~!~

Usefulness of "Kill"

Wait - by killing an egg you can force it to hatch? I thought if I'd kill an egg, it would be, well dead in every case?

Only by earthquaking it as far as I know ?

Wait - by killing an egg you can force it to hatch? I thought if I'd kill an egg, it would be, well dead in every case?

No, If you read the egg description, it says that the egg is ready to hatch early on. The "kill" action is used to "force" the hatchie out. It can be killed, hatch and auto abandon,or hatch and stay

@ fuzzbucket the "earthquake does not always kill all the eggs, The percentage of kill is very high, but some eggs are totally unaffected and some do hatch early.

I only used it to get zombies which I manged to get this halloween xd.png. Thats probly the only time I'll ever use it

WB

I only used it to get zombies which I manged to get this halloween xd.png. Thats probly the only time I'll ever use it

WB

Same here!

I was really sad when I kill them... :/

well at least I have a zombie in my scroll laugh.gif

No, If you read the egg description, it says that the egg is ready to hatch early on. The "kill" action is used to "force" the hatchie out. It can be killed, hatch and auto abandon,or hatch and stay

@ fuzzbucket the "earthquake does not always kill all the eggs, The percentage of kill is very high, but some eggs are totally unaffected and some do hatch early.

Oh I know. I just don't know ANYONE who had one that didn't kill the LOT.

And I did NOT know one could kill ONE egg to force a hatch....

Hmm, it's a very interesting idea. However, the problem I'm having with it is there are less possibilities for what people can do if kill and revive were merged. Even if no one in the whole game used it, I don't quite like the idea of taking away options. And anyways, a great many others have their own uses for it.

o kill option = useful in its own way.

kewl. Trying to learn the ropes of the site ^^;

But i was wondering... how long does a dead egg stay on your scroll for?

Two weeks exactly.

HUGELY ninja.gif ed, didn't realise how long ago that post was compared to the time now tongue.gif

Edited by Emerald_Shadowclaw

There has been mention of killing to force a ND o hatch... so a question - think EQ and Kill have the same chance to make something hatch and an equal chance to kill? Presuming that there's only one egg on your scroll, that is.

Edit for typo.

Edited by AlternateMew

Oh I know. I just don't know ANYONE who had one that didn't kill the LOT.

And I did NOT know one could kill ONE egg to force a hatch....

There are people who have been trying to purge the inbreds by catching and quaking ,but being frustrated by the fact that they were not affected-- even by multiple quakes laugh.gif

Always the opposite of what you want Murphy's Law

I have no problem with "kill" since the 5 limit was implemented. Some people joined ( way back in the day) and simply caught eggs and killed them all ,pointless IMO. the "kill action" gives another option on how to play the game.Options are always a good thing! We all play a little differently.

I've only ever used it for teh zombees. I don't care a whole lot about lineages or children or whatnot and have never killed any adults (I wanted zombie hatchies).

I have used the kill option when creating my zombies this past year. Other than that not really. Most of the time I end up with more kills than I want trying to convert eggs into vampires so I really don't need to add to my total. But I can see it's uses. cool.gif

Edited by Misha

Kill is highly useful for forcing ND eggs without risking any other eggs on the scroll. I'd be annoyed if it was removed. wink.gif

Same for me. While I think my ND would have managed to hatch on his own I didn't want to risk it so I forced him with Kill. It's an incredibly useful function because you can use it to force a single egg without risk to others.

Same for me. While I think my ND would have managed to hatch on his own I didn't want to risk it so I forced him with Kill. It's an incredibly useful function because you can use it to force a single egg without risk to others.

What - you can do the kill on one egg to force it ? Not EQ it ?

What - you can do the kill on one egg to force it ? Not EQ it ?

Yes, Kill is useful for Neglected trys because unlike earthquake you either force it or kill it. The earthquake option can have no effect and when your on your final seconds a no effect can be bad. Not to mention it can kill every other egg you have to while kill is for a single egg with no risk to any of your other eggs.

If you can see from my signature, i'm against killing dragons. I can understand, not agree with mind you, when someone kills off an inbred common. However, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would kill off a rare hatching and/or egg. I know hundreds of people on this site that would LOVE to have a gold or silver, even if it was horribly inbred. I include myself in that group. Sometimes will pick up eggs by accident on the AP and then keep them simply because they ARE inbred and I worry that if I toss them back, they'll be killed on sight.

Every gold that's killed gets brought back in the ratios as another gold; quite possibly a BETTER gold. You should thank people like me who occasionally kill inbred metals in order to clean up a lineage.

I like the kill action just how it is, personally. Like others in this thread, I also sometimes use it to clean up lineages (although not often, since it feels like cheating xd.png) to make zombies, and sometimes to force eggs. I also like to have it around in case I accidentally breed the wrong dragons together and create an inbred egg.

I never thought of using it to clean lineage.

How exactly does that work?

I used it 2 years ago to get my 2 zombies, I only need one more and I have all the stages..kinda forgot about it this year dry.gif

Every gold that's killed gets brought back in the ratios as another gold; quite possibly a BETTER gold. You should thank people like me who occasionally kill inbred metals in order to clean up a lineage.

I like the kill action just how it is, personally. Like others in this thread, I also sometimes use it to clean up lineages (although not often, since it feels like cheating xd.png) to make zombies, and sometimes to force eggs. I also like to have it around in case I accidentally breed the wrong dragons together and create an inbred egg.

Well - I am not thanking anyone. Lots of people - like me - don't mind about inbred lineage. Sure I like some clean - but for completion - don't care !

I've only used Kill to get a zombie. And when I first joined because I misnamed an ungendered hatchie with a male name, then it wound up female. Now, this was a loooong time ago. ;3

I've never used kill to clean a lineage. That's just a bit...cruel even to pixels. Inbreeding her no consequences to the actual dragon...just that people don't like it. Of course, I have released a whole line of inbred silvers just because I had gotten a couple other silvers without that inbreeding. If I was going to AP a silver egg to be nice, and it would up dead because of being inbred I would be highly displeased even if the inbreeding wasn't my fault in the line.

I used it for my Zombie tries. And I killed an egg as a newbie because I didn't want it and I didn't know about abandon.

I used it for my Zombie tries. And I killed an egg as a newbie because I didn't want it and I didn't know about abandon.

Ah yes - for zombies you have to.....

As others have said, "better" is subjective, so no I don't thank people who kill metallics because they don't like their lineages, anymore than you would thank someone who caught and killed caveborn golds because they wanted to raise their chances of breeding gold eggs for their personal lineages. (That said, I accept that people have the right to do what they want with eggs on their scrolls; the only time it actually annoys me is when it's a gifted dragon that the recipient promised not to kill.)

I'm planning to use kill on two of the (self-bred) black dragons on my scroll so I have an alt black with two dead parents, as I think this has the potential for a nifty lineage wink.gif I also find it at least theoretically useful for ND experiments, although I haven't used it yet (I used earthquake on one experiment as I was out of kills at the time; it hatched the ND and left all the other eggs unaffected, so I was happy).

I honestly don't see what makes any gold "BETTER" than the next.

Or any black, or silver, or pink or any other other type of dragon.

So I'll withhold my thanks as well.

Chances are that other gold released would just fall into another junkie's hands anyhow. God forbid some inbreeding NOOB who knows nothing ends up with it. Then you'd have to kill the parents out of shame.

Why kill if you can release?

Yeah, they are pixels, but they are cute... for example, in my imagination they are alive (today I dreamed with them), they are our hobby. I don't care about inbreeding. Yes, if I have to choise, I will take the one who has a clean lineage. A gold is a gold, just like that... :S

I only used kill for get a zombie last year. I have one adult, male. This year I will use it with some females, and for the hatchlings... oh, well, I'm going to hide them so I don't have to kill them :S they will die because anybody clicked them... :S

(3 males, 4 females)

O and I killed an egg that I caught from the cave because I didn't like it and I couldn't use abandone tongue.gif

I'm withholding thanks as well. I see no difference between a CB and bred dragon, so it annoys me when other players kill inbreds (especially rares). Why? Because there's always a player who doesn't have that dragon, and really wants it that you could gift it to/trade it.

(By the way, I only killed a dragon to get my little Zombie 'cause the zombie hatchlings are so cute. I'm not going to kill anymore)

Edited by sapfirewolf