Sign in to follow this  
RuthlessWolves

Parents

Domestic abuse for the first sixteen years. Then Dad realised it's not cool. Thankfully my bro didn't get it so bad, and my sister not at all.

Turns out there were several reasons why he was that way, and I have partially forgiven him for it. Partially.

My mother is a drug addict, and a drunk :/.

ATM she's in a prison.

My mother and father really don't love each other any more, they got a divorce when I was about 15... But then again, they were going to get a divorce when I was 13, but my mother was in prison, so she couldn't sign the divorce papers.

My father is one of the most hardworking people I've ever met, and he's also a great person....

And he's been sober for almost 30 years now.

Edited by jumonjiforum

My mom and dad have been split up since I was around 4 or 5 years old, and I was never really around my dad a whole lot while growing up, but when we do see each other we get along just fine. My mom and I get along great, though we do have the occasional fight over dumb little things. I feel pretty lucky to have a good relationship with my parents, because it seems like so many others don't. sad.gif

Prayers, or thoughts to everyone who's life is um... less than optimal on the thread and outside of it. Hard for me to relate since my parents have been together for 25 years, love me like crazy, and raised me pretty much the exact way I want to raise my kids. I hope everything turns around or has worked out for most of everyone above

To tell you the truth....my parents are complete jerks. I've been mentally abused by what they say about me, telling me im a dissapointment and that im not "normal", which sadly, has drilled into my mind. Now im suffering from depression b/c of all the stuff they say at my face, and they dont even know.

My parents are pretty awesome. Unfortunately my dad lives in Germany as they're long divorced, but I don't mind as I do get to see him still several times a year, and go to a different country to do that. My dad is impatient and strict, but I love him more than anybody else in the entire world.

My mum's a bit of a different story... sometimes we argue, but really, I guess I can't complain. She's really lax about things (to the point where occasionally it feels as though she doesn't care...) but it could obviously be a lot worse. So my parents are pretty brilliant. (:

my parents got divorced in january of 2009 i believe...

its taking me forever to get used to it. lol. but oh well.

my dad is kinda care free and talkative if you talk to him first. he loves his games though, professional racing and football... touch the tv while they are on.. you will get the most evil glare ever. lol. but he is easy to talk to if you want to. i am a girl and i find it easier to talk to my dad about life issues more than my mom which most people find very odd. but whatever works i guess. lol.

my mother is the complete opposite.. she is very child like in the way she acts.. she argues and throws fits like my teenage sister, which is probably why they butt-heads so much. she tries to care, and sometimes she really does. but then she turns around and makes you forget about the nice moment you had with her the day before by making something small like spilt milk into something dramatic and crazy....

gives me a headache...

but yea... that is basically my parents.

To tell you the truth....my parents are complete jerks. I've been mentally abused by what they say about me, telling me im a dissapointment and that im not "normal", which sadly, has drilled into my mind. Now im suffering from depression b/c of all the stuff they say at my face, and they dont even know.

My mom has been mentally abusing me and has occasionally physically. Shes always telling me that I'm not normal and need to do this and that....

My dad as it seems, will be leaving soon. I guess I wont be seeing him as much anymore, because my mom is just fed up. But I'm just ignoring him, and as of recently, have told him multiple times to shut up and leave me alone. I wish he would just leave already...

I love both of my moms. Both of them are equally amazing people (although they do tend to piss me off from time to time) ;D

I have lesbians moms who have been together for sixteen years, ever since I was a teeny weeny baby. One of them is an ICU nurse and the other was an airline pilot, but now she's studying to become a nurse, too. One of my moms (my birth mom) is boisterous, loud, funny, and sometimes censorkip.gif*y (but aren't we all?) and fun to play with. She's my cuddle bug. My other mom is quiet, reserved, sarcastically funny, fun to hang out with, knows everything, and kind of a nerd xd.png But I love her. Of course, we all have our faults, but I don't expect them to be perfect. (Actually, I do at times.)

But I still want to move out xd.png I don't think I can stand my little sister through college.

Oh, and my birth father is an ass. My birth mom got pregnant with me when she was 18 because of a drunk party, and then when she told him he got all mad and refused to believe it (because she was out as a lesbian at that point, just impaired by alcohol). Even when she ran into him when I was two years old he still wanted nothing to do with me, so my mom's best friend censorkip.gif*ed him out x3 He was only 16 when my mom got pregnant, though, and his parents were very strict and overbearing.

Even still, he went around my mom's high school spreading lies about how she was a censorkip.gif* and stuff :/ Ass.

As for the people who have been mentally/physically abused by their parents: Tell somebody.

And if they think you're lying, buy a tape recorder, a tape, and when you think they're about to do something, just press record.

You officially have evidence.

As for the people that worry that SS or somebody will take them away, well...

Which is worse, having mental issues when your older about your parents abusing you, or not living with your parents and having to live with a foster family/home.

To be honest, I think, albeit it being inconvenient, being in a foster home/care is better than having your whole entire life affected because your parent decided to do *insert thing here.*.

But then again, my parents were never abusive, and the only real 'mental abuse' I had to go through was years of bullying, and I turned out fine after that.

But then again, what do I know? It's none of my business anyways.

I'm lucky to have nice parents

Well... When my mom isn't really stressed and getting more aggravated by the minute she's absolutely fine.

Hate her mindset that cold water makes me calm down, it doesn't, especially when that was my last clean outfit other than pajamas and I'm already hysterical. (Bad night that was, geometry homework was HELL, HELL)

OTHERWISE

We're like bffs :3 I don't tell her everything but we still joke about stuff and annoy my brother |D

My dad I don't talk to as much, not that he isn't nice and stuff, I'm just not a sports lover like him, sometimes he tries to relive his childhood through me by trying to get me to school games, saying my friends will be there.

Seeing how 2 of my best friends have graduated, one is in Vermont and the other working, and my other friends spent their weekends at home (or at the arcade) they will most definitely not be there.

Wat offtopic rambling strikes again

this now -my real father live fla [paul john imhoff sr ]

my mom [jennie g messley] live me [rod imhoff] and older sister [beth ann imhoff strom] and my bother in law [thomas h strom]

and my 2 appoying nieces [brie erin strom] and [kylie bella strom]

and 2 dogs [serria and zoey] and 2 cats [kiki and kira]

Edited by merlin 2

My mom lives with me and my little brother (not THAT little, he's only a year and a half younger...). She kicked my dad out when I was little for being drunken and lazy (he's since cleaned himself up, though still has issues getting work...).

My mom tends to be very nice. And funny. She has a really good sense of humor. She's also a pretty good cook (like my bro), whereas I can't cook without instructions. x.x She tries to teach me and she's a fount of knowledge. xd.png

She tends to get easily irritated, though, like sometimes she gets really overwhelmed sometimes.

Overall she's a really good mom. :3

Merlin... I'll give you some advice you can use for the rest of your life online- never give out your real name on random forums. ....Never mind the names of the rest of your family.

....Proper English is always encouraged as well.

x=x My father contacted me on myspace, like, two years ago. I still haven't replied, I have no idea if I should or not.

Edited by Vexx

Ugh. My dad was an alcoholic, in his own world, and really didn't know that I existed. That being said, he was good hearted in general, not mean anyway. He died about 17 years ago.

My mom and I have never gotten along. Oil and Water. She is the control freak from hell, and will use any means to get her own way, and all other considerations be damned...emotional blackmail, guilt trips, threats, screaming, cussing, tears, dogging you out day in, day out, until you want to slam your head into the wall. That kind of behavior can go on for weeks or months, until you're so exhausted and drained you just want to give in just to shut her up. But I don't. She's one of those types that's so busy talking that she never hears what anyone else has to say. Very narcisstic. Everything is always about her. Her wants, her needs, her feelings. She's so into herself all that time that she has absolutely no clue who I am.

Growing up she was very physically and verbally abusive, put me in the hospital a couple of times. I learned at about age 3-4 to fade into the woodwork, keep very quiet, to hide, and never, ever draw attention to myself. She was prone to extreme rage, and if she remembered that I was there, there was hell to pay.

I grew up real quick in that house, because I grew up pretty much alone being an only child. To this day, I'm very introverted, quiet, and can't stand attention from people for any reason.

People that have siblings, and great parents that give love unconditionally, accept you for who you are, listen and care about you and your well being, show affection, and put you first, yet they do nothing but complain about the tiny, petty things, don't get a lot of sympathy from me. :/ My parents were loaded to the gills, and I would have given up every single dime for ONE day of that kind of experience.

Edit: That being said, I don't feel sorry for myself, and go around boo-hooing and crying about it. God spins the roulette wheel and you get what you get. You deal, or you break. I didn't break, so I'm good. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

My dad is not the greatest...he is always accusing my mom of cheating and telling her she is a bad mother(and making my brother's, sister's, and my life miserable, he dose not get physical or anything like that but he can be verbally abusive).

My mom has raised us pretty much, always been there. She is a great mother, not perfect, but I love her. My mom deserves better. sad.gif

this past -my mom divored my real father and my 2 step fathers

my 3 rd step father is really mean to me

my 3rd step father fighting my mom about dislays and proucts look like at home and also they fight about booths look like at shows

my 3rd stepfather dive my crazy at home and shows

i went to 2 special workshops in ill and ark

i miss my grandpas and grandmas too

Edited by merlin 2

My father tried to kill me. That's all I ever really need to divulge.

My caretaker on the other hand is an amazing woman. She's my best friend, we have so much in common, and through her I finally feel like I have parents.

My dad is a former marine, a coast guard auxillary, and a volunteer in our state police. He runs 4-5 miles every day! (its CRAZY!) if any of you have ever seen NCIS, he is like Gibbs! He can be extremely strict but then in like a moment switch and be so nice! He loves to watch funny movies (Napolean Dynamite type things). I have a feeling he will be around for a long time <3

My mom is a middle school teacher. She is a hard-core cyclists! She is hard to talk to sometimes because once she has an idea, she sticks with it. Sadly she doesn't like sweets and so I am sweet deprived sad.gif I love her very much!

Both my parents are still madly in love with each other, and I can't be more happy with them(:

As for the people who have been mentally/physically abused by their parents: Tell somebody.

And if they think you're lying, buy a tape recorder, a tape, and when you think they're about to do something, just press record.

You officially have evidence.

As for the people that worry that SS or somebody will take them away, well...

Which is worse, having mental issues when your older about your parents abusing you, or not living with your parents and having to live with a foster family/home.

To be honest, I think, albeit it being inconvenient, being in a foster home/care is better than having your whole entire life affected because your parent decided to do *insert thing here.*.

-snip-

Even if I did that, the government in PR wont do censorkip.gif 'bout it. Rican people have been born into a society where adults THINK that beating your kids to a bloody pulp will teach them "morals" (sp?).

My mom knows I'm violent, yet she dares to provoke me.

Last time I got into a fight with my mom (about a month ago) it started because of the puppy that hasn't been adopted yet. Apparently, I have to clean up after it, when it clearly isn't my dog. She started censorkip.gif*ing at me, and I tell her the truth over and over. She hates being proved wrong (especially when I'm giving directions on the road). She ends up slapping me. Now, at that point, I should have called the cops, but I was so fed up with her for the past 16 years, that my only reaction was to just hit her back... the black eye was priceless on her face.

To this day, she hasn't dared to argue with me over some stupid BS.

In short, it's not that easy to get out of these home environments, when the government that you belong to actually promotes it.

Even if I did that, the government in PR wont do censorkip.gif 'bout it. Rican people have been born into a society where adults THINK that beating your kids to a bloody pulp will teach them "morals" (sp?).

My mom knows I'm violent, yet she dares to provoke me.

Last time I got into a fight with my mom (about a month ago) it started because of the puppy that hasn't been adopted yet. Apparently, I have to clean up after it, when it clearly isn't my dog. She started censorkip.gif*ing at me, and I tell her the truth over and over. She hates being proved wrong (especially when I'm giving directions on the road). She ends up slapping me. Now, at that point, I should have called the cops, but I was so fed up with her for the past 16 years, that my only reaction was to just hit her back... the black eye was priceless on her face.

To this day, she hasn't dared to argue with me over some stupid BS.

In short, it's not that easy to get out of these home environments, when the government that you belong to actually promotes it.

True, and I completely agree, for some people it's much harder than others to get out of *insert situation here*, depending on their own unique situation, and plain and simple some people can't get out of these situations, but for those that can, well, unless they know it's not affecting them in any way, I think they should attempt to get out of their situation. But then again, that's what I think, and I've never really dealt with a situation like this, oh well.

That's... that's awful. o_o

I love my parents. They're people, so they can be kinda harsh, and they push me to get good grades a lot--but that's 'cause they know I can get good grades if I don't procrastinate and be lazy. -coughlikeI'mdoingnowcough- At any rate, I know a lot of people who say they hate their parents, and I know a lot of people who I think might genuinely have home problems, but... mine are pretty nice, all things considered.

In spite of what I dealth with at home, I never hit my mom back. I didn't want to stoop to that level, or be that kind of person. What good does it really do? I have two boys, ages 18 and 22. I've never laid a hand on them, or verbally abused them in any way, shape or form..I was determined to be the exact opposite kind of parent that my mom was, and I've got good kids. If one of them proved to be 'violent' they'd be getting professional help. If they ever hit me for any reason, they'd be in the street.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Separated.

Mum has MS, calls me every Sunday from England, saying the same things that she usually says. I still can't forgive her for breaking our family apart. She smokes now. Another thing I can't forgive, especially after she'd quit. Mum is rather spiteful about Dad's girlfriend, and when I told her to stop, she threatened to hit me. I have visited her twice since she left last year.

Dad has a girlfriend, whom he spends all of his time with. The only time we can spend time privately together is when he's driving me somewhere, and that hardly ever happens. Dad's girlfriend is lovely, but I'm constantly terrified that I'll do something to ruin their relationship, or that she sees me and my brother as extra baggage.

They were supposed to be divorced on my 16th birthday, but something went wrong with the papers and now I have no idea what to think.

Edited by Sparkeycat

You are your dad's children. She's not much of a girlfriend if she see's you as 'extra baggage' and I'm sure she wasn't blind to the fact that the guy had kids. Don't judge your mom too harshly. There may be things behind the scene's that went down that you have no knowledge of at this point. And besides, you're dad doesn't exactly seem to be too broken up over losing your mom since he seems to spend every waking moment with the new girlfriend. That doesn't sound to me like a man that cares one way or the other about a broken up marriage. It's sounds like he's having a great time. The guy isn't even divorced yet, and already has your mom replaced. I'd be one spiteful **bleep**, too, bet on that.

Edited by MedievalMystic

Sign in to follow this