TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Nearly 3 dozen eggs caught tonight o3O (or maybe over 3 dozen, I kinda lost track)

It's 4 AM, so I need to stop catching and get some sleep, but I thought I'd post the technique I use to catch in this lag. Hope it helps someone out!

Step 1: Disable Javascript and images

user posted image

This makes the Cave load much faster-- also you can click the egg link anytime, without having to wait for the little egg sprite to appear. I use Chrome, since I have found that to be the fastest, but instructions for disabling Javascript and images in browsers is easily available via Google search.

Turning off images in IE, FF, Chrome, or Safari, turning off Javascript in IE, turning off Javascript in FF, turning off Javascript in Chrome

Also, try to close as many programs on your computer as possible, and limit the number of tabs that are open as well. You need as much CPU as you can get.

Step 2: Reload the page by clicking the top banner.

user posted image

DO: Click the top right of the upper, largest banner

DO: Immediately then move your mouse to the far-right egg slot

DON'T: Click "Logout" instead >.<

DON'T: Go all the way over to the little "Cave" banner. The large banner is much closer.

DON'T: Use F5. I don't know why, but that always just gives me WSOD.

Step 3: Hover and watch.

user posted image

While the Cave tries to load, hover over that far right egg, and INTENTLY watch the little loading wheel on your browser. In Chrome, that wheel moves backwards until the page actually begins to load; I don't remember what it does in other browsers but it's probably similar. Also, hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard. This will make the "Get" page open in a new tab when you click, leaving the main page available to immediately reload and try for another egg.

Step 4: CLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

user posted image

THE VERY INSTANT that the little wheel stops spinning backwards (or whatever it does to signify lag in your browser) and does ANYTHING ELSE, click. It might start spinning forward, or it might just suddenly change to the egg icon. Either way, with images and Javascript off that wheel should be the ONLY THING on the page that visibly changes, so it's your only cue. Reflex is key. Also, make sure you're still holding down the CTRL key.

Step 5: Repeat.

user posted image

Don't worry about checking to see if you got anything-- as soon as you've clicked, get your mouse back up to that banner and start again. Get yourself into a click-hover-watch-CLICK-click-hover groove.

Once you have a ton of tabs open (or the Cave empties, whichever is first), you can go through those tabs and see if you got anything.

Good luck, fellow DCers!

Here it is.

How's this? Do I need to resize again?

user posted image

[IMG=http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a473/Emmathepiemonster/Deathshadow.jpg]

How's this? Do I need to resize again?

user posted image

[IMG=http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a473/Emmathepiemonster/Deathshadow.jpg]

Lovely C:

Cannot get the cave to load in less than 2 minutes even with disabled images and everything; 5 kills and 5 failed revives. NOT a good day.

Are there more treats around? I seem to have 93 now.

There are actually 94 now biggrin.gif two where added today.

Are there more treats around? I seem to have 93 now.

Expect to find one more! There seem to be 94 now.

well...I went off to go kill my dragons to create zombies. 2 avoided my blade, 3 disintigrated, and 2 became zombies. I now have a male and a female zombie

Hrm...I love how most of the lag is gone when there aren't any eggs. XD But then again, the fact that there aren't any eggs is probably the reason there's less lag...

Well at least I got my zombie biggrin.gif (after my fifth try!)

I may need to try and see if a catcher can help me. I've been trying for hours with no luck, I was already doing all the things said in the guide it's just my computer really is THAT bad.

More people on site on one page = less bandwidth distributed to each user= lag

Basically the reason for lag is people.

Now I might be wrong so don't hurl flaming logs at me D8 But then again, I may be right.

Hrm...I love how most of the lag is gone when there aren't any eggs. xd.png But then again, the fact that there aren't any eggs is probably the reason there's less lag...

Aye - suddenly everyone stops leaning on F5! xd.png

Ugh three evades and two crumbling to dust. I don't think I'll be getting a zombie this year :/

Catcher ?? WHERE catcher ! Gimme ? (link please !)

More people on site on one page = less bandwidth distributed to each user= lag

Basically the reason for lag is people.

A proportional increase in supply of said bandwidths would prevent such lag.

Happy Halloween...

lag..and atm no eggs dropping..*waits*