~!~

Usefulness of "Kill"

When was the last time anybody used the "Kill" action on anything? Incubate and Release pretty much cover any usefulness Kill had, except to get zombies. Why not ditch "Kill" altogether and just list "Reincarnate" as an action for hatchlings and adults, and have it do "Kill" and "Revive" all in one fell swoop? (Unless, of course, the dragon has died for some other reason, like a hatchling dying from overviewing.)

I like using kill to keep unwanted babies from showiing up in lineage pages. I've also used kill to purposefully break lineage lines as well, in order to hide messy lines or inbreeding. I would rather that the kill option not be changed at all.

^ ditto

For certain dragons whose names I like and can't bear to release, I killed off the parents to clear out their lineages. I've also killed children of dragons to remove them from my own lineages; for example, once I got my cb female silver a permanent partner, I decided she should have just one permanent mate, and killed all of her previous children.

The only use I personally have for Kill is to try to get Zombies.

The kill function is also from back before there was a release option. Your only course of action to get rid of a dragon was to kill it when I first joined.

Becuz i r EVUL and so must KILL.

But rly, I enjoy using it to remove dragons I've bred who aren't of the right breed (ex. my failed attempts at making a 3rd goldfeesh -__-wink.gif

I think the same... buuut... ¬¬

I am not sure if I'm going to kill for zombies... I love my dragons... really xd.png

I've only ever used it once: to kill off a gold adult that I bred without realizing her mother was inbred. :| I debated releasing, but I didn't want her on my other gold's list of children.

Now, the only reason I'd use it is for zombies.

I occasionally use it to force eggs, since it's so much more specific than Earthquake. I like having the Kill option there for the odd time I need it.

I use "kill" to prune lineages every now and then. I have found alt blacks to be good mates for golds, but I don't like having to wait for a low-gen or pretty-lineaged one. Instead, I just take any, wait until it gives me a few gold offspring, then prune it and replace it.

Forgot about using it for forcing too. For things like neglected experiments or trying to force eggs in general, I'd rather not risk all of my other eggs with earthquake.

I did kill a few to try for a zombie during Halloween, but when all were failures, I felt so bad about killing my precious babies, I am gonna look at the kill option as a worse option. Other than that, I've never used the kill option for other things, even for dragons with ridiculous lineages. I don't care if I get a dragon with long lineages.

EDIT: Oh, my bad. I started back up an old topic.

Edited by Kamoodle

I love how just offing dragons to make a "clear" lineage is fine, but OH, INBRED DRAGONS? DISGUSTING.

People....I swear.

I just use Kill for zombies. Even if my dragons have a long lineage, they're still dragons.

If you can see from my signature, i'm against killing dragons. I can understand, not agree with mind you, when someone kills off an inbred common. However, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would kill off a rare hatching and/or egg. I know hundreds of people on this site that would LOVE to have a gold or silver, even if it was horribly inbred. I include myself in that group. Sometimes will pick up eggs by accident on the AP and then keep them simply because they ARE inbred and I worry that if I toss them back, they'll be killed on sight.

I used kill twice to get two zombies. I got lucky in both cases, so I probably won't use it again.

But I can see why some people could want to use it, so *shrugs*

o kill option = useful in its own way.

kewl. Trying to learn the ropes of the site ^^;

But i was wondering... how long does a dead egg stay on your scroll for?

Edited by mindz_eye2

I use kill, but before this christmas I only used it to get zombies, however, that kind of changed the 24th for me, I used it to get my ND to hatch. And I guess that's what I'll continue to use it for, zombies and to get NDs to hatch in time.

When was the last time anybody used the "Kill" action on anything? Incubate and Release pretty much cover any usefulness Kill had, except to get zombies. Why not ditch "Kill" altogether and just list "Reincarnate" as an action for hatchlings and adults, and have it do "Kill" and "Revive" all in one fell swoop? (Unless, of course, the dragon has died for some other reason, like a hatchling dying from overviewing.)

Because there is another very important use of kill. If I tell it now probably lightning will struck me dead on the spot though (I think it´s an unwanted topic).

But there is another use besides Zombies as far as I am aware of, but I might be wrong.

o kill option = useful in its own way.

kewl. Trying to learn the ropes of the site ^^;

But i was wondering... how long does a dead egg stay on your scroll for?

Two weeks. To the second you killed.

Kill is highly useful for forcing ND eggs without risking any other eggs on the scroll. I'd be annoyed if it was removed. wink.gif

Wait - by killing an egg you can force it to hatch? I thought if I'd kill an egg, it would be, well dead in every case?