TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

After spending like 4 hours on DC last night... I actually had a DREAM about Dragcave.... oh god.. >__>

I apparently have godlike powers - caught two eggs each for myself, my housemate, and my mother in half an hour. If you'd like me to catch for you, PM me - I've got nothing better to do! biggrin.gif

Darkrai, I have RR turbo, and zip though every other site in the blink of an eye...but not here. It's taken sometimes 1-2 minutes for the cave to refresh even once for me. I've spent my entire night, with about 3 hours of sleep, trying to catch these eggs for myself. My high speed internet hasn't done squat for me at all. Limit the eggs? Forget it. If I'm willing to deal with all this hassle, I'm getting all I can get out of it!

These eggs are so beautiful! I almost don't want them to hatch because then we won't get to see them again until (probably - I don't want to jinx it laugh.gif ) next year.

I must admit that I have never caught for anyone before, but I'm willing to do so today and I promise to do my very best =) Just PM me if you'd like my help happy.gif

It took me over 3 hours to get 3 of my eggs and my computer is slow as heck. Hell last night it took me 10 minutes to refresh the page ONCE and by that time those eggs were gone, but I didn't complain about it.

Why complain here, you could have spent that time you've been complaining refreshing at the main cave and would probably have one by now.

If I get the chance, I'm snagging one more, because Halloween is about getting as much candy(or eggs in this case) as you can.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

Got three- enough for now. One of my FOUR dead dragons went zombie, another got revived... I'm hoping to get some hatchies off of the AP to try for a hatchling zombie. If I can't, I'll happily settle for an egg vampified on Halloween ^.^

EDIT: Oh yesh, in the greedy debate- Halloween is all about hoarding treats- I don't see why people should not take advantage of that. If I had not found a break in the lag to snag these, I would have accepted it- like I did when I ever got a leetle tree. I was actually considering catching for people, but given that it took me four hours of non-stop resets to get these three, I doubt I could do much good.

Edited by zoreta

i dont think you are online right now but THANK YOU Shaddoflame!!!!

[name intentionally misspelled]

Edited by nepenthe.catharsis

I think those that are catching for other's deserve a pat on the back. Otherwise, a lot of user's may not get any eggs at all the way things are going around here. Do I sweat them 'taking up space'? No. They have every right to help people out if they want to. I'll keep doing what I'm doing, uphill battle that it is, and I'll be the happier for it when it's over. Does it suck fighting through all these problems? Big time. Will that stop me? Not on your life. I will have 4 eggs, if it takes me until the last second to get them.

... I just can't resist... xd.png (seeing all those eggs in the cave pass by..)

One more who has none and needing help in catching, PM me tongue.gif

Edited by Juzz

It took me over 3 hours to get 3 of my eggs and my computer is slow as heck. Hell last night it took me 10 minutes to refresh the page ONCE and by that time those eggs were gone, but I didn't complain about it.

Why complain here, you could have spent that time you've been complaining refreshing at the main cave and would probably have one by now.

If I get the chance, I'm snagging one more, because Halloween is about getting as much candy(or eggs in this case) as you can.

Oh man 3 hours! That's much longer than the 5-8 hours other people have spent.

Also, most of the complaining is done after the hourly drop, after the failure. Or sometimes, while we wait for pages to load.

Well I give up, by the time I refresh just once, and it reloads, the eggs are gone from the cave and my back won't let me sit here all day to keep trying. sad.gif

Oh well first set of holiday eggies I wont be able to get since I started playing on here.

I need a catcher ='(

I could Try and catch for you? :3 Just set a Temporary password and PM me the Temp password and account Username...

All right, finally caught one! I'm gonna catch a few more, then maybe I'll catch for other people too.

And before anyone calls me a greedy hoarder, didn't even TJ say that the Halloween drops are for grabbing as many as you can before others get them?

So...Much...Lag...Cannot...Catch...Anything!

I was lucky enough yesterday to get a pumpkin egg. But this-- This is insane.

I'm going to try my luck on the (somewhat) big hourly drops, because it's taken me almost 3 minutes to load if I got the egg I clicked on.

Ah well. I've been successful with breeding my Harvests, got my dead Silver (yes, I killed a Silver) to become a zombie, and I've got two vampy eggs who hopefully will hatch today. Also gonna finish up the Trick 'n' Treating session.

Try again later? =P

i tried unsuccessfully last night to catch for myself for SIX hours

i have never had a problem catching before this event.

if i could catch for you guys, i would.

best of luck to you all <3

I told myself "No, I give up", and puff, the 19473rd attempt is successful.

Let me see if it's the right egg or just a Mint with different description.

Nobody is a hoarder. It's just how the game is played. Instead of calling people greedy, just go and wait in the cave instead of complaining here.

AHA.

AAHAHA. I got one! I got one! I'm done! So happy...

Holy crap I got two.

Edited by Zovesta