~!~

Usefulness of "Kill"

From what I have heard before, The "Kill" action is used to force an egg to hatch prematurely (before EQ BSA was available). But usually its for making zombies.

I always assumed that was because they hatched or something, but then again Im not super familiar with how the AP works.

Even on the AP, eggs can hatch and subsequently grow up only if they have the stats. Currently (with the visible AP at an average of 4d 6h), an egg that has been put into hatcheries and subsequently been dropped to the AP could hatch before it ever gets visible on the AP, and later grow up and stomp off into the wilderness (it will say "wild dragon" on its page). This has been tested sometime last year, when the AP was in a similar condition.

With the last Halloween holiday wall, many common eggs died behind the wall because they never showed up, which is how we know that eggs on the AP *can* die - but that was a rather special circumstance, a once-in-a-year thing. Otherwise, the eggs with the lowest countdown are always at the top of the AP, and if they are insta-hatchable, there is alway someone who picks them up - they never linger there in plain sight for long.

~~~

Personally, I used Kill only for making zombies. I don't force eggs, and I rather freeze than kill (e.g. if I like the code, but not the lineage).

I broke down and killed two of my dragons.

But the result is a rather pretty lineage:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/zBrES

Actually I am planning to do it again next year. I got a very messy Holly from the AP this year. I'll breed with a very messy mate during christmas, keep the egg, influence female and make sure the little girl ends up an orphan.

*sighs* I had no idea I was this evil.

Edit: This lineage is great too and the nice thing is I didn't kill ANY of the ancestors.

There was a thread about dragon lineages like this once, I think. I can't find it anymore though.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Killing is great when you need to enrage Aegises. One dead hatchling does the work for several Aegises.

Thanks rinoa26! I kept searching for 'grave','tombstone' or 'kill'. I didn't think about funeral.

Jazeki - good point. Right now all my Aegis dragons would be happy to become enraged.