Nimrodel

DC Photography Contest #19

@Danne: That's nice smile.gif Are you by any chance a fellow Norwegian, or have you just visited?

@Maladroit: I'd go with the second one if I were you smile.gif They are both very nice, though ^^

@Danne: That's nice smile.gif Are you by any chance a fellow Norwegian, or have you just visited?

No, I've only visited. We have friends who live there, so Mum and I spent a few weeks visiting them a few summers ago. Highlight was taking a boat up Geirangerfjord -- gorgeous! That and Nidarosdomen in Trondheim; very impressive. smile.gif

Edit: And yeah, Maladroit, I'd go with the second. happy.gif Though the colors in the first are striking!

Edited by Danne

@Danne: Well, it's good that you got to see some pretty places once you were here biggrin.gif

@SickThing: I've read about that place! I'd really like to see it for myself someday. It's quite a proper "Disney castle" after all biggrin.gif

@SickThing: I've read about that place! I'd really like to see it for myself someday. It's quite a proper "Disney castle" after all biggrin.gif

Yees it sure is! smile.gif

I've been there twice and it always is impressive.

There are only 18 rooms ready in this huge building because it was the state when King Ludwig died and they didn't continue.

It's worth a trip!

Um do I have to post it up to the photobucket for the thingy? or do I just post it here?

My entry

Edited by freddyness

Ffff, will try to find something. I live in a flat country, so I'll have to go digging around my traveling photos.

@SickThing: I will definitely try to get there someday ^^

@freddyness: That's fine, welcome to the competition smile.gif

@lightbird: Flat countries gives nice photo opportunities too, though

@SickThing: I've been there! The castle is sooo pretty, but the walk up is a big pain in the butt.

OMG, no kidding. I've been there once when I was on Spring Break. One of the German university students who was "hosting" our group was practically pushing some of us up that darn mountain path. I collapsed to the floor in exhaustion but that was a mistake. My hands smelled like manure afterwards. laugh.gif But the rooms were impressive as were the scenic views. biggrin.gif

How'd you get that particular view of the castle?

@freddyness: Wow. Love that picture. It reminds me of a fantasy woodsland place. Or something. happy.gif

Oh, dear. I need to take my camera to work again Saturday I guess. Or I can go out later today.

If I can locate my camera that is. It always seems to go missing when I need it.

@maladroit I like it too, It was sun set and I was on the edge of the woodland by my icerink and It was so pritty I had to take a photo. I think I did quite will considering it was a 3mp camra

Edit: I have a couple of diffrent views would I be able to swap if I find the camra there on?

Edited by freddyness

Sure, you can change your entry if you find another shot you'd rather use smile.gif

Hmm. This was fast!

Thanks to Kanaye for pointing it out to me.

From my flight home in September ~ Clouds ~ that's the water near Nassau, Bahamas down below the clouds.

OMG, no kidding. I've been there once when I was on Spring Break. One of the German university students who was "hosting" our group was practically pushing some of us up that darn mountain path. I collapsed to the floor in exhaustion but that was a mistake. My hands smelled like manure afterwards. laugh.gif But the rooms were impressive as were the scenic views. biggrin.gif

How'd you get that particular view of the castle?

Well, I have to admit that I didn't walk up to the castle. Yay for shuttle busses! biggrin.gif

We did walk down though and it took us almost 40 minutes as well.

The shuttle busses go up almost to "Marienbrücke", a bridge over the cliff in the middle of nowhere but from there you get the particular view of the castle in my picture.

I also took a photo of the bridge from the castle:

http://i34.tinypic.com/2s1x547.jpg

@SickThing: That bridge looks so tiny and fragile in that environment O_O

Voting begins tomorrow! There's still plenty of time to enter, though ^^

Oh my, too many photos to choose from 0.o

Shall I enter a view from my hometown Vlissingen, or the hotelview in Delphi, Greece, or will it be a view on top of the Eiffeltower?

Still thinking about it...

I am still in doubt! Oh my... Wich one should I pick?

Hmm, I can at least look for a bigger picture of the first photo..

I can understand that you're in doubt, Aerouant, all of them are nice shots. I am slightly partial to the first one, because of the colours

Me too, although I love the wide view of Paris aswell...

Hmm.. I think it will be Vlissingen. (it is huge!)

This picture was taken in April, this year. I have a lot of pictures with this stunning sunset, because it was extra beautiful, thanks to the vulcanis ashes from Iceland wink.gif

I am still waiting for that sunset theme tongue.gif

Edited by Aerouant

I haven't any picture for this one. /; So I'll just vote and try again next time to get a picture. (:

@Aerouant: Well, at least it will be easy for you to host a competition, when you have an idea for a theme tongue.gif

@Caius: Aw, that's too bad sad.gif Not a chance of taking a new one either? I hope the next theme will be better for you

Found my camera, though I am at work at the moment. I shall try to find a decent view when I leave work.

Wish me luck!

Well, Nimrodel, I have a couple of ideas, but I am hoping someone else will think of the sunset-theme, I would love to enter that one wink.gif