TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

The lag monster is back for revenge- and now that it's halloween, the monsters have control!

In other news: is it just me, or are people consciously NOT dropping as many hatchies in the AP? I guess they fear zombification, because I am not seeing nearly as many hatchies as usual.

-throws up hands- I give! DB

I can't work with this lag on my already rather slow browser!

If anyone wants to be a major dear and help me..I don't know anyone all that well but :c Given the circumstances I'd really appreciate it! <:]

Like..Shoot me a PM or something? D: I dunno how this works honestly

All I can say is don't give up hope. As more people get their share there will be less competition to click.

Any suggestion as to a better time to try? I may just give up (again) and try again later.

Last night someone said try mid-day today because there would be less competition but the lag is just as bad and just as many people are on the main page.

Edited by icecube

While it's just a game and pixel dragons aren't real dragons, the time we spend is very real.

But we CHOOSE to spend our time looking for little pixel eggs and dragons.

I've still not caught any eggs. I'm having no problems with the ToT's though.

But I click on an egg and get the message waiting, waiting, and it never goes away. I've cleaned my cache, run CCleaner, run spot and deleted a ton of stuff I'm not using any more and still ever thing is slow. I also have the fastest internet AT&T has.

I can't find anybody to catch for me either.

I've given up on catching these. The lag is too much plus I'm terrible at catching anyway.

Good luck to everyone still trying and congrats to those who got one. ^^ If anybody wants to help lil' old me then please do but if not, that's ok.

After 4 hours of 30 second to 2 minute pages loads, I fell asleep in front of the computer with no Halloween eggs. Woke up this morning, no eggs in the cave. Strolled over to the AP and clicked on a vine. Actually GOT it! Ten gens, messy but not inbred. Do I keep the vine egg, (my first) or abandon it and continue the hunt? I unlock again this afternoon for one more egg, about 7:40 p.m., cave time. Any opinions on what I should do? unsure.gif

(The lyrics, "Halloween, without a pumpkin" meander through my head.) blink.gifxd.png

If the vine egg locks your scroll then I would say send it to the AP and keep trying for the new eggs.

Oh heck, I would send the little vine egg back to the AP and go HUNTING!!

There will be more vine eggs with much shorter lineages in the AP but today is the day for the new eggs biggrin.gif

So, I managed to catch 4 new eggs for myself and 2 more for my bf, also successfully turned 2 zombies (female adult and hatchling) and bred 7 pumpkin eggs. smile.gif

Lagging site was terrible but I feel so happy now.. ^^

And I made a lil banner laugh.gif

user posted image

I don't think I'll be able to get one this year, the lag is too much and I'm too frustrated. sad.gif

JEEZE! I clicked on the Cave one minute and 24 seconds ago and it's STILL not loaded. argh

So, I managed to catch 4 new eggs for myself and 2 more for my bf, also successfully turned 2 zombies (female adult and hatchling) and bred 7 pumpkin eggs. smile.gif

user posted image

The banner is cute! biggrin.gif

Any suggestion as to a better time to try? I may just give up (again) and try again later.

Last night someone said try mid-day today because there would be less competition but the lag is just as bad and just as many people are on the main page.

Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to have to waste another couple hours right now if it's just going to be the same for the rest of the afternoon. Would tonight be any better?

I don't know if this will help anyone but this is how I did it;

Kept images on but turned off Java, used Firefox.

During hourly drops I shift + clicked on all 3 eggs, which opened in new tabs. I IMMEDIETLY refreshed after, hovering my mouse over the egg, and when I saw the URL had changed, I quickly shift + clicked those. Out of many, many, many fails, I ended up getting 2 in around 4 hours.

It's frustrating, but if you start screaming, it's a good idea to take a break and come back later...

*flops*

OMG FINALLY!

I managed to get all four eggs. For those still having trouble, check page 54 - those instructions actually are what got me three of the four I managed to catch.

I clicked on one of the treat images and ALL my treats were gone though what the heck?! >.<

I think that the drops not starting precicely ontime is just a 'trick', as it were - I have seen them start early and late and I thought it was fun.

I worked most of the night to get my eggs...and after I read a post reminding me to turn off javascript, I did that but still wasn't having any luck.

What did help me was keeping an eye on the bottom, right hand side of the screen. When the progress bar flashed across the screen (even when it crawled), the second it finished, I clicked. Yes, it took time and was a challenge, but I love challenges and I think that is what makes this game interesting. I hope everyone can get their eggs...now if i could get the last 30 or so treats I need smile.gif

Happy Halloween Everyone.

My goal for this Halloween:

Three new eggs, one pumpkin, and the rest of the treats.

Not gonna happen, but meh.

Happy Halloween everyone!

user posted image

Cute! You mind if I put it in my sig?

Has anyone tried forcing one of the new halloween eggs yet? But then again, who would force one of those eggs? xP I should experiment on one...

Have catchers seriously sabotaged scrolls in the past? Has anyone ever experienced this, or is it a Halloween Urban Legend?

Oh man 3 hours! That's much longer than the 5-8 hours other people have spent.

Also, most of the complaining is done after the hourly drop, after the failure. Or sometimes, while we wait for pages to load.

Well I could have been in that position, but I wouldn't complain about it. You can use whatever excuse you like, but the simple fact is I stayed up to catch my eggs so I didn't have to deal with this.

People just complain for the sake of complaining.

It's just the thousands of people refreshing at the same time that causes the lag. This is basically the equivalent of a DDoS attack, just without the intent of crashing the server.

don't forget that in addition to Halloween eggs, tricks and treats are still being generated and hunted so more that usual pressure on the server

* is much less miffed than last night since she got 4 in 3 1/2 hours*

I rotated between three windows while waiting for the " someone else" message then start over

no images no java and change the "page style"(in firefox don't know about any other browser) to 'no style" puts the three egg links closer together so you can click faster

Patience is a virtue.t I understand the frustration, but RL is like that as well,

things worthwhile are worth working for wink.gif

Even though it seems like I won't be able to catch one, I'm still having tons of fun. I think it's awesome that TJ takes so much time out of his schedule to provide us with these holiday releases, and that the Spriters used so much of their time to make these beautiful dragons. So even if I'm not going to get one, I'm still thankful.

Edit: And even though I'm thankful, I still can't spell xd.png

Edited by WindWolf0097