TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Yay! Thank you for finding them! *happily adds 'Grabber '10' badge to her sig* They used to be in a thread in Site Discussion. Did the topic get closed or something, or am I just incredibly blind? (Always a possibility)

I dunno blink.gif . I didn't even know there was a thread in Site Discussion. xd.png

My pumpkins are all at 4d1h, so they'll be growing up soon. My '10 eggs are cracking fast now, and should hatch in ~10 hours. Weee!

/prods TJ's dead hatchies. Baww.

i think my candy-hangover is over hahah. just wanted to give me way around the pumpkin scroll lock some people were upset about. i incubated one, so it hatched a day early. i fogged two, so had two hatchies and two eggs, this allowed me to get two halloween eggs, then i unfogged pumpkins, they hatched and i gave one away, then nabbed my 4th halloween egg. fogging is a great way to keep from full scroll lock to enable you to get both the pumpkins and new eggs smile.gif

Well, I'm very glad (and downright amazed) that I managed to get four Pumpkin Dragons this year, I managed to grab one of the new Halloween Dragons, and I loved the "Trick or Treat" event. Thank you for a great Dragon Cave Halloween! smile.gif

If you don't mind me saying, however, I really think the 2010 Halloween eggs should have been released for at least a couple more days (Wasn't that the case with the Christmas dragons?). Don't get me wrong; I really liked it that you could grab an unlimited number of Halloween dragons, but I suspect that a lot of members (like myself) who were unaware that there would be a new release (let alone how long they would be out), scroll-locked themselves in their efforts to snare as many Pumpkins as possible, and missed out on the new eggs. I'm glad I caught one, at least. But the hatchlings are so cool-looking that I wish I'd gotten at least two more, so that I could have frozen them. sad.gif Oh well.

TJ's Hatchies are All Dead?

Holy -Censored- on a -Censored- Sandwitch with -Censored- on Top................and a Side helping of -Censored-

*giggles* I heard that out loud in my head with Tristan's voice.

I hope TJ brings his hatchies back to life soon. They're so pretty I keep coming back to look at them every hour or so and I was disappointed to see tombstones instead.

...I should get out more. ._.

Two of my pumpkins have grown up and my 2010 Halloween eggs should hatch in about 10 hours. smile.gif

Well, I'm very glad (and downright amazed) that I managed to get four Pumpkin Dragons this year, I managed to grab one of the new Halloween Dragons, and I loved the "Trick or Treat" event. Thank you for a great Dragon Cave Halloween! smile.gif

If you don't mind me saying, however, I really think the 2010 Halloween eggs should have been released for at least a couple more days (Wasn't that the case with the Christmas dragons?). Don't get me wrong; I really liked it that you could grab an unlimited number of Halloween dragons, but I suspect that a lot of members (like myself) who were unaware that there would be a new release (let alone how long they would be out), scroll-locked themselves in their efforts to snare as many Pumpkins as possible, and missed out on the new eggs. I'm glad I caught one, at least. But the hatchlings are so cool-looking that I wish I'd gotten at least two more, so that I could have frozen them. sad.gif Oh well.

They will probably breed next year though, so you can try getting some for freezing then smile.gif

Mm. There are positives and negatives to having them out longer. There would be a bunch of lag for all the days that were out, but people would have more of an opportunity to get them. I'm going to have to say the one day that was done was fine. If you really needed to, you could have abandoned the eggs, right?

And, he made them a continuous release, flooding the caves with them. He even stuck an extra row in the Cave to make it easier. I'm fine with the one day they were out, and I would be even if I hadn't got any. Fair is fair. smile.gif

Do you think the male and the female adults of the new Halloween dragons will have different sprites? smile.gif

I wonder if TJ will be able to revive them a second time... Perfectly revived deads that died (or were killed) again couldn't even have a second attempt at resurrection. My guess is that TJ will be able to revive them, because he controls the website.

THEY'RE ALIVE!

Here are 2 pictures of when they were dead, for anyone who didn't get to see:

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by PieMaster

Well that's a first. I've never seen dead hatchlings in the release post... :/

I think they matured and during the day only a grave is visible, like zombies.

Hmmm, dc is dead again for me, still, maybe the dead is part of it? O_O And I'm guessing there will be male and female sprite, three eggs, one for the frozen hatchie, one for the female, and one for the male.

I think they matured and during the day only a grave is visible, like zombies.

They had a another day or two until they reached maturation though.

They probably just died from sickness again. It happened once or twice with these hatchlings already. He just revives them.

I wonder if TJ will be able to revive them a second time... Perfectly revived deads that died (or were killed) again couldn't even have a second attempt at resurrection. My guess is that TJ will be able to revive them, because he controls the website.

Yes. He will revive them. I've seen new release/event eggs/hatchies die and repeatedly be revived.

Speaking of things being dead, it's okay that my Zombies died right?

They snooze during the day. wink.gif

I got three! I wish I could have had four but I just didn't want to dump any of my pumpkins. Thanks TJ for making a second row of eggies and keeping the drop through the hour. I don't think I would have gotten any eggs otherwise (I couldn't catch any pumpkins last year).

I also wish this was a 48 hour event. This was my last weekend off until after the holidays so we took the chance to visit family that was a little bit further away. Thank goodness they understood our need to hijack their computer for a couple hours. (Hubby and son are hooked too!) smile.gif

All three of us also got a Zombie! Man are my dragons good at avoiding me. Fingers crossed for a Zombie hatchy next year.

I'm sad TJ's hatchies are dead. sad.gif I heard they gendered and couldn't wait to see them. Looks like I have to. Ha ha.

Edited by LowBelly

I saw the gendered hatchlings yesterday, but didn't comment. I'm sure how though lol as I absolutely LOVE these! Like seriously, these could be one on my favourite dragons biggrin.gif

Yeah. They'll be back tonight around midnight. They'll appear during the day on Halloween. (And on other 31st of a month, I believe.)

They are rather cute <3 I really want to hug them! I cant wait till mine grow up.

I'm guessing they're sort of like zombies, and they look dead sometimes.

That or TJ brought them back wif his mad skizzillz. biggrin.gif