TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I spy with my littttle eye...

A NEW TREAT!

user posted image

Oy, still haven't gotten one >_< I'll just keep trying.

Congrats to all who got them, and to those who didn't, keep trying!

EDIT: Well, it seems I've gotten one, though I don't remember having a success o_O

Edited by Wind-Swept-Canid

Boo, I tried for zombies and ended up killing three dragons instead and I've had no luck so far catching any of the new eggs. Oh well, that's what happens when you have dial up and bad luck, lol.

Congrats to everyone who's managed to catch some smile.gif

I don't know if this will help anyone but this is how I did it;

Kept images on but turned off Java, used Firefox.

During hourly drops I shift + clicked on all 3 eggs, which opened in new tabs. I IMMEDIETLY refreshed after, hovering my mouse over the egg, and when I saw the URL had changed, I quickly shift + clicked those. Out of many, many, many fails, I ended up getting 2 in around 4 hours.

It's frustrating, but if you start screaming, it's a good idea to take a break and come back later...

ok so I turn off java but everytime i shift click an egg it opens a window right in front where i cant click the other two. any suggestions on that?? i use firefox and windows 7. thxs

*shakes fist at lag monster*

I've been at it for hours and still no egg for me.. is there a thread for catchers somewhere, because I can't seem to find any? D:

Usually I am a catcher for some friends here in Europe. I caught at Christmas and Valentines. I caught them cheeses and papers and chickens. But today in 10 hours on and off (have to walk the dogs in between) I caught ONE egg. Well at least that one. And got all TOT of course when there was no drop.

Edited by lilysally

ok so I turn off java but everytime i shift click an egg it opens a window right in front where i cant click the other two. any suggestions on that?? i use firefox and windows 7. thxs

Control + click opens a new tab. Shift + click is new window.

Right-o, I've influenced, incubated and tucked my eggies in for the night. smile.gif

I have time to help one more scroll before I hit the sack- PM me if you need help now. Filled!

Edited by Gyldendrag

I've been egg hunting for a while now, but really, it's Halloween. i can't be spending all my time looking for these. Worst comes to worst i'll just abandon the whole idea of getting an egg...

I was like "OMG, only a 4 second lag! :o Maybe I have a chance now?"

Oh, but of course no eggs.

Is everyone still having the really slow connection as I know I am and taking minutes to refresh and was wondering if anyone could help me out a bit as if there is anything can try to do to make the connection faster to reloading, and yes have taken the pictures off still taking well over minute at times to refresh.

Love this lag.

Addressing people who are accusing others of being "greedy". Get over yourselves. Seriously. If you were on the other end, with four eggs on your scroll, you'd be singing an entirely different tune. I have no eggs. I will attempt to catch them myself...if I fail, then no Halloween eggs for me. I'm not relying on a catcher. I've had my scroll for over two years and I'm not about to let some stranger have access to it and run the risk of losing over 300 dragons to get one egg.

I do agree that once you get your four eggs that you let others try to get them on their own. You kinda are snagging eggs someone has been spending hours hunting.

Let's be honest here, I'm sure there are some who don't want to actually work for their eggs and run off to a catcher without even trying to get an egg for themselves, and how would you know? Think about it, that egg you just handed off to someone could very well be a person who made zero attempt at catching it themselves when it was better suited for someone who was actually trying.

Food for thought.

Oh, and ah...Happy Halloween!

I agree with you partly, re catchers, but the people I've been catching for are all people I've seen on the thread for a long time, so I don't think they are just lazy. Therefore I also don't think there is anything wrong about helping them out. Not everybody has a speedy connection or PC and sadly, that's what you need when lag is bad.

The lag is bad. Seems like we used to be able to field 800-1000 people in the cave before it got this slow, but last night it was slowing drastically every time the number of people in the cave passed 300. Maybe because of the combination of cave catching and trick or treating? (I can't imagine I'm ever going to be able to catch all those treats - yipes!)

Still, it only took me about four hours to catch my egg, which is on the good side of standard for me and my slow connection. I'm just glad it wasn't a weekday this morning, lol.

Gorgeous egg - does anyone know what it is? I'm thinking it looks kind of black widow spider-y...

I just wish I could get a couple you know?? I managed to get one early in the morning, but I really want to at least have a couple!!!

Be well

How do you turn off pictures in firefox but still have the egg links? If I turn off my pictures I can't see them anymore.

I need help catching eggs. I've been at it for 5 hours now. The college's internet is so slow even when I turn off images and Java...

I'd be happy if you do so  smile.gif

You all can use it freely

Thank you for the cute banner, Red.

TJ eggs have hatched!

Edited by Nikki_Of_The_Night

How do you turn off pictures in firefox but still have the egg links? If I turn off my pictures I can't see them anymore.

You'll have text links instead of image links in the main page.

You won't be able to see any AP egg/hatchie links though.