TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I tried all freaking day yesterday and didn't get any. Site was too laggy and, I think more importantly, there were just too many people. You'd think with having six on the front page at any given time that it would have been easier, but nope. Rather disappointing.

Got my four yesterday morning. It's weird that the cave is still laggy after the event. All the viewing sites load much slower than usual.

I heard that it was easiest the first drops. But I was still asleep then.

Wow! o . o I was just away over night to have some halloweenish fun with my friends and I seem to have missed a lot in this treat. Elric and especially the sudden unfortunate death of TJs hatchlings xd.png luckily he is the caveleader and can revive them that easy. it would have been sad.

talking about sad: i feel sad about all those bloodcrust-eggs in the graveyard ó A ò all died of sickness.

Still, does anybody remember the egg "XD" ? He is dead too xd.png

This egg followed us through several egg dropping announcements and was merely a joke, still it amuses me because it died on halloween! You think it will arise from teh dead on easter? ; )

Got my four yesterday morning. It's weird that the cave is still laggy after the event. All the viewing sites load much slower than usual.

I've found the same thing. I've got a reasonably speedy connection, but some of the sites won't load at all for me, or take several minutes to load and refresh. And it's taking me ages just to check my scroll.

Same here.

I can't believe it's over now ;o

Didn't the pumpkin drop last at least two days last year?

I might be wrong but it couldn't be only one day.

I didn't manage to catch any halloween eggs sad.gif

I tried for many hours...I am always a good catcher..but I didn't catch any -.-

Stupid question... How is "influencing" the gender working? I couldn't find it in the FAQ. And while I've always just let my eggies and hatchies grow, I don't have a clue ^^"

Yep, at least for me .

I got all 4 for me and my sister at the first drops and later, when people asked me for help, I had a hard time catching ... I was here, almost at the whole event and when the 6 eggs were there, I finally could finished catching X_x .

My right arm nearly fell of yesterday and for the first time, at Cave-hunting, I had to gave my arm 1 or 2 hours to rest, before I was able to catch again wacko.gif !

After all, it was fun anyways ^^ and I also got all 94 treats =) .

Edited by Shichibi

I managed to catch 4 of them but the cave was realy laggy and it took a long time. I wouldn't have cought any except someone was kind enough to post a "how to" instructions about how to catch in a laggy cave. I got all four my first time trying it.

I have to say I like these new dragons already they go with the halloween theme. Don't get me wrong I like the pumpkins they're very cute but they don't exactly inspire fear. These new ones are much more creepy much more keeping in the spirt of halloween.

It's weird though for whatever reason the cave is still laggy

Edited by Ramroth

Stupid question... How is "influencing" the gender working? I couldn't find it in the FAQ. And while I've always just let my eggies and hatchies grow, I don't have a clue ^^"

The pink dragons have a "breed specific action" called influence. You go to the action page of an adult pink dragon, hit influence, and choose the egg you wish to influence. The dragons will influence eggs to become their own gender, so male dragons will influence eggs to be come male, and females will influence the eggs to become female. Mind you, the influence won't work every single time.

Pink dragons have the "influence" BSA. I used it on my two pumpkins so I could have one male and one female, and it worked. I also used it on my two new Halloween eggs, but won't find out the result for a little while. Most of the time that I use it, it ends up working. smile.gif

Many thx for the great days it was awsome !

That many my follow

cheers

ecco

Nimrodel and roughlandingholly

Thank you so much smile.gif

I will try it and cross my fingers then ^^

Edited by shirubaaneko

my influencing always works...

anyway--I think that since the lag on the site kept some people from aquiring even one of the halloween dragons, the admin should extend the drop date till midnight tonight.

So that's what the new dragon hatchlings look like? Aww man! I wish I had gotten one. I tried literally for hours yesterday to snatch a couple up.

Happy belated Halloween everyone.

Thank you to TJ and the spriters who made this Halloween event possible!

I know "thank you"s get drowned out in the complaints, but so many of us are so thankful that you all work so hard to do things like this when you don't have to.

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

(Now for the half-price candy wink.gif)

Wow. Love the hatchie sprites; they're creepy and awesome! Can't wait to see what the adults look like. =)

Edited to add a thank-you to everyone who contributed to this awesome holiday event. biggrin.gif

Edited by MissVampire13

hmm, i wasn't lucky this halloween.

No pumpkin, no zombie and no halloween egg... that sucks!

But still a nice event.

2 of my pumpkins gendered female, and the third gendered male biggrin.gif I hope that the same thing happens with my 3 new Halloween dragons, but 2 male and one female, so that I can have 3 male Halloween dragons, and 3 female ones, too. I also managed 91/94 of the treats! I ONLY HAD 3 MORE!!!

Edited by PieMaster

I didn't get all the treats, but I got enough so that my rows are even. (I'm a little weird about that.) So I'm happy.

I did manage to get the new eggies. And um... is it me or does anyone else see a rather... uh.... southern female part on the shell? unsure.gif

*crickets*

Just me then?

tongue.gif