TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Oh my, the male sprite is so so awesome biggrin.gif

Thank you spriters, those are awesome Halloween dragons!

Personally, I love your guys' female. :3 I can really see the detail of that throat, too, very nice. I even like the pose. Heck, the males tend to be more "showy" in nature anyway....personally i think they're both great in this case.

Besides, too many "epic" poses and then none of the poses look awesome anymore.

I completely agree. I think a lot is just a matter of perspective. To me the males are all, "Look at me! Look at me!" because they are trying really hard to get the female's attention while she's more "I'm beautiful and I know it so eh."

Anyway... I love both genders equally. I figured they would be great but this went well beyond what I had imagined. wub.gif

Thank you so much, Seiss and Dove. *hugs*

Edited by Sir Barton

Not sure about user count.

I really love this release though smile.gif

Yes, totally agree with you =D !

This release, how arm-killing it has been, was funny and worth to catch them biggrin.gif !!

Thanks again Seiss and Dove, male = awesome, female = cute happy.gif and the hatchlings are cute too xd.png !

Anyway... I love both genders equally. I figured they would be great but this went well beyond what I had imagined. wub.gif

Thank you so much, Seiss and Dove. *hugs*

well said. I was really like "What will come there!" because the ungendered hatchie was a bit ugly/creepy/uncute xd.png

Whoa! I just want to thank TJ and the Spriters. These are gorgeous. When I saw TJ's fully grown ones, they took my breath away.

Dovealove and Seiss, you did an amazing job on these. Thanks!

The Black Marrows are wickedly AWESOME!! Many thanks to the spriters, Dovealove, and Seiss. biggrin.gif

edit: spelling

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

You are all so sweet ;w;

I'll drag Dove around to make her read all your thanks.

@Layn: surry ;;

I am awed by the new dragons and their description! Many thanks!

As well I want to say many thanks for making halloween such a lovely loooong event. It was nice to get so many treats!

*sigh*

I refreshed on the male's page first, and was absolutely stunned with how awesome he looked. Those cool horns, the dynamic pose, the big bones sticking out of his back, the red on the end of his wings. I loved him!

Then I refreshed the female's page, and man was I disappointed. Compared to the male, the female is downright boring. Her pose isn't dynamic (she's just sitting there), her horns are puny, there's not many bones poking out of her back, her wings lack the cool red edges. Why, spriters? I understand that it's fun to create two different sprites, but why do the males need to be noticeably more awesome than the females? Why not create two equally awesome, equally dynamic sprites that are just *different*? If this were an isolated incident, I wouldn't mind so much but we keep seeing this over and over again on DC. The male sprites are usually better and that disappoints me soooo much.

Please artists, in the future if you're not going to make the females just as awesome as the males, then don't do dimorphism! I'm grateful for all your hard work, but this is so important to me! Please! There's no reason why dragons have to be like birds in terms of male/female appearance!

...Anyway, I've named three of mine. Bonehead, Marroween, and Skeletober.

Come on, don't attack it! I really think that female sprite is better, and it's soooo cool, I can't find any words to express my amazement.

It's absolutely awesome sprite, and one of the best in the cave. Can you tell me what exactly you consider to be its disadvantage? "Boring" or "dinamic" are just an opinion terms, they have nothing to do with the quality.

Dear Dovealove and Seiss, just wanted to say, that both sprites are absolute gorgeous, that's epic win which deserves nothing, but congratulations! Anyway, I love female sprite better cool.gif

Oh, the adults are so awesome! I'm already thinking up descriptions for for mine when they grow up. Thoughts are just rolling around in my head! I was going to freeze two and let two grow up, but now I know I'll just freeze one... and get more adults next year.

Everything about this dragon is stellar! It is in my top five favorite dragons for this site, easy.

You are all so sweet ;w;

I'm just glad I have three of them now : )

waited several years for these but I got them in the end *pets hatchlings*

Edited by Layn

You are all so sweet ;w;

Really, you guys stunned me, because for the first time, it was a ''Holiday'' release, in which I liked EVERYTHING .

From the eggs, to the hatchlings (S1 as well as S2), till the final adults smile.gif .

Normally, I dislike the hatchlings at any stage or something on the adults, but this was really no disappointment at all smile.gif .... even if the hatchlings are stated as uncute tongue.gif ~hugs them~ .

Hope to see more works from you and Dove together =D .

Duly noted and tucked away for next time. However, the pose wasn't what we were after in the female. It was her throat. Exposure of the throat is deemed to be a smexy act. LOL.

I love both of them.

It is very nice to have poses like these that are complementing each other because they allow us to see all features of these dragons (front and back of the neck, for example).

Thanks to the spriters!

*sigh*

I refreshed on the male's page first, and was absolutely stunned with how awesome he looked. Those cool horns, the dynamic pose, the big bones sticking out of his back, the red on the end of his wings. I loved him!

Then I refreshed the female's page, and man was I disappointed. Compared to the male, the female is downright boring. Her pose isn't dynamic (she's just sitting there), her horns are puny, there's not many bones poking out of her back, her wings lack the cool red edges. Why, spriters? I understand that it's fun to create two different sprites, but why do the males need to be noticeably more awesome than the females? Why not create two equally awesome, equally dynamic sprites that are just *different*? If this were an isolated incident, I wouldn't mind so much but we keep seeing this over and over again on DC. The male sprites are usually better and that disappoints me soooo much.

Please artists, in the future if you're not going to make the females just as awesome as the males, then don't do dimorphism! I'm grateful for all your hard work, but this is so important to me! Please! There's no reason why dragons have to be like birds in terms of male/female appearance!

...Anyway, I've named three of mine. Bonehead, Marroween, and Skeletober.

Well, personally I prefer the female. In fact I wish there were more stationary, elegant poses like that. Sometimes the "dynamic" poses just look weird to me.

Funny how opinions differ, isn't it?

Anyway, artists, please don't try to make the females "as awesome" as the males, because they are awesome in their own right. And some people might actually prefer it that way.