Sign in to follow this  
RuthlessWolves

Parents

My mom is very hardworking (workaholic for reals). We're kinda but not really on the poor side (I live with her), we've got my dad to support for us even though they've been divorced since I was five years old. She and I have gone through a lot of putting up with each other, but for the most part I think we've stopped caring about what's going on between us (in a bad way, we're there for the good things or when other people are messing up).

My dad isn't here much (truck driver), but he does help a lot. I get to talk to him every single day thanks to cellphones. He's pretty dorky when I'm with him. I just keep on finding new surprises, though.

All in all, I love both of my parents a lot. I wouldn't be the person I am if it wasn't for them. And I know that they'll help me get even better with time.

You are your dad's children.  She's not much of a girlfriend if she see's you as 'extra baggage' and I'm sure she wasn't blind to the fact that the guy had kids.  Don't judge your mom too harshly.  There may be things behind the scene's that went down that you have no knowledge of at this point.  And besides, you're dad doesn't exactly seem to be too broken up over losing your mom since he seems to spend every waking moment with the new girlfriend.  That doesn't sound to me like a man that cares one way or the other about a broken up marriage.  It's sounds like he's having a great time.  The guy isn't even divorced yet, and already has your mom replaced.  I'd be one spiteful **bleep**, too, bet on that.

Please don't judge my family too harshly, you sound very opinionated.

They broke up because Mum was cheating on him. And I can't forgive my Mum because she told everyone I was lying when I called her out. Because she was spiteful to my Dad whilst he was pushing her around in a wheelchair, because she went on dating sites whilst they were married.

Dad's girlfriend is lovely, and I didn't mean to make her sound like a bad person.

And he didn't "already replace" my mum - Mum left us in April '09 and his girlfriend moved in more than a year after that. In fact, since she moved in, my life has been much calmer. I want to allow my Dad to have a bit of happyness, but I simply meant that I was worried that I'd get in the way of that.

Edited by Sparkeycat

My parents are literally the evils of the world. They haven't tried any censorkip.gif like murder's "dad" did, thank god for that.

Hrm, so, I'm 17 yet they treat me like I'm 12. I have to be in bed with the lights out at 21:30 or 22:00 (pfft, like that ever happens). They took away my computers, so I have limited internet (went out and bought my own). They haven't accepted that I'm gay, despite the fact that I told them years ago. If I were to tell them about my girlfriend I'd probably be grounded for life, since she lives so far away and we have never met. Oh and because she is a girl.

My dad is a consultant working with a survey company who works with the military. My mom doesn't have a job because apparently she needs to stay home to watch me.

I fight with my parents basically continuously. Our fights get pretty bad.

So yeah...parents.

Edit: Oh you know, fail kiff fails.

Edited by kiffren

Sparkey, everyone in these forums is opinionated, but that's beside the point. Sorry, didn't mean to give offense, but I was going off the description of the situation that you gave...I didn't know all of those other lovely details at the time.

And no kid is going to 'get in the way' of a relationship that's a good one. You were there first, have always been part of his 'package' and I don't know about other parents, but my kids always come first, before any man I date. Anyone who has a problem with that can hit the road. I'm glad things are calmer and smoother for you now. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

My mother was always very cold and careless with me. She couldn't stand the fact that I look and act so much like my father. For the sake of revenge, she brainwashed me and filled me with hate towards him, so I wouldn't want to see him again, and that way she would succeed in making him suffer. I was just a mere tool. When se married her current husband and had a kid, I was totally forgotten. At that moment, all the hatred she tried to put in me against my father, turned against her new family with rising violence.

It was then when my father re-appeared in my life and offered me to go and live with him. I accepted, of course. To resume our relationship now, we're more like two old friends sharing a flat than a father and daughter. I can talk with him about everything and ask him for any kind of advice. Even though we're going through a very hard time at work (we even work in the same place) we're very happy having each other smile.gif

As for my mom... never heard of her in the last 5 years.

Edited by finnrakh

Figured I'd bump this rather than starting a whole new thread-

Who here actually tells their parents everything?

Who hides a lot of things from their parents?

Personally... My family has bad memory issues, so if the first time they react badly about something I just never mention it again and let them forget it. |D Not to mention... Religious, closed-minded, think they know everything.

Yeah. Not planning on telling them anything anytime soon...

Personally... My family has bad memory issues, so if the first time they react badly about something I just never mention it again and let them forget it. |D Not to mention... Religious, closed-minded, think they know everything.

Yeah. Not planning on telling them anything anytime soon...

I never really told my parents much.

But, I told my dad more than my mom. He grew up in America, so he understands more about being a kid than my mother.

Then my mom got into the hospital, and ever since she got out, I can't have a decent conversation with her for more than two seconds. I either say something wrong, like mention one of my relatives on dad's side of them family, whom she hates. Or she'll just blow up at me for no particular reason to let off steam. I guess she's stressed from work. My mom and I just aren't compatible I guess. I mean, a lot of the time she'll yell at me for no particular reason and then two seconds later pretend that we're best friends. It's gotten to the point where I can't stand being around her.

I mean, both my parents have this odd expectation that I should be perfect. Sometimes I get grounded for getting an B+ on an insanely difficult Algebra/Geo test. But, I guess I should mention that it's usually my mom that does that.

So, to answer the question, I hide pretty much everything from my parents. Because I never know how they're going to react, and chances are it won't be in a good way.

My mom is alright. Sometimes she can be a little annoying, ignorant, and flat out sensitive but it's alright. I just know that she loves me. :3 I also feel like I can't tell her anything though, but that's because my family likes to send you on guilt trips.

As for my dad, I don't really know. My parents divorced when I was a baby.

I don't tell my parents much because, uh, then I might have to give explanations that might lead to more question/answers that they don't want to hear. I don't do anything illegal, I just don't like laying out every little detail of what I do and the reasons behind it.

...Haaahahahaha. Oooooohhhhhhh hell no.

It's somewhat pitiful how little any of my family actually knows me. And they go on and on about how they do know me. rolleyes.gif Nobody knows what I do, what I think, my opinions on politics or religion, my social life, my friends, anything like that. I hide pretty much everything from them.

I can best sum up with "the more time I spend away from my parents, the more I like them". Especially my mother. But that's a whole other can of worms.

I dont tell my parents anything at all, even though they try to talk to me, i just end the conversationg and lock myself in my room. They learned that i was depressed because my school counseler told them after i had a talk with her. They tried to be nice to me for a few days, but it went back to verbal abuse very quickly.

I do tell my sister everything though, she's my best friend, and she knows me a lot more than my own parents.

I dont have much to hide from my parents, or anything at all, im not very sociable irl so nothing much happens.

My parents are old fashioned. Extremely. They don't even talk about what 'goes on between boys and girls.'

I love them a lot, and my mom is the best person ever, but I don't tell them anything. But then again, I don't tell anyone else anything either.

My parents are wholly unexciting. There is no drama. They made me do my homework. They drove me places before I could drive. They made me do my chores and let me have friends over to swim. I am really happy to have had unexciting parents!

My parents are old fashioned. Extremely. They don't even talk about what 'goes on between boys and girls.'

Ughh I know what you mean. My dad and stepmom are like that too. If it's a movie with people kissing in a bedroom they're like "ZOMG SEX DON'T LOOK AT THE TV!"

...Right. I've seen worse in sex ed.

Well my mom is very understanding, shes very nice i think ive only got grounded once in my life and that was for back talking.

As for my dad i never knew him, he left before i was born and just a few years ago i found out that i had a half brother and half sister. He got divorced and the mom told me i could see them now. i guess any other time my dad would say he didnt want me to see them.

Too strict and still treat me like a child.

Now that I'm an adult, I get into a lot of conflicts with them (not like the teenage "you guys aren't fair!" drama).

We don't see eye-to-eye, and the things my parents think are best for me, aren't so. I'm able to think as an adult (you know, sometimes), and I'm no longer scared of things like being grounded, thus I voice my opinion more so than I did as a teen.

Ughh I know what you mean. My dad and stepmom are like that too. If it's a movie with people kissing in a bedroom they're like "ZOMG SEX DON'T LOOK AT THE TV!"

I'm 24yrs, my partner is 23yrs, we've been together 3yrs...and I'm still not allowed to kiss her in front of her father. And I mean a peck on the lips, not tonsil-tennis.

He is 60yrs, Italian, and Roman Catholic. So what do you expect?

My mom switches between a crazy mom and a screaming maniac... but I love her anyways. =3 My dad's awesome, rarely gets angry, but when he does... get out of the way!

Story of my life.

My recommendation: NEVER watch the unrated version of Caddyshack with your parents. >.>

I bought the DVD at Target (I was 15 at the time, and had no ID. They didn't ask for ID.) I didn't realize it was the unrated version, so I was in for a nasty surprise with my parents also watching. I wasn't grounded, but I got the sex talk for a second time and they have made sure since then that I'm not left in the same room alone with a girl.

Me? Perfectionist Losers!I remember coming home with a less then perfect report card[89% on my Social studies average] and they screamed at me for twenty minutes and grounded me for a week and a half!I rarely talk to them and learned to fend for myself early.At the age of eight I could operate an oven and make chicken with potatoes or rice.

Wow. You really don`t have supporting parents!

My mom actually gets mad at me if I get sick or injured. If I catch a cold, even now that I'm 21, I get yelled at as if it were my fault. When I was young and I rolled out of bed in my sleep and broke my collar bone, I got grounded. Wtf. I was sleeping, how was that even remotely my fault.

My dad died last year due to liver cancer - my mom's getting through it pretty well ~

My mom is nice and awesome but she's what you call a typical Asian mom, lmao!

My mother is very annoying. She doesn't listen to what I say. ever.

Me:Haha, I have enough money I could by another laptop.

Mom:Well, if you want to you can.

Me:Nah, I don't wan't one.

Mom: NO. Don't think I don't want you to buy one!

Me:... I never wanted another one.

Mom: NO. If you want one get one!

Me: But I don't- (repeat about five times.)

And when she gets mad she yells at me for a few hours. seriously. Now it's not five hours straight, but she will constantly go back to the topic and start yelling again.

Like...

One time I interrupted her, she got upset, and I said 'sorry', not in a sarcastic manner or anything.

Five minutes later she starts to yell again. I say sorry, rinse and repeat.

It is ridiculous.

She is fine otherwise, supporting of goals etc. She isn't old fashioned at all. She is seems to be one of the smarter parents (compared to my freinds parents I know).

But she still never lets her anger go. She'll rant forever. She really needs to work on that.

My dad is boring. He loves me, odviously, but all he does is sit on the sofa and watch TV. (don't misunderstand, he has a very taxing job, but I wish he would do more stuff.)

My father passed away from lung cancer a few years ago, and today my mother was admitted to the psych ward at a local hospital. She is delusional, depressed and psychotic.

We have been trying to get her hospitalized for the past few weeks, but she was fighting us, and since the clinician thought that we would have a hard time getting her admitted, we didn't push the issue, but we made sure that she would not be left alone. She finally agreed to come to the hospital for the eval today.

I had to remove the doorknob from her bedroom door this morning, since she was insisting that it was being controlled electronically, since she had accidentally locked herself out of the bedroom the day before and she blamed her caretaker.

She took all the knives from the kitchen and put them in her dresser drawers, not to hurt herself, but to prevent the person hiding in the attic from using them to hurt her.

I wasn't allowed to call her psychologist from my phone, my mother's or my sister's, because she believes that they are all bugged, but she let me call him from my brother's phone.

Luckily, she displayed similar behavior when she was at the hospital, so they had no problem believing that she is needed to be admitted.

Very selfish of me, but tonight will be the first good night's sleep that I will get in quite a while.

Sign in to follow this