by providing the physical and intellectual "grunt work" necessary to keep businesses running from the ground up. Without the efforts of the lower classes, and without their buying power at the other end of the production equation, rich people wouldn't be able to sustain themselves.

Edited by prairiecrow

AS to sending in the troops to sort everything out - no thanks. Bullying solves nothing. Has NOTHING been learned from Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq ?

Apparently not sad.gif

Trying to blitz the rest of the world into becoming what you think your own country should be like (and actually isn't) is not the way.

I swear not all of us Americans are bloodthirsty warmongers.

Some of us would like very much for our troops to come home and to stay home unless we really need to send them out. Like, if our aid is specifically requested or we are seriously in danger/at war with somebody. Preferably a war we didn't start, and did everything in our power to prevent from becoming a war.

And doing that over everything we don't like in another country isn't a smart idea.

I mean, how would we feel if other countries looked at us and went "Hey, I don't like how the US is run. We'll just send our troops over there to straighten it out to suit our needs!"

So, who are we to use force to mold everybody else into our ideal image, if we can't even reach that ourselves?

Actually, it's usually the work of lower income people that provides a job to the rich, by providing the physical and intellectual "grunt work" necessary to keep businesses running from the ground up. Without the efforts of the lower classes, and without their buying power at the other end of the production equation, rich people wouldn't be able to sustain themselves.

/nods

You know, I had an obligatory business management class (very basic, but the man who taught us knew what he was doing, since he owns a company himself) - yes, a business management class for a biologist! - and we were taught about how it's possible to start a company with little financial investment. In fact, we were advised that should we want to start a business, we should invest as little as possible, while also taking common sense and good practice into account and then gradually expand, instead of waiting to get a big load of cash and then invest it in a large project which may flunk. If you invest little, even if you fail, you lose considerably less. So, my classmates and I wrote a very realistic plan for starting our own country business, with using our scholarship money leftovers as financial basis for it. :B

Either way, if jobs can only be created by rich people, did the first rich jobmaker just get blasted into existence instead of making his way up on his own? /rhetoric

Edited by lightbird

I was actually referring to what was said in the article. Sorry, I should have mentioned that... n_n;

I do agree that if someone is living here, they should learn English, though. No one moves to Japan and expects everyone there to know English so they don't bother learning Japanese. The same should be said about America. I know we don't have an official language, but I find it offensive when people get angry at me because I don't understand their language. Or when people decide to talk in another language and laugh while looking at you. RUDE. I just find the whole act of talking in another language around other people (unless you are visiting the country) is rude. I don't start up conversations in Japanese around my customers at work and I would expect they would show me the same courtesy.

Marijuana is a tricky subject because I don't really want stoned people driving around. Doesn't sound safe to me. Of course, we have texters on the road, so I guess I can't win. xd.png Also, I already have a hard time when someone who reeks of Cigarettes (or smokes in a public place) is around me, having to smell Marijuana is a whole other problem. I may possibly be allergic to it since i've been around people who have just smoked it and I have a really hard time breathing around them.

Words have powerful effects, I agree. And i'm sure the words used are definitely used in political debates and such.

I think I inadvertantly started a language debate tongue.gif

I don't disagree people should learn the language of their native country, it is polite. The point I was trying to make is that my coworker uses that argument for, everything, regardless of whether or not it's relevant to the topic at hand. I can say the sky is blue, and he'll start in about learning english. There isn't a point to it, just a rant. Basically, he answers debates with the exact same rant. And while it's fine he's passionate about it and I don't think he's wrong, I feel like he's so zealous about the issue he can't concentrate on anything else.

As far as poor people giving a job or not, what exactly does this mean? I'm not sure what this is excusing or promoting, exactly.

I would love to see mandatory financial management classes in elementary school, I really would. I hear some districts have them but I never saw one when I was growing up and I lived in 4 different states.

I don't want another war. A war will cause another depression and we're not even out of the last one.

Here's an interesting thing I found titled "WTF America!". Not sure how accurate it is, but it's still interesting none the less. I'm sure the debt part is 100% true, though. Never met a college student with a degree that wasn't in debt for decades after.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by MysticTiger

ETA-and you do know that the U.S going to wars has negatively affected U.S's image around the world as a whole?

We didn't know he would betray us!

Some of us would like very much for our troops to come home and to stay home unless we really need to send them out. Like, if our aid is specifically requested or we are seriously in danger/at war with somebody. Preferably a war we didn't start, and did everything in our power to prevent from becoming a war.

And doing that over everything we don't like in another country isn't a smart idea.

I mean, how would we feel if other countries looked at us and went "Hey, I don't like how the US is run. We'll just send our troops over there to straighten it out to suit our needs!"

So, who are we to use force to mold everybody else into our ideal image, if we can't even reach that ourselves?

I know you aren't, KS - and what a great post. Thank you.

This.

Another thing that ticks me off about Romney is how he has claimed that if he gets elected, he intends to do everything to make America the economical and military leader country of the world. Considering all the questionable things that are going on inside your country, it seems hypocritical.

Right on. No-one has the right to think they can lead the world. Contrary to popular belief, all countries are - or should be - equal. And even if they weren't - the US model isn't the one I would choose as the ideal, if we had to choose one. See that excellent post by MysticTiger. Scandinavia is closer. Just consider Norway's really sensible and non-hyped up reaction to Anders Breivik. Awesome. Dignified, emphasizing tolerance and decency. I can just imagine the uproar if it had all happened in the US. Scary and then some.

Yeah, I like Scandinavia (it's just across the Baltic sea from where I live) and I've considered that if I were to move to work abroad, I'd like to go either to Sweden, Norway or Denmark (partly because those languages are closer to ones I know than, say, Finnish). I know people who've moved to Sweden and they quite like the social guarantees there.

Edited by lightbird

What's all this talk about poor people not giving others a job? It's not like the rich people are doing any better. They lay off hard working Americans and move their corporations overseas so that they don't have to pay as much for the labor. Mr. Mitt Romney would know a thing or two about that, apparently he was a perpetrator of such activities.

Why should my mother, who is a hard working nurse, have to pay 33% of her income- that she worked very hard for- when the "rich" only have to pay 12% or 17%? How is that in any way fair? The middle class work for their money too. The people who "ride" on welfare are few and far between. I read a statistic (I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I saw it) somewhere that said that at least half of the people on welfare move out of it the following year. And a vast majority of people on welfare actually do have jobs, they just don't make enough to support themselves so they need some extra help. And it's not a matter of just going to school and getting a degree so that they could get a better job- people with bachelor's degrees or right out of college can't even land jobs right now.

Why punish the people who actually need a helping hand for the few who take advantage of it? That's incredible backwards to me.

Also; all the whining about the tax dollars, I don't buy it. My family doesn't like that our tax dollars go to an overinflated defense budget or fund wars that we don't want to fund. But it's not like we have a say in where our tax dollars go. Taxes are a part of being a country- if you don't like taxes or socialist programs, good luck paving your own road to get where you need to go. When your house catches on fire, put it out yourself because the Fire Department is a socialist program. So is the Police department, so I guess you're screwed if your house is robbed.

Sorry, but when hospitals have to write off check after check which creates a harder impact on tax-paying citizens, National Healthcare is an EXTREMELY. GOOD. IDEA.

I don't believe that America was founded on the principle of "That's mine you can't have any because you suck". Sure, America was supposedly founded on freedom and establishing your own, but you know what? Some times people need help. And that's OKAY. Because we're a Nation, and we work TOGETHER. We help EACH OTHER. We don't sit in our dark little corners hissing at the less fortunate and cut them down because of greed.

Also; all the whining about the tax dollars, I don't buy it. My family doesn't like that our tax dollars go to an overinflated defense budget or fund wars that we don't want to fund. But it's not like we have a say in where our tax dollars go. Taxes are a part of being a country- if you don't like taxes or socialist programs, good luck paving your own road to get where you need to go. When your house catches on fire, put it out yourself because the Fire Department is a socialist program. So is the Police department, so I guess you're screwed if your house is robbed.

Sorry, but when hospitals have to write off check after check which creates a harder impact on tax-paying citizens, National Healthcare is an EXTREMELY. GOOD. IDEA.

This. So much this. There are already a shedload of "socialist" programs established. If you don't want your money going to help other people, stop paying taxes. Good luck on getting something done when you need...pretty much anything, actually, if you're all about socialism being bad and wanting no part of it.

(ILU, Haze. I really want to glue that part of your post to the foreheads of all the "OMG SOCIALISM EVOL DIRTY PINKO COMMMIES!" folks out there.)

oh, and since you mentioned Mister Etch-a-Sketch, have you heard that he now essentially supports the ACA ("Obamacare")? (I should probably add "again" to the end of that question.)

Mitt Romney is embracing his Massachusetts health care law in response to President Barack Obama’s attacks that Republicans have declared a ‘war on women.’

“I’m the guy who was able to get all the health care for all the women and men for my state,” Romney said in an interview aired on 'Fox News Sunday.' “They were talking about it at the federal level. We actually did something and we did it without cutting Medicare and without raising taxes.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-liv...law-133230.html

Somehow, I'm not surprised. He's flip-flopped often enough already that one more flip is par for the course. Doubt that "see! see! We DON'T hate women! We want them to have healthcare and stuff." is going to work when his party's official platform contains a constitutional amendment to outlaw abortion and, by extension, most, if not all birth control.

And for the record, the president is not "making cuts" to Medicare. He's eliminating millions in overpayments to private insurers for Medicare Advantage, and reimbursements to hospitals that will no longer be necessary because more people will be insured. If you spend, let's say $800 a month on groceries, and then you start using sales and coupons to reduce that amount to $600, have you "cut" that $200 from your food budget? No, you've saved it, and now you can use it to buy something else. THAT is what these supposed "cuts" do. They fund the closing of the prescription drug donut hole and pay for preventative care for seniors, among other things. The amount of money that's now NOT being spent on overpayments and reimbursements does not affect the care received by Medicare beneficiaries (that is, it isn't taking anything away from them); it's simply a decrease in how much profit insurance companies make.

Edited by LascielsShadow

ylangylang, if Obama had his way, this country would be a Socialist or Communist country, with Obama exempted, laugh.gif After all, he is making the rules, going against the CONSTITUTION OF AMERICA. Obama should be IMPEACHED.

I know exactly what Socialist an Communist means.

fuzzbucket, what do you think the DRUGLORDS ARE??? You can not go in kindly like Obama would do and spread his love, and ask them kindly, well Mr Drug Kingpins, what you are doing is bad, and you beheading people, and putting them in cement to burn alive and tying their hands and legs with rope, and then ripping them apart is wrong. Please!!! Anyone else that thinks this, come on.

My son has done 2 tours overseas. I asked him tonight, if he could and others in the Military could go to Mexico and put the DRUG LORDS out of business, would he and the other troops want to do this?

HIs answer is, and I can not repeat what he said, but will put it nicely, smile.gif ... He asked me was I being funny, laugh.gif He said in essance there is only one thing these people know, and that is war and killing. Nothing else matters to them except making money and killing people that get in their way, and killing people with their drugs. He said he and his brothers and sisters in the Military would gladly rid the world of dengenerates like this.

Where I live on certain interstates, they are nailing the people driving through with tons of drugs. Thank GOD for our law inforcement and their drug dogs is all I can say. DRUGS ARE KILLING OUR KIDS AND OTHERS. For those of you that do not know, I live in the USA, thank god.

Do any of you think I like what my son does!!! Of course not.

Like he said, the majority of people sit in their comfy little homes, and know nothing of what they do, and especially the young people. I was just like that until my son went into the Military. If it was not for our forefathers, and people like him, you would not have what you have today in the USA ... and this is so true. My father fought WW2, and had to live in trench's with their dead, urine and poop and eat rats. A lot of you can not even comprehend that can you? I could not either until I got older. I hate war, and especially since I have 2 sons in this.

War is evil, and knows, no bounds. But glad to be living in America, and thank god for my forefathers, my dad and my sons, and our troops. I will gladly kiss the boots of every facet of the Military that fights along side of the American troops such as Britain and Australia. I am sorry if you do not understand this. I love what I have now. I am not rich, but I do what I want. GOD BLESS AMERICA, HER FLAG, her heroic sons and daughters of our nation. Freedom is not free, it is fought by the BRAVE. Many have died for a cause they believe in, thier families to be free.

KageSora,

You are so right when you post below,

Well, we are free KageSora here in the USA, (just need to get rid of Obama, tongue.gif )

Read above before I posted top you. I have 2 sons in the Military.

Any of you that have been supressed, might understand this. Seems like most of you have not, smile.gif

ylangylang, if Obama had his way, this country would be a Socialist or Communist country, with Obama exempted,  laugh.gif After all, he is making the rules, going against the CONSTITUTION OF AMERICA. Obama should be IMPEACHED.

fuzzbucket, what do you think the DRUGLORDS ARE??? You can not go in kindly like Obama would do and spread his love, and ask them kindly, well Mr Drug Kingpins, what you are doing is bad, and you beheading people, and putting them in cement to burn alive and tying their hands and legs with rope, and then ripping them apart is wrong. Please!!! Anyone else that thinks this, come on.

My son has done 2 tours overseas. I asked him tonight, if he could and others in the Military could go to Mexico and put the DRUG LORDS out of business, would he and the other troops want to do this?

HIs answer is, and I can not repeat what he said, but will put it nicely,  smile.gif  ... He asked me was I being funny,  laugh.gif  He said in essance there is only one thing these people know, and that is war and killing. Nothing else matters to them except making money and killing people that get in their way, and killing people with their drugs. He said he and his brothers and sisters in the Military would gladly rid the world of dengenerates like this.

Where I live on certain interstates, they are nailing the people driving through with tons of drugs. Thank GOD for our law inforcement and their drug dogs is all I can say. DRUGS ARE KILLING OUR KIDS AND OTHERS. For those of you that do not know, I live in the USA, thank god.

Like he said, the majority of people sit in their comfy little homes, and know nothing of what they do, and especially the young people. I was just like that until my son went into the Military. If it was not for our forefathers, and people like him, you would not have what you have today in the USA ... and this is so true. My father fought WW2, and had to live in trench's with their dead, urine and poop and eat rats. A lot of you can not even comprehend that can you? I could not either until I got older. I hate war, and especially since I have 2 sons in this.

War is evil, and knows, no bounds. But glad to be living in America, and thank god for my forefathers, my dad and my sons, and our troops. I will gladly kiss the boots of every facet of the Military that fights along side of the American troops such as Britain and Australia. I am sorry if you do not understand this. I love what I have now. I am not rich, but I do what I want. GOD BLESS AMERICA, HER FLAG, her heroic sons and daughters of our nation. Freedom is not free, it is fought by the BRAVE. Many have died for a cause they believe in, thier families to be free.

KageSora,

Well, we are free KageSora here in the USA, (just need to get rid of Obama,  tongue.gif )

Any of you that have been supressed, might understand this. Seems like most of you have not,  smile.gif

You legalise drugs. End of problem. Bombing is NOT the answer, and is plain bullying.

And if you don't want to pay taxes, in case some of them go to help others - don't send your kids to school, drive on roads, and the rest.

OR indeed ask for bombs to be dropped. How do you think those would be paid for. I am sorry to hear your son shares your views. Violence is NEVER a solution.

And I don't think you have ANY idea what REAL socialism and communism mean. They are the ways of a civilised society. If they ever really came to pass anywhere, the issues of theft, benefits abuse, drug lords and the rest would be as drops in a bucket.

You are NOT free in the USA - any more than we in the UK are. There are laws against abortion, harmless drugs, free assembly, reporting of rape by senior officials in overseas oil companies, and more. Obama is the best hope you have had in years - since Carter IMHO - and I am only disappointed he has failed to live up to his early promise.

Edited by fuzzbucket

CIA is supporting some of those drug cartels, USA gov has no interest in putting an end to it dry.gif

Your son doesnt speak for all the soldiers, there are plenty of soldiers who would rather not fight senseless wars overseas so the richer can get filthy rich, while soldiers get treated like censorkip.gif upon return home...

Edited by The Evil Doer

Kat, quick question - do you consider the UK to be communist/socialist?

ylangylang, if Obama had his way, this country would be a Socialist or Communist country, with Obama exempted,  laugh.gif After all, he is making the rules, going against the CONSTITUTION OF AMERICA. Obama should be IMPEACHED.

HIs answer is, and I can not repeat what he said, but will put it nicely,   ... He asked me was I being funny,   He said in essance there is only one thing these people know, and that is war and killing. Nothing else matters to them except making money and killing people that get in their way, and killing people with their drugs. He said he and his brothers and sisters in the Military would gladly rid the world of dengenerates like this.

KageSora,

Well, we are free KageSora here in the USA, (just need to get rid of Obama,   )

Any of you that have been supressed, might understand this. Seems like most of you have not,  

Oh really? Point me the policies that Obama made that you think will make the U.S a communist country. I'm sorry, I've seen no policies that declare that all and every single right to property that Americans have will disappear on (insert date) and thus, no, Obama's not turning your country into a communist regime.

Please do supply examples of what YOU think is communist. Hell if we go by the strict definition, not even North Korea qualifies as a communist country. We do show some leniency when applying it to real-world examples because a communist country, as the definition laid down by Marx himself, has NEVER EXISTED in the universe.

However, even if we do apply the loose definition of a "communist country" I still do not see how that matches up with Obama's policies.

Second, you keep saying that the U.S needs to bomb Mexico to get rid of drug cartels because the drug lords affect everyone and so on. I do understand the sentiment. I do not agree with the means.

You know what also is a great humanitarian tragedy across the world? Sex trafficking. Literally exists everywhere, Asia, Europe, Africa, the Pacifics, North America, South America. There is no country where this doesn't happen. I would also say that modern slavery and sexual slavery is more of a widespread problem than drug lords, and that they are far more brutal than what those drug lords can do.

So, should we bomb every place that has sexual slavery? No, because then there would be no country on this earth that would be exempt. And earth would be an uninhabitable nuclear wasteland. As I said, it's great that you feel passionate about this. But I still think that the means are wrong.

Also, I would question your viewpoint. You, as a non-Mexican, do not have to pay the price that you would have to if a country invades you. Of course there would be many lives and money that would be poured into this war that you seem to want so much. However, you do not have to pay the price of a country that's invaded, its fundamental social structure in upheaval, and the chaos that follows. Look at Afghanistan and Iraq. I mean, yes it's great that you're getting rid of terrorists. However, you also left the country in a chaotic mess. Look at South Korea. Remember the Korean War? It became basically a gladiator ring between Russia+China against the U.S and the U.N forces. I mean, it's great that South Korea's free and all, but we paid the price. Massacre of innocent civilians and destruction of cultural artifacts aside, we had never got rid of Koreans who had cooperated with the Japanese during the colonial rule, because those were the only bureaucrats the U.S could find at the time to set up as government. Our government-as the U.S needed the area to be free from communism-had U.S backing and with that they ignored domestic problems, like the humanitarian violations against workers and our calls for democracy. We only became a true democracy in the sense around 1988. Most of the U.S have moved beyond and largely forgotten about the Korean war, but the thing is the scars that that war made remain here today. And South Korea was and is a successful example of U.S intervention. What about the unsuccessful examples, like Vietnam, Columbia, Iraq and Afghanistan? Do you have any idea how much of your intervention can fundamentally change social structure or leave such a wide effect on political dialogue? I'm against military intervention because of these reasons. Yes, the ends can be good (or in can go horrifically bad) but even when the ends are good there are lots of scars left behind because of these interventions. That's why you shouldn't just say "oh let's go there and bomb all the drug lords" because it's not just the question of bombing the drug lords. You change that society as a whole.

Whew, long rant.

TL;DR: bombing solves nothing because the act of invasion itself results in fundamental changes in social and political structure that can and will lead to more problems.

ETA: WW2 is a completely different situation as Vhale mentioned below.

A more appropriate situation for your Mexican scenario would be: the Korean war, the Vietnam war, the Afghan/Iraq war, etc. And as a person whose living family members have seen the Japanese occupation, WWII, and the Korean war, I know full well what it's like.

Edited by ylangylang

Kat, quick question - do you consider the UK to be communist/socialist?

GEEZ I WISH IT WERE SOCIALIST ! smile.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket