klinneah

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I've watched plenty of Lets Plays of the game and custom stories.

I do own it but it refuses to work. If you guys like it you should try haunting ground.

Oh. people say the perfume looks like plague doctor? I think Spritzee looks like a flamingo too. Make it evolve into a ghost/fairy. Or dark/fairy. Or ghost/dark. Or ghost/flying. I don't know. ninja.gif

I just got to the dungeon the last time I played and now I'm too scared to start playing again XD I heard that it's one of the scariest parts of the game.

Yes! Finally, I got the opportunity to try it out and this is the most exciting game I've ever played. laugh.gif

I just gotta say that my sister has been playing the newly-released sequel, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (somethin' like that) and it is nowhere near as scary.

That's sad to hear. I loved both Amnesia and Penumbra and I was expecting something really terrifying. Unfortunately, it doesn't run on my computer so I'll have to wait to try it out myself. sad.gif

I actually find the sequel to be more terrifying than the Dark Descent! Whether it was because I went into it without viewing any walkthroughs (I enjoy seeing other peoples' fear xd.png) first, or because I find pigs more terrifying than monsters... I can only go 5 minutes at a time before having to Save and Exit to take a breather. laugh.gif

I've yet to complete A Machine For Pigs... but I'm hoping it doesn't take me as long as it did to get through Dark Descent haha. Many sleepless nights to go... wish me luck!

Played a few hours of it and it's a great game happy.gif It's a tad spooky, but I wouldn't say I was uber scared tongue.gif

I should really look into a machine for pigs too smile.gif

Bumpin'. Can't believe this thread is still here years later!

It's important to note that Machine For Pigs is not a true sequel to The Dark Descent, and it was made by a totally different dev team; it's more of a side story. I actually think it's unfortunate that it was released under the Amnesia title, as I think both the original game and MFP would've fared better without being associated... but alas.

For those that aren't yet aware, Frictional Games is currently developing a new game! It's a sci-fi/horror game called SOMA, slated for a 2015 release (for now.) Here's the site: http://www.somagame.com/

Further info...

The radio has gone silent on PATHOS-2. As isolation bears down on the staff of the remote research facility, strange things are happening.

Machines are taking on human traits and alien constructions have started to interfere with routine. The world around them is turning into a nightmare.

The only way out is to do something unimaginable.

There's some additional backstory & info on the site. The gameplay trailer is pretty cool, although to me it doesn't provoke the same kind of fear that Penumbra & Amnesia did, which is sort of a bittersweet thing. Love the level design thus far though, has a very Alien/H. R. Giger look to it. Apparently it's being developed for both PC and PS4. Hopefully I'll have the money by then to get a better computer so I can actually play it... :S

I adore this game...not so much A Machine For Pigs, but the original Amnesia, and there are sooo many good Custom stories.

I'll admit, I haven't played these games myself though - I would freeze up in fear and never get anything done LOL. But, I do watch a YouTube streamer who plays a lot of horror games, and his playthroughs have me totally hooked. I love watching his streams, and playing vicariously through him, lol.

I adore this game...not so much A Machine For Pigs, but the original Amnesia, and there are sooo many good Custom stories.

I'll admit, I haven't played these games myself though - I would freeze up in fear and never get anything done LOL. But, I do watch a YouTube streamer who plays a lot of horror games, and his playthroughs have me totally hooked. I love watching his streams, and playing vicariously through him, lol.

Sounds like you watch Markiplier - He loves Amnesia xd.png

I also love the custom stories, but some are soo confusing blink.gif

Sounds like you watch Markiplier - He loves Amnesia xd.png

I also love the custom stories, but some are soo confusing blink.gif

Ding Ding, you are correct! I didn't want my post to seem like an advertisement for him though, lol <3