TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Oh I thought if you 'Kill' it, it definitely would. As the kill returns when that dragon has been taken out of the system but if there is a zombie, there is proof of that dead dragon and so it locks the Kill.

Also, people may think I'm weird but I love these hatchies 8D Also the codes are awesome too and gives me lots of idea of how these could turn out.

I'm really excited for these :3

They take up a Kill slot but not a slot for picking up eggs/hatchies.

The person's question was whether killing a frozen hatchie would lock their scroll.

(It won't scroll lock you but it'll take up a Kill slot.)

When I disable both I am unable to find anything in the AP. So I leave the images enabled and disable the java. This has lessened the lag enough for me that I have just managed to snag my very first Vampire! Yeah that's not what I'm supposed to be going after but when you've never managed to get one it's of a pretty high priority. I'm sure those of you with armies of them don't understand that.

I've managed to get a Pumpkin Egg too with this method. I also got one Halloween '10 Egg with both images and java disabled. I'm still hoping to get one more of that to round me out at 4 eggs for the day. Even if I don't, I'm very pleased with the day. cool.gif

ETA: I've been trying on and off for the past 12 hours. I have taken some breaks and gone and played games and come back. I had to get away for little bits.

Edited by Bluheart

>.> I can only hope the drop will last for more than one day, because the cave takes about 10 \minutes to load now, making it impossible to catch anything... Is there any chance of that?

I'd wait a day before you try and get anything on your own eggs. TJ's eggs always hatch earlier.

Oh okay. I knew his hatched but I didn't know if anyone else's did. Thank you for preventing me from doing something I would regret >_<

Thus far, still no luck. Lag hurts - takes nearly two minutes for DC to decide to ignore my request.

Lol, my Pumpkin is at 2000+ views and it's still a S1 hatchie. Rofl.

Last egg drop i noticed it was uncannily easy at 4 int he afternoon and at 11 at night. I'd suggest checking back then, but since it's sunday, it might be ideal to stick to 4. I'm not sure how that will work today but it worked last time.

A hard black crust, demonic looking hatchies... I wonder if they're some sort of coal-based fiery demon dragon? or, if the front page is anything to go by, some bat thing.

Some people already have hatchies and I'm still fighting the lag monster to let me in the cave... sad.gif. Such great memories for my first DC holiday xd.png

I don't understand. It says I have 4 hatchlings, but as far is i can see I only have 2...

And a lot of frozen hatchlings, but not 4! ohmy.gif

Someone else having this problem too?

Edited by Banana_Splitt

I'm sorry that people are experiencing lag, it must be really frustrating. I sometimes have awful lag when nobody else seems to have any at all, and it drives me up the wall (as does my unfaithful net-connection - it only ever cuts when I need it for something urgent).

I'm also feeling a little greedy managing to get four. I honestly thought I'd be stopping after two today. Oh well. I got up at 5am my time (which actualy turned out to be 4am because the clocks changed) just to be there at the start, and spent about 6 or 7 hours chasing the drops without luck. Then after I switched the images off I managed to get two within 2 minutes of each other, another one a minute later and another about 3 minutes after that.

I guess when you've been waiting so long it's hard not to take advantage of a sudden run like that. And I wouldn't trade any of them for anything in the world. smile.gif

The only advice I can give to people is to try and enjoy it. I ended up watching Digimon between drops (checking back every five minutes of course laugh.gif) which I think helped keep my spirits up. About four hours in, when I noticed my reactions slowing, I went and drank two big glasses of Lucozade ... and started chatting to my laptop screen.

And it was all a big hoot in the end. Managed to gut and carve a pumpkin without any major mishap, and I even got a zombie out of three attempts.

Just keep positive and you'll feel better for it.

Izon - Yes, Zombies have been made.

Edit: ninja.gif 'd

Edited by SmileyPerson

OMG i cought a second xd.png

well 2 is enough for me.... all these houres of trying finally paid off

good luck to everyone happy.gif

Uwahh getting eggs is too hard!

Somehow i managed one this morning while wildly clicking @___@

I guess I should count my blessings D:

O.o My zombie says. Unfortunately your hatchling has been killed. Is that because it's the 31st of October?

Ugh...this is getting seriously annoying. The lag is so bad that when I click on an egg as soon it appears, it's like my click didn't even register with the site and the page just says on the main cave. I have to click multiple times just to get the site to realize that yes I clicked that egg!

Now I catched all 4 eggs for me and for an friend. Now there will be one less person on the Cave who wanted to try catching the eggs. Good luck to those who still don`t have an egg. smile.gif

Some people already have hatchies and I'm still fighting the lag monster to let me in the cave... sad.gif. Such great memories for my first DC holiday xd.png

Only TJ has hatchies.

@Banana_Splitt: Did you kill hatchies that weren't frozen? Those will take up space, I believe.