TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

xd.png That was fun. Missed out on the halloween dragon though. Drat. Darn you work, eating up all my free time.

To everyone who did not manage to get the Halloween drop this year...take heart! I know it will take patience...but next year, they will be bred (if possible) and gifted or abandoned for a second shot. smile.gif I know my family here will all breed theirs like they did this year. I think combined we pushed out 7 pumpkin eggs for the taking. happy.gif

I managed to get 3, but I don't have a Pink Dragon so hopefully I'll get a male and female. :S

Thank goodness I'm a fast catcher, took me only about a half hour to get 3 at around 8 last night, since I was out all day and totally forgot about the drops.

Hopefully everyone had a happy Halloween smile.gif

Edited by Peekay

I didn't get a halloween egg last year either xd.png and drat! totally almost snagged one.

:3 oh well, at least I know I had fun

Ahh the aftermath of Holiday drops. Exultation, moping and whining and crying that we were tricked, great gnashings of teeth over not getting an egg, and people actually being polite enough to say "Thanks TJ and artists and all". Each Holiday is different yet SOOOO the same. Was this drop better or worse than the Love Riot of Valentine's Day 2010?? The one day drops are particularly contentious because people get so stressed about the chance they might not get one of the precious new eggs - understandable of course. But saying TJ 'tricked' anyone?? Right there on the first page when he started dropping the little treats it said "and more to come". The lag WAS terrible, I was locked with hatchies that I HAD TO DROP in order to open up, when I had problems for hours, I asked a very very very nice lady to catch for me (kisses to you Skauble my dear!). Then when the lag sort of went away, there were six nice eggs in the Cave for hours. This was a DC first!

I'll add my voice to the chorus of thank you

Thanks SOOO much Teej and artists and all involved!! You're the full-size candy bar in my Halloween bag of goodies!!

Do the catcher banners mean you caught the eggs for yourself, or yourself and at least 1 other person?

THANK YOU SO MUCH SPRITERS AND TJ!!!!!!!!!

Edited by PieMaster

Oh I'm not complaining, because in truth I had fun. Sure i didn't get the tiny trick or treats, but I had fun with it.

I think it's adorable that some are putting up their holiday eggs in the ac, I keep trying to nab one but to no avail. :3

So yeah, I suppose thanks to everyone!

Well if womens southern exposure reminds you of a giant black hellish crack then yes?

STOP PEEPING THROUGH MY WINDOWS.

I did manage to get the new eggies. And um... is it me or does anyone else see a rather... uh.... southern female part on the shell? unsure.gif

*crickets*

Just me then?

tongue.gif

blink.gif

Just you !

This was actually rather frustrating. I spend hours trying to catch an egg and didn't get a single one. unsure.gif

But I just have to mention it. The eggs look beautiful.

This was actually rather frustrating. I spend hours trying to catch an egg and didn't get a single one. unsure.gif

But I just have to mention it. The eggs look beautiful.

I feel bad for you. I caught mine in a matter if minutes, and I also caught 2 for my friend in a few. Next year, though, people like me will breed our Pumpkins and Halloween 2010s.

Whoa, awesome mature hatchlings are awesome! Can't wait till they grow up! *__*

Wow, I can't believe I was able to scroll lock myself with the new release dragons considering I had to work 12 hrs. I tried for 4 hrs once I got off work at 7am, with no luck. The lag for me was terrible, it was taking literally 2 minutes for anything to load. Then when I got up, I had to get around for work... and only had about 15mins and still no luck and bad luck.

On a whim I check DC on my phone, during a break, and I actually nabbed the ones I have via my phone... granted it was between 11:40pm and 11:56pm. talk about cutting it close, but I am glad I was able to grab the ones I got.

Thank you so much to TJ and all the spriters who made this holiday event a lot of fun! biggrin.gif

I am in on the

thanks TJ and spriters

I caught mine and 4 for a friend-- maybe easier than in past seasons (developed a strategy that keeps me from getting frustrated)

They are sufficiently halloweenish biggrin.gif

can't wait to see the adults--

I think the lag was minimal considering that treats were dropping at the same time---

and the complaints after a holiday event make me grin, so very predictable rolleyes.gif

I feel bad for you. I caught mine in a matter if minutes, and I also caught 2 for my friend in a few. Next year, though, people like me will breed our Pumpkins and Halloween 2010s.

I think most people will next year, I know I'll do for sure - well, assuming not all four will turn out male (I seem to get only males, so far. tongue.gif )

And for me, the "switch of java and images" guide really, really helped. Maybe something like that could be made a sticky next event, so people can easily find it? And if so, add the link to the timer, as well, if there is something similar to the treats, that needs one.

EDIT: Naturally, just after I typed the above, when I checked my scroll, I got my first female. tongue.gif

Edited by Kaya Snow Princess

Hmm I wasnt so happy about last years valents. They looked skinned somehow, wich caused them to look creepy. But the redo made them look just as awesome as all the other evnt dragons ^w^

Since the new one is wearing a bonemask that resembles a certain venecian mask: do you think it will relate to the black death?

I am pretty sure they can breed next year and a lot of people will be gifting them just like the Pumpkins!

Well, I love the treats -caught them in a hurry before a long weekend out of town, so I'm still going to look at each closely in a bit, but they're very cute! Thanks all spriters :-)

Had lousy luck with the dragons though sad.gif *Very* bad lag, tried many times during the day even though I had to ask a friend to use his computer since I wasn't at home, and I could not get any eggs. Even the 'This egg is already taken' page loaded maybe 5, 6 times out of all the times I've tried clicking! blink.gif Then the last time I tried the cave stopped loading completely so I didn't even manage to breed my pumpkins anymore. And both attempts for a male zombie hatchy disintegrated (I have 3 zombies from last year so had only two tries left). Fortunately now I'm home and no major appointments the next few days, so I'm camped out at the AP until I've either caught the Halloween dragons I want, or until they're all either grown or dead! Can someone drop by with a packed lunch please? biggrin.gif

Yeah..thanks for the eggs and Trick and Treat and everything...smile.gif Can't wait for my eggs to hatch...

@Ready: did you make that banner?

user posted image

Loving it..