TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Do any of you Techno-Whiz kids know what actually causes this lag? Is it just the number of users all trying to access the same thing at the same time? It's not as if this is a brand new problem with technicians scratching collective heads, saying "Jeeze, wonder what's up with THAT?".

If this sounds dumb, 'scuse me please, I are a artist.

I hate using catchers. It's not fair on people who don't have somebody they can trust.

But honestly, when a mere conformation page takes three minutes to just tell you "You failed", this is so unfair.

I have one egg! OMG! Thank you! smile.gif

sigh, sooo frustating, trying all day long, turned off the images and java and still nothing sad.gif

Congrats to all who got them!

still any catchers out there?

Love this lag.

Addressing people who are accusing others of being "greedy". Get over yourselves. Seriously. If you were on the other end, with four eggs on your scroll, you'd be singing an entirely different tune. I have no eggs. I will attempt to catch them myself...if I fail, then no Halloween eggs for me. I'm not relying on a catcher. I've had my scroll for over two years and I'm not about to let some stranger have access to it and run the risk of losing over 300 dragons to get one egg.

I do agree that once you get your four eggs that you let others try to get them on their own. You kinda are snagging eggs someone has been spending hours hunting.

Let's be honest here, I'm sure there are some who don't want to actually work for their eggs and run off to a catcher without even trying to get an egg for themselves, and how would you know? Think about it, that egg you just handed off to someone could very well be a person who made zero attempt at catching it themselves when it was better suited for someone who was actually trying.

Food for thought.

Oh, and ah...Happy Halloween!

at this rate I may need a catcher. sad.gif

same here I use to not have to many problems and use to help others but since my move and down sizing my net I can no longer get the page to even load! If someone is welling to grab me one I would be more then pleased.

Do any of you Techno-Whiz kids know what actually causes this lag? Is it just the number of users all trying to access the same thing at the same time? It's not as if this is a brand new problem with technicians scratching collective heads, saying "Jeeze, wonder what's up with THAT?".

If this sounds dumb, 'scuse me please, I are a artist.

It's just the thousands of people refreshing at the same time that causes the lag. This is basically the equivalent of a DDoS attack, just without the intent of crashing the server.

Ishould have stayed on last night when they where first dropping. Thats when it seemed slower for me. Now I can get another one to save my life. Thank god I at least got one of the little buggers. I wold like one more to give to my lil bro but I don't thank that will be happening today. I wish I could get a catcher lol.

Congratz to ya'll whom actaully got to some.

Edited by Oceanic_Eclipse

Why does everyone have to be so mean to each other, jesus.

They're pixel dragons. >.>

Edit: Everyone is a general term. I don't actually mean everyone.

Edited by Wolfsong442

Ok i'll be away for like 15 minutes, then i'am back and i could try and catch for people. Just PM, and yes i'am using the ehmm "old" way xd.png

i'v been trying for 12 hours now, i dont think i'll get some this year to -__-

anyone willing to help me?

I also finally managed to get my eggs. I might be able to help on and off through the day with others who might need help. I can't guarantee.

All I can say is don't give up hope. As more people get their share there will be less competition to click.

After 4 hours of 30 second to 2 minute pages loads, I fell asleep in front of the computer with no Halloween eggs. Woke up this morning, no eggs in the cave. Strolled over to the AP and clicked on a vine. Actually GOT it! Ten gens, messy but not inbred. Do I keep the vine egg, (my first) or abandon it and continue the hunt? I unlock again this afternoon for one more egg, about 7:40 p.m., cave time. Any opinions on what I should do? unsure.gif

(The lyrics, "Halloween, without a pumpkin" meander through my head.) blink.gifxd.png

Why does everyone have to be so mean to each other, jesus.

They're pixel dragons. >.>

Edit: Everyone is a general term. I don't actually mean everyone.

Unfortunately, people lose sight of the fact that it is a game. Sigh. Now they are even complaining about people who use catchers - I used a catcher, my first time ever, and am very glad I did, or I wouldn't have gotten any - I have been locked out of so many event dragons it's not even funny.

Woohoo !!!

After 10 hours of tries and lags, I caught two eggs in less than a minute !

It was obviously my lucky minute of the day as I also managed to revive on of my hatchlings into a zombie biggrin.gif . Just perfect !

Good luck if you still haven't got an egg, don't give up happy.gif.

I have no idea how I snatched my only egg, but now I click on each, it lags for a minute then I get the 'already taken' message. Hopefully the lag will go away, or I'll get TJ to put the rest of them into my scroll himself, lol.

Unfortunately, people lose sight of the fact that it is a game. Sigh. Now they are even complaining about people who use catchers - I used a catcher, my first time ever, and am very glad I did, or I wouldn't have gotten any - I have been locked out of so many event dragons it's not even funny.

While it's just a game and pixel dragons aren't real dragons, the time we spend is very real.

Last year I asked a catcher to get me one, but then I was able to take a Yulebuck and two Snow Angels all by myself and felt uber cool.

So I decided to do it myself, turning javascript and images off. I'm also trying to get a third egg to gift.