TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I didn't get any Halloween eggs and no harvest eggs.

Is there something I'm not doing right? I never seem to be able to get the new eggs that come out.

Been here awhile now and just don't

have a nice variety of Dragons. sad.gif

Edited by bigbite100

I'm so happy with how the day turned out yesterday. At first I was gutted because all 4 of my zombie attempts failed (a little better than the 7 fails from last year). Then I couldn't catch any of the new eggs. I had a fantastic soul offer to catch for me and she did an amazing job. I was able to gift a pumpkin hatchie to Roon as well. Then when I got back from taking my daughter Trick or Treating the cave seemed to have sped up for me, so I caught about 20 eggs for other people last night. In the end, it ended up being a fantastic day.

I'm extremely grateful to TJ for doing everything he could to reduce the lag and make it easier for people to grab eggs. I'm also grateful to the spriters who made the gorgeous new eggs/dragons for us to admire. I know the hatchies claim to be remarkable uncute, but I have to disagree. They're adorable. i can't wait to see them grow up, and I dare say they may end up being my most favorite that have been released so far. Thanks to everyone who made this holiday so much fun. biggrin.gif

So, all three of TJ's hatchlings are dead. >> I wonder if that was our fault, or if it's intentional.

Out of curiosity, how easy is it to see the first few stage cracks on the new eggs. I keep checking mine and wondering if they're cracking or not.

(I don't think they've started to crack yet.)

Out of curiosity, how easy is it to see the first few stage cracks on the new eggs. I keep checking mine and wondering if they're cracking or not.

(I don't think they've started to crack yet.)

I don't think they have either.

Been wondering the same thing, actually. I never saw the cracking stages on TJ's eggs - I saw the s1 crack (which were really hard to spot), then I refreshed the page and all eggs had big holes. blink.gif Must have seen the s1 crack thanks to lag...

Is there something I'm not doing right? I never seem to be able to get the new eggs that come out.

bigbite100 you are a pretty new player, I see. There are many who have been playing a long time that may have gotten none either. It takes a fast computer (usually), lots of patience and quick reflexes in clicking....and when there are so many vying for the new eggs, a bit of luck.

Check out the forum for topics regarding gifting or catchers especially around the times of special events such as the major Holidays.

In the mean time how about making some friends on DC who might be willing to help you out on the next egg release.

(Spirlia @ Nov 1 2010, 12:22 PM)

So, all three of TJ's hatchlings are dead. >> I wonder if that was our fault, or if it's intentional.

Don't worry...TJ will resurrect them.

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

bigbite100 you are a pretty new player, I see. There are many who have been playing a long time that may have gotten none either. It takes a fast computer (usually), lots of patience and quick reflexes in clicking....and when there are so many vying for the new eggs, a bit of luck.

Check out the forum for topics regarding gifting or catchers especially around the times of special events such as the major Holidays.

In the mean time how about making some friends on DC who might be willing to help you out on the next egg release.

Don't worry...TJ will resurrect them.

Thanks for the encouragement, nice of you to answer a few questions I had!

Where do I make some friends here and how do I post my scroll?

They don't look dead to me...

hun, send me a msg as i'm at work and cant use full internet access. I can try to breed a pumpkin for you or even 2.

Well, that's it for Halloween 10 then? I've got three eggs. And I'm ready for next year! :3

Found them!

Yay! Thank you for finding them! *happily adds 'Grabber '10' badge to her sig* They used to be in a thread in Site Discussion. Did the topic get closed or something, or am I just incredibly blind? (Always a possibility)

Thanks for the encouragement, nice of you to answer a few questions I had!

Where do I make some friends here and how do I post my scroll?

For one thing - try getting a mentor.

There's a thread where you can ask for one.

Posting your scroll - look in the FAQs - if you scroll down, there are instructions.

For one thing - try getting a mentor.

There's a thread where you can ask for one.

Posting your scroll - look in the FAQs - if you scroll down, there are instructions.

Thank you fuzzbucket.http://forums.dragcave.net/style_images/dragcave/icon1.gif

It's probably been said a zillion times already, but I want to thank TJ for adding the second row of eggs, and the almost continuous rain of holiday eggs for the last few hours of the event.

If not for that, my husband and I would not have been able to catch any at all... this event had the most people I've ever seen in the cave at one time ohmy.gif

Thanks again, TJ!

Wish I was lucky enough to have gotten any. I wasn't lucky at all sad.gif I AM willing to trade a CB vamp for one though biggrin.gif (I have enough vamps I can convert CB eggs into a vamp egg.)

I concede to the point that the holiday dragons have never before been on the completed list...but these little guys still look very familiar...and they are maturing in a familiar fashion. If I'm wrong, it's still a really awesome looking little guy...but if I"m right...I'll be *especially* squee. happy.gif

Edited by IvoryRaven15

T'was a good Halloween all-in-all. My Zombie plans went sour, and the lag was tough but the double row of eggs was a big help and I had a little luck with the pumpkins. Thanks to ext3h for catching for me when I finally had to give up and take the kids trick or treating! But, as DeadGirl said, once things sped up, I was able to turn around and help other people catch. Always nice to be able to pass along a favor. smile.gif

I didn't get to see the s1 hatchies, but I'm loving these grim, crowish hatchlings and I can't wait to see the adults!

Halloween was good to me, too. I completed my "family" of Pumpkin dragons (1 each: male & female adult, male & female adolescent, and hatchie), I got all 92 treats (and the two extras yesterday), made 2 zombies on 5 attempts, and even though it took awhile, I got 4 of the new eggs yesterday.

It's been a good week. Thanks, TJ! Halloween 2010 was a blast!

Edited by Strick

Do Pumpkins come in both genders? The one adult from last year is female and so is one of my hatchies (just gendered). So I'm just askin'.

Thanks cool.gif

ETA: I just saw a couple of posts above mine that they DO! So....nevvvmyn...

Edited by oddsoxdi

Do Pumpkins come in both genders? The one adult from last year is female and so is one of my hatchies (just gendered). So I'm just askin'.

Thanks cool.gif

Yes. smile.gif

Wow I feel really stupid, but I just realised that the codes of TJ's Halloween dragons are GHST, Dead, and Bone tongue.gif

I stopped checking codes long ago since he stopped using cute ones for normal releases.

TJ's Hatchies are All Dead?

Holy -Censored- on a -Censored- Sandwitch with -Censored- on Top................and a Side helping of -Censored-