TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Noooooo just a fewe seconds my internet got a little bit faster, now it is back to super slow. rolleyes.gif

I would assume it is because it dropped down to apporx. 350 in the cave and it is now back up to 500+

....well then no chance for Dh to get eggy then... even with java and images gone she still van't manage to get an egg. maybe it's called Dragon Cave Egg Torture, where you see the egg but never can get to it... tis very very painful, and very effective if you wish not to hear much scream, ust stick a new egg in front of them each time before they get the chance to scream after you take it away...

I need both mental help (clearly) and egg-catching help since I won't be getting an egg by myself due to my fail of internet and time restriction... why couldn't they have the band contest/competition thing tomorrow!?

Whyyyyyyyy is my computer so sloooooooow?

Facebook is loading faster than DC. That never happens. D:

It's still lagging majorly for me....and I need to go to bed soon or my husband's going to kick up a fuss sad.gif ... Are there any catchers for this event?

Okay…I’m happy to see new dragons this Halloween…but why weren’t they released at the same time Pumpkin breeding season opened? I’d think that most Pumpkin owners have bred theirs already by now (not that they’ll be allowed to continue doing so for much longer), so there won’t be many dropping in the Abandoned page anymore. Also, how long will these new dragons be out? This is just uninformed speculation, but aren’t there lots of members who have scroll-locked themselves by now, and won’t be able to get these eggs?

Well most holiday drops only last one day, on the day of the holiday.

The only holiday that is different is Christmas, the new eggs for that holiday drop for more than one day.

Past holiday dragons can breed for about a week before hand so the eggs have a chance to hatch.

There's a difference?

A huge difference. When you hoard, you gather things and keep them. When you catch the new eggs just to kill them, you aren't keeping them, you just throwing them away so other people can't get them and we have to deal with the lag for even longer.

It's not really the spirit of halloween. I mean, how many children collect candy just to chuck it out?

Ugh, I'm loving the lag. Can't even load the cave's front page. ._.

If anyone would be kind enough to grab three eggs for me when they've got a chance... please shoot me a PM so we can work something out. Thanks!

Seriously, I've looked on every dragon cave page and I do NOT see a white orb, and I am specifically looking for it...

There's a difference?

Yes...a big one.

It would be hoarding if all the eggs you catch remain alive, but since they are dead they dont remain on your scroll forever. The four that live do. So why catch more than four. If anything wait til one hatches then go ahead and get more.

Well this is hopeless. I don't think I'll be able to grab a Halloween Egg on my sister's laptop, because along with the lag it's not even worth trying.

Maybe tomorrow when everyone is trick or treating I'll be able to get on my grandfather's computer and grab a few. If not, well then I guess I'm not getting ay Halloween eggs....

If you guys are this peeved by the lag, you should donate. Ad revenue only covers enough to keep the site running smoothly under normal conditions (I guess, because the site does run smoothly under normal conditions). Right now, the site is practically being dos'd, and it (apparently) hasn't got the resources to stand up to it. More money means more resources, which means a site that can stand up to 600 people refreshing it like mad at once.

Well if I had the money, I would donate, but I live on less than $600 a month, so there's no way I can donate.

Ouch, I wouldn't think getting a zombie was this hard. I really wanted an ungendered zombie hatchling, so I had some hatchies prepared..

0/5 dodged

3/5 dis-something'd (do I even want to know what that means?)

1 got revived succesfully.

1 turned into a genderless zombie <3

(not even sure if these stats are right, I'm half asleep at the moment)

I started running out of hatchlings and out of desperation I started killing my frozen waterwalkers (I sort of collect those)

Walking Knife didn't make it, Walking Pancake is a zombie.

I like to think that the albino who survived lost its soul and he got Walking Knifes soul when he died.

So I named the albino Holy Knife.

Well this all took 2 hours because my little DSi is pretty slow, especially with the lag, but I'm very glad with my leetle zombee. *hugs it*

Now I'm going to try to catch one of the new eggs (who look fantastic, by the way!) but I think that's pretty much impossible on the DSi. We'll see.

Thank you TJ for the post and thanks to everyone who organized this all so we can have a happy Dragcave Halloween.

Lots of good luck to everyone for zombies/catching eggs, and excuse me for my rambling but I really need to get this all out. xd.png

Happy Halloween!

I'm going off to bed now. I somehow through 2 hours managed to snag 3 new eggs and lock myself. I feel bad for my friend though. She was trying the whole time and didn't manage to get one. As the same with many. :/ Oh and I got one lovely zombie. ♥

Good luck everybody and happy Halloween!

Edited by Indelicately

Of course my apartment's internet decides to crap out and barely load anything, much less DC lag. >_< Oh well, i usually can't catch more than one Halloween dragon a year anyhow for some reason. Yay tradition?

I'm confused,

I have an awful connection and while everyone's complaining about a lag, I've managed to catch two just now.

I usually have to get people to catch for me, huh. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

Good luck to everyone else,

Glad you got yours PuggleMuggle.

Thanks, Amut un Rama! biggrin.gif I've also just revived my very first zombie. ^^

If I kill my dragons in attempt to get a zombie, and if it fails and the dragon stays killed, will that count on room on my eggs?

There's 2700 users on this site right now, not 500. 2200 of them are just on the "Someone else too kthe egg first" screen...

Whoo! After two hours of clicking repeatedly and listening to Shah Rukh Khan songs, I finally caught one!

If someone kills their new eggs, that will take up an egg slot for 24 hours, so there is no way that a person can have 6 of them, as someone claimed to see earlier. One can't have more than 5 eggs period, and one of those has to be a bred egg. I'm pretty sure that these aren't breeding yet, as even TJ's aren't hatched.

That said, I'm still waiting...

Well if I had the money, I would donate, but I live on less than $600 a month, so there's no way I can donate.

Oh, well of course there will be plenty of people who can't donate. I can't donate, because I'm in high school and my parents don't want to shell out money so I can get a Halloween egg more easily. Still, there are plenty of users who can and do donate. All I'm saying is that the more people who do that, the better the site will be.

I think I'll just stick to AP surfing from now on to try and catch a pumpkin egg D:

I'll have more chance at that than catching one of these with how slow my computer is xd.png