Nimrodel

DC Photography Contest #19

Thank you very much, all of you who voted for me in the previous contest ^^ Now it's time for a new one. This round the theme will be scenic views - waterscapes, landscapes - bring 'em on! Here's a couple of examples of such shots -> one - two

Rules:

- One entry per person

- No manipulation besides basic photo adjustments (contrast, exposure, cropping, color balance, lighting, etc.)

- No text or framing in the photo. A signature/watermark is just fine, but it's preferable if you don't have "O Hai Eye Hav3 T3XT" (or something similar) present in the photo.

- When voting, please don't select your own image. This will ensure fairness.

- You are free to submit an old photo, you don't need to take a new one just for this competition.

Closing date: Sunday, November 7th

Previous themes:

1: Beginning anew

2: Simplicity

3: Summer

4: Wildlife

5: Black & White

6: Food

7: Macro

8: Farewell

9: Light and Shadow

10: Urban

11: In the home

12: Travel Photography

13: Pets

14: Red

15: Coupled Animals

16: Clouds

17: Green

18: Water

I wonder if I'll be able to find something nice to photograph for this... At least I'll try to do so. :3

Scenic views? Hmm.

Will this work?

It's not exactly a water/landscape. But it's scenic. I can find another if this won't work. (:

Oh my, too many photos to choose from 0.o

Shall I enter a view from my hometown Vlissingen, or the hotelview in Delphi, Greece, or will it be a view on top of the Eiffeltower?

Still thinking about it...

Edited by Aerouant

This is a case where I'm somewhat hapered by not having English as my first language. Perhaps just "view" would be a better title for this one, after all? I'm not necessarily looking for spectacular sunsets in the far horizon and majestic eagles swooping around - just more of an overview, if you get what I mean.

So it's fine with me if you want to participate with that one, tyto_alba

So it's fine with me if you want to participate with that one, tyto_alba

Okay. Thank you. ^__^

I thought of using this picture for the "Clouds" theme, and it also would have fit the "Water" theme. Guess I'll use it now for the "Scenic" theme.

Guess what? It's another picture from Brule Lake.

user posted image

Can we have cityscapes too?

This is Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea at sunrise. This day actually turned out to be horrible and wet :/ at least it started nice!

Taken with a 8.1MP point and click digital camera, edited using Photoshop CS5.

user posted image

(It's a thumbnail BTW, click to view full)

If it comes down to the detail in the photo, or for some other reason you need the full resolution image, it's 7.5mb, so I can email it or something.

edit:

"I'm not necessarily looking for spectacular sunsets in the far horizon".

Just because you are not necessarily looking for it, doesn't mean it's invalid right?

Edited by zelda_454

That's fine, Zelda smile.gif I'm glad you want to enter ^^

Thanks. I have plenty of others from PNG, but I will save them for later contests biggrin.gif

Now all I need is a DSLR, Polarized lens and maybe a waterproof housing. So many great shots of this country..the small islands we find in the ocean, the wrecks from WWII, the rolling hills at Kokoda...

@Zelda: Good! It's always fun to see people entering the contest, so it's lovely to hear that you want to participate in more than just this one ^^ And I'd love a waterproof case for my camera too, it's just too expensive ><

@St. Jimmy: Nice one ^^ Good to see you entering

To tell you the truth I have no clue. I saw it and took a pick of it. That was this summer when I went to Arkansas with my dad.

He said it was something but I didn't pay attention.

Looks like a turkey vulture (a.k.a. buzzard) to me.

And oh! I might actually be able to participate in this one! I only got a decent camera little while ago, so my arsenal of pictures isn't very big, lol. Lemme see...

How about this? It's of a lake in the Norwegian mountains. If I wasn't so horrible at writing things down I could be more specific. xd.png

ah, erm, ahhh, scenic, she says...

*ruminates some more*

I think either this or this

Which seems more scenic? I'm leaning towards the second one...

Pictures were taken while on a hike in Minnewaska State Park 3 years ago (I think).

Edit: Thanks for the input! The 2nd one it is. smile.gif

Edited by Maladroit