TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

what ever are you talking about?

tongue.gif Nice trick.

My dragons didn't want to become zombies but after two hours of hunting, I've got four new eggs on my scroll. *wohoo* I got up at six around here just for that, so now I can go back to sleep. xd.png

Last year my friend caught two pumpkins for me, this year I did it all by myself. biggrin.gif From my experience, it's easier to catch eggs just after midnight. Last year I tried throughout the day and it was a nightmare. That's why I got up early this time.

Happy hunting everyone and happy Halloween!

got one of the new eggs! Good luck to everyone still hunting; maybe I'll try to get one more when I'm NOT sleep deprived.

No zombies for me this year. two dragons died and one avoided the blade twice in a row (lucky dragon... I decided to be merciful and not try a third time. He gets to live for another year at least.).

On a side note, my computer has a lovely print over each of the three egg slots from all the times I've put my finger there to hold my place for clicking. xd.png

OK, so do you just sit there, hit F5, wait for the page to load, and once it loads click the egg really fast? With images and javascript turned off? Or is there some trick to it?

I honestly have no tricks. I put a little piece of a post-it note over the spot on my screen where the egg shows up so I could have my mouse there... I click the 'Cave' button instead of F5 also, cause it loads faster for me (dunno why). *shrugs* I must just have somewhat fast internet, even though I... don't...

well I turned everything off and it didn't make any difference, the page still just sits there and spins. I've cleaned the cache again and used CCleaner, and still nothing. I've been trying for over 3 hours now.

Um...hmm...there's more than 93 it seems...I just got a 94th... >_>

Ninja'd again!

Edited by IvoryRaven15

Wait, so...how many more tricks/treats are there?

I wish I didn't have to have images and javascript turned off so I could hunt for eggs and trick or treat at the same time.

I got 1/5 Zombies this year. My last attempt, the hatchling revived back to its normal self sad.gif

Got my 4 eggs too. Pretty satisfying halloween smile.gif

OK, so do you just sit there, hit F5, wait for the page to load, and once it loads click the egg really fast?  With images and javascript turned off?  Or is there some trick to it?

I don't think of myself as an "expert" catcher, but my two cents-

1. keep your pointer over where the first egg will appear. They are arranged so that the newest one is always to the right, so other people have had the least time to click it. Don't move your pointer from where it needs to be.

2. when you click, hold down whatever button is the shortcut for you to open a link into a new tab. I'm on a mac and it's the command/apple button, which is handy, because the refresh shortcut is apple+r so I'm already holding it down when I refresh. (this might not be a good idea if there is a looot of lag and it's slowing your browser down, though. with moderate holiday lag it works OK for me, and also lets you try as fast as you can refresh without having to wait for your click to register in the main window.)

3. go to the page one minute before whatever increment of 5 it is, because even though the short drops that happen at :20 and :25 have less eggs than the long drops on the hour or half hour or whenever, there are often less people around then waiting to catch them.

With turning javascript off, I've always managed to get as many holiday eggs as I needed.

Edited by mushumouse

I just found the 94th treat too. I also got three new eggs!! biggrin.gif I have a couple dead dragons left for zombie attempts...I'm 0/3 right now. :\