TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

What size do you guess they're supposed to be?

My impression from the descrip is that they're kinda smallish for dragons, maybe 8-10' long/15-18' wingspan. A little smaller than a Coastal Waverunner, but big/strong enough to grab a moose or a cow and drag it into the water.

a 10 foot dragon wouldn't be able to drag a moose anywhere. lol

Moose are huge walls of animal made up of the nightmares of a thousand children.

All of my Halloween dragons hatched, now I only have to wait until the grew up (and hope that the influence will work). laugh.gif

I was lucky to have 2...and 2 free Pinks to influence!

good luck that it will work smile.gif

I can't wait for my two little guys to grow up. Influenced to have a female and male, desperately hope I get one of each!

Love these dragons so much, so again, thanks a zillion times over to the spriters for bringing us these pretties. biggrin.gif

Mine have hatched yesterday, I'm hoping that influence has worked right. Will be an epic fail if my Pumpkins (without influence) gendered right and these (with influence) will gender wrong! ohmy.gif

Oh! I forgot about these wonderful babies ... I can't wait for mine to grow up! xd.png

Oh man, serious ego boost up in this thread.

It's awesome that you guys like them! In response to the 'negative' critique (don't be shy to offer it), the female sprite was actually a lot older than the male, between 6 months and a year (I have dreadful memory, shush). After a time like that, the little bugger grew on me, despite the flaws, so I freely admit that she's not as skillfully done as the male. We really struggled with these, and have been sitting on them since March this year...FINISHED, mind you. That's not considering the ages it took to actually progress through them. I had to fend Seiss off the male's butt with a stick because she wouldn't stop fidgeting.

Somehow we kept them secret the ENTIRE TIME, and the only trace to the 'public' would have been the unshaded version of the female from almost two years ago. ANYWAY, have a super-long post because the birdy is tired. Thankyou guys! wub.gif

I was going to wait until mine grew up before looking at them, you know, to get a surprise - I am soooo glad I checked out TJ's adults! They are absolutely amazing and now I am even more thrilled that I managed to get two mating pairs! Next year I am planning to freeze a couple of hatchlings so that I can view all the stages of this awesome dragon!

Way to go spriters!!!

It's awesome that you guys like them! In response to the 'negative' critique (don't be shy to offer it), the female sprite was actually a lot older than the male, between 6 months and a year (I have dreadful memory, shush). After a time like that, the little bugger grew on me, despite the flaws, so I freely admit that she's not as skillfully done as the male. We really struggled with these, and have been sitting on them since March this year...FINISHED, mind you. That's not considering the ages it took to actually progress through them. I had to fend Seiss off the male's butt with a stick because she wouldn't stop fidgeting.

Somehow we kept them secret the ENTIRE TIME, and the only trace to the 'public' would have been the unshaded version of the female from almost two years ago. ANYWAY, have a super-long post because the birdy is tired. Thankyou guys! wub.gif

It´s awesome that you guys managed to keep them secret for so long smile.gif

I just saw the adults and I think they are beautiful. They are now among my favorites on the site... I'm so glad I had a chance to get ahold of them.

You guys did a great job and I really appreciate it <3

Well, people are giving negative criticts on the female because they are comparing her to the male. This was done also with the Embers, the Ridgewings (I'm talking only of these release because are the only I was here, but I think that in every release this was done). The critics on a sprite should be done only on the sprite itself, because artists try to make males the more "masculine" and "epical" and the females, even if they are a gruesome and aggressive breed, more "feminine". The Black Mellow female isn't bad at all, remember even that they are lovable with their mates and sons, so she is also a loving mother. I don't see a reason to complain about her, it's a good sprite. And remember that, even if you don't like a sprite, it likes to its creator and so he/she will never change it for your whines.

Well, people are giving negative criticts on the female because they are comparing her to the male. This was done also with the Embers, the Ridgewings (I'm talking only of these release because are the only I was here, but I think that in every release this was done). The critics on a sprite should be done only on the sprite itself, because artists try to make males the more "masculine" and "epical" and the females, even if they are a gruesome and aggressive breed, more "feminine". The Black Mellow female isn't bad at all, remember even that they are lovable with their mates and sons, so she is also a loving mother. I don't see a reason to complain about her, it's a good sprite. And remember that, even if you don't like a sprite, it likes to its creator and so he/she will never change it for your whines.

I like portraying squishy females, I suppose, mostly because I myself am not squishy at all! Besides, Seiss and I pull our anatomy from reptiles and birds, hence the hideous hatchlings and the flashier male.

Also, they totally hork down food and store it in their throats to throw it up for their squealing spawn. It's pretty nasty. <3