TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Morgan, you are one lucky person. *got 0/5* D:

A proportional increase in supply of said bandwidths would prevent such lag.

Ah so I was right with the bandwidth? And yes, more bandwidth would be clearing up the lag.

Holy carp, is that the Fifth Element I spy in your sig? I LOVE TAHT MOVIE -goes into fangirl rage-

Well in 6 hours of trying, I got 1 egg, and after more than 40 minutes of waiting the next hourly drop hasn't started. I guess I ought to get some rest and try again later.

Yaaaay new eggs!

...Wait, that's another holiday egg I'll never manage to catch... *gloomy* But um, thanks TJ.

Oh wow! I can't believe it. I've been trying to catch an egg for the last 4 hours with no luck, went to have a look at my scroll and it turns out I managed to catch one two hours ago!

It's the first holiday egg i've managed to catch in the 2 years I've been here (unless you count the two pumpkins I managed to catch yesterday - those were a huge suprise too!).

How's this? Do I need to resize again?

Thank you so much.

*Puts in sig*

Edited by Nikki_Of_The_Night

Man, first holiday so I totally underestimated the lag... I was planning to try to get 4 eggs!~ xd.png

Edited by Hawktalon

I went 1 for 5 on zombies last year (and ended up turning a Frill into a Zombie adult, now I regret that). This year, I was 2 for 4 and completed my zombie collection.

I got like, 0/7 Zombies :C

How do you kill 7 dragons when the limit is 5? o.O

Morgan, you are one lucky person. *got 0/5* D:

All my five tries failed last year, so I know how that feels >< I got one this year though, a hatchling. My adults dodged.

I got like, 0/7 Zombies :C

2/2 killed zombified for me, which were two I planned to kill.

A frozen daydream I did not plan to kill dodged xd.png "Yo Helix, I don't wanna be a zombie, but-" -whacks with a stick-

Well, I got him with that at least.

ahh, this halloween is been bad for me today.. 0/4 zombies.. Been trying to get new eggs from 00:00 but still havent got single :S

*sigh*... I am unlucky lol... can't catch a new egg for my life...maybe I can hope they will still be around when I get up in about 9 hours...or someone will trade me one for a pumpkin/silver or something.. oh well

always next year lol

grats at all who got zombies/new eggs and happy halloween!

Hey, hey! Me's a happy Xocowerewolf smile.gif

I filled up my Treats basket about this time last night.

Earlier that evening I was gifted a purebred Pumpkin.

Now, this morning, after reading a couple tips from this very thread, I egg-locked myself with the new egg within fifteen minutes, after several hours of fruitlessly thrashing away at the Lag.

And the capper on the evening — I successfully turned my inbred Dorkface Sunrise, Cream Pie in the Dorkface, into a Zombie. She's so gorgeously hideous! [laughing maniacally]

Thank you ever so muchly much, TJ, spriters and Dragon Cave! smile.gif

ETA:

@Mordeth: There's a trick to it. Instead of hitting F5, you click the logo to make the page refresh. You wait for the load bar to fill. Then the user said to right-click like no tomorrow until you have an egg. I'm on an iBook so I don't have right-click, but what I did was bounce back and forth between the logo and the egg, click-click-click-click-click without waiting for the refresh. I kept going until I didn't see "Egg" anymore.

You also want to stop automatic loading of images, turn off Javascript and clear the cache before going to the Cave. In FireFox, go to "Tools" if you're on a PC or cloverleaf-comma for prefs, and it's under "Content" and "Advanced" respectively.

Edited by Xocowolf

I got 0/7 because like, most dragon's avoided my attack.

Oh, I see. Then I'd say I got 0/8, but I only counted the ones that actually died.

Catcher, as in someone else getting on your scroll to catch eggs for you.

YES - but where are volunteers ?

Quite a successful Halloween for me. It took a while, but I won't complain: Got four of the new eggs and could influenced them all, got all trick or treat goodies, got one Zombie (first time I ever tried that, unfortunately two dragons died for that experiment sad.gif ) and I bred all my pumpkins and kept two of those eggs.

Weirdly enough (guess because the AP is so full due to the new eggs) three of the Pumpkin Eggs I released never showed up in the AP and apparently no-one owns them yet (zero views/clicks). Will someone still be able to get them or will they die eventually because no-one can catch them anymore in the AP now? Would it help to post the codes somewhere so that people can get the eggs?

I have one zombie from last year, but since they vanish from the scroll for long periods of time I can't be bothered with doing it again this year. If I can't see them, I don't really want them.